What is your favorite hobby away from being a Falcons fan? (Not another Julio thread)

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'll look into those.

Thanks guys.

I use 1/3rd Compost, 1/3 peat Moss and 1/3 of Vermiculite. It’s little more upfront in costs but works well. The bed is like a sponge, holds water and releases it. It gets easier dealing with not enough or too much water.  Look up square foot gardening. I don’t do exact but got some great tips from that book and others.

15 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Ha ha. I ate pretty much anything they sold in the night markets from insects bugs to more exotic stuff but couldn’t handle Stinky Tofu. Taiwan is cool place to live though, if you don’t mind tight spaces. 

Indeed. The concept of space in Taiwan is almost nonexistent. But even though I usually don't like crowds, I still felt very comfortable there. Did you live there for a while, or just vacationing?

8 minutes ago, likeriver said:

Indeed. The concept of space in Taiwan is almost nonexistent. But even though I usually don't like crowds, I still felt very comfortable there. Did you live there for a while, or just vacationing?

Business trips. I used to travel a lot to Asia Pacific around 2005-2010. Mostly Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Australia. I like Taiwan better than Singapore,Which was suffocating lol. You can go from one end of the Singapore  to other in cab for 30-40 Bucks. First trip, i usually do some touristy stuff but next visits, I just try to blend in with locals.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:38 PM, Mescalito said:

I waited in line at a Gamestop "for my son" to secure a pre-order for a ps5 after I saw how hard it was to pre-order online with all the bots and stuff.  I was able to get it on launch day.  Apparently, a lot of people still can't get one.  How did you pull it off if you don't mind me asking?

It's just about impossible. Gotta set up alerts from twitter (I think the accounts are Wario64 and PlayStation In Stock Alerts)... wait till you get a notification it's available at Walmart, Best Buy, etc.. and login and hope you get one. 

I managed to get 2 in the past 3 months of checking constantly. Luckily only needed 2 for my wife and I :D

On 5/29/2021 at 9:12 PM, NCFalconfan said:

My dad grew up in a neighborhood called Kenilworth Estates off Memorial Drive in Atlanta. He told me that there must have been some major action on the site that the neighborhood was built on during the Civil War because they would find bullets, buttons etc like it was finding a pop bottle cap when he was a kid. He said one of the kids in the neighborhood had his whole basement FULL of artifacts from the war that he found in the woods digging around in the neighborhood. 

Kenilworth Estates is Thrill Hill. 

1 hour ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

It's just about impossible. Gotta set up alerts from twitter (I think the accounts are Wario64 and PlayStation In Stock Alerts)... wait till you get a notification it's available at Walmart, Best Buy, etc.. and login and hope you get one. 

I managed to get 2 in the past 3 months of checking constantly. Luckily only needed 2 for my wife and I :D

Walmart and GameStop are impossible. The PlayStation store is too with their queue system. I've managed to snag 3. 1 for me and 2 for some friends. I think it's going to be towards the end of the year before things get back normal. 

On 5/30/2021 at 10:47 PM, octoslash said:

I grow my own...food.

Yeah...let's call it food.

Homegrown food.

🇯🇲

Excellent stuff here. You can always tell the difference between home-grown from the garden vs corporate...broccoli....

On 5/28/2021 at 10:27 AM, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Which is expensive these days. I have an emulation rig I want to update the GPU on, and it costs an arm and a leg just to get GPUs from 4-5 yrs ago.

I'm trying to build a CPU that I just want to use for editing movies. I was told to get an AMD RX 570 8gb where do I find one that's not gonna cost me $500+ dollars? I'm thinking I should just buy a PC instead. 

Im a game developer by trade (Smite, Paladins, Killing Floor 2, Maneater)

But also by hobby.

Ive been working on this to honor my late mother for fourteen years after my job. The two factions represent her or the cancer that took her away and a lot of the art is a metaphor for one or the other. Finally releasing from early access to full this summer.

Also rebuilding the falcons and braves in madden or the show when they stink.