11-3=8

8 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I guess Julio did them a favor saying what he did yesterday.

Instead of speculating why #11 wasn't participating in OTAs and what that could mean for his long term future with the Falcons everyone knows what's up.

AS can just say no comment or whatever instead of lie to the press/fans.

It makes it easier for Smith to comment or not comment on but I would think that it makes it harder to get as good compensation in the trade if he hadn't said anything.

1 minute ago, Mescalito said:

It makes it easier for Smith to comment or not comment on but I would think that it makes it harder to get as good compensation in the trade if he hadn't said anything.

I think the Falcons were going to be limited based on Julio's contract, age, and coming off an injury.

They weren't getting a 1st.

True the Falcons may have lost some leverage but they always needed multiple teams involved competing against each other to get the best deal.

21 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I guess Julio did them a favor saying what he did yesterday.

Instead of speculating why #11 wasn't participating in OTAs and what that could mean for his long term future with the Falcons everyone knows what's up.

AS can just say no comment or whatever instead of lie to the press/fans.

This team no longer needs 11...the coaches know it, the team knows it. And soon others will come to know it. 

3 minutes ago, nomak said:

This team no longer needs 11...the coaches know it, the team knows it. And soon others will come to know it. 

And before yesterday 90% of the people around here were saying there was no way Julio was going anywhere and the Falcons were so much better with him than without him.

Let's be honest. The Falcons are not going to be as good without Julio Jones.

Don't let hurt feelings cloud objectivity.

Personally I don't think it was going to make that much of a difference in the W/L column because I don't think the Falcons were going to be that good anyway.

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And before yesterday 90% of the people around here were saying there was no way Julio was going anywhere and the Falcons were so much better with him than without him.

Personally I don't think it was going to make that much of a difference in the W/L column because I don't think the Falcons were going to be that good anyway.

You're 100% right.  We're not better today by not having Julio.  BUT... there are 28 teams that had better records than the Falcons, and they don't have Julio.  It's not the end of the world, even if it does suck as a fan.

16 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

I'm calling it early.... Hurst is going to be a monster in this offense!!! Dude already looks leaner.

Man. I would be ecstatic if he did. Him Pitts and Ridley. Could be a trio of great receiving threats, with Gage still having room to take steps. As well as the other receivers I suppose.

39 minutes ago, CTann said:

Ya’ll see Mykal Walker moving? Sssssssheeeeesh! 

Yeah... He is the guy that I am actually very much looking forward to seeing how he reacts with the new defense....He showed some serious flashes last year in relatively limited time.

29 minutes ago, nomak said:

Ws are all anyone will care about in the end. The numbers on the uniforms are a distant second. 

26 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

37 minutes ago, nomak said:

Na dog all 32 teams in the NFL need a Player like Julio. He’s the Man amongst men when it comes to being an NFL receiver. We just don’t want him no more lol.....he put a bad taste in our mouths with his actions. There is still a chance we don’t get the compensation wanted and he’s a falcon this season. Only time will tell.

32 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Julio makes the Falcons better...anyone arguing the opposite of that is just ignorant.

Having said that, we won before Julio got here and we can win without him.

Just because he makes us better, it does not mean we can't be good without him.

But the other guys have to step up...the line needs to protect better,  Ridley needs to step his game up and take the leadership role in the wr room.

Hurst needs to be more consistent.

Ryan needs to be better.

Everyone needs to step up....but if they do, this offense still has enough firepower to do something pretty good....even if it is not as good as it would be if Julio is here.

5 minutes ago, AxManBigFan said:

Na dog all 32 teams in the NFL need a Player like Julio. He’s the Man amongst men when it comes to being an NFL receiver. We just don’t want him no more lol.....he put a bad taste in our mouths with his actions. There is still a chance we don’t get the compensation wanted and he’s a falcon this season. Only time will tell.

Unless you need him to score for $20 million.

9 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Julio makes the Falcons better...anyone arguing the opposite of that is just ignorant.

Having said that, we won before Julio got here and we can win without him.

Just because he makes us better, it does not mean we can't be good without him.

But the other guys have to step up...the line needs to protect better,  Ridley needs to step his game up and take the leadership role in the wr room.

Hurst needs to be more consistent.

Ryan needs to be better.

Everyone needs to step up....but if they do, this offense still has enough firepower to do something pretty good....even if it is not as good as it would be if Julio is here.

Exactly this!!