Matt Ryan needs to step up and be a leader..

Just now, Godzilla1985 said:

Are you implying hes not doing that?  He’s been 1000 times the leader that Julio ever has.  

Yeah, I love Julio Jones and I do think he's been a great leader for this team, but Julio follows Ryan, not the other way around.

Matt Ryan has been a leader since he stepped foot in the building.  That isn't going to change.

6 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Now that Julio is on the way out Matt Ryan needs to step up and be a leader. Matt Ryan needs to instill confidence and swagger into his teammates. We better not go into the 2021 season all doom and gloom. Matt Ryan still has Ridley and Pitts. 

Its probably going to be difficult for Ryan knowing the coaching staff and administration is focused on the future and a rebuild.. Ryan is basically a lame duck the rest of his time as a Falcon.. Imo, Ryan will bank his checks and ride off into the sunset as soon as he possibly can 

3 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Are you implying hes not doing that?  He’s been 1000 times the leader that Julio ever has.  

Exactly.  Matt Ryan has always been the most fired up and energetic player on the entire team.  When he's on the sideline, he's always pumping up his offensive line and receivers.  He's always congratulating the defensive players too when they make a big play.  Saying Ryan hasn't been a fiery leader for the team would be an absolute farce.

Julio on the other hand has always been pretty subdued.  If there's a busted play on offense, I don't recall seeing him get after anyone.  When DQ would allow the team to slide into a 5 game losing streak, I always wondered if Julio would be the guy in the locker room to say enough is enough.  I never doubted that Ryan is that guy but Julio doesn't seem to demonstrate that type of leadership.  Not saying that he's not a leader, but he just seems like the "lead by example" guy and not a vocal leader

6 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Its probably going to be difficult for Ryan knowing the coaching staff and administration is focused on the future and a rebuild.. Ryan is basically a lame duck the rest of his time as a Falcon.. Imo, Ryan will bank his checks and ride off into the sunset as soon as he possibly can 

Wrong.  The coaching staff seems more than ready to build around Ryan as the QB for the next 2 to 3 seasons.  And Ryan is always the guy to put in extra work in the offseason, getting together with his receivers for workouts.  What makes you reasonably think he's just happy to cash checks now?  

16 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Where did Matt Ryan hurt you?

For most offenses the QB is typically a leader since things run through the QB, and Matt is definitely a leader. For the receivers Ridley will now step up and be the leader of that position group hopefully, seeing as how there's no real vet presence there besides him.

3 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

For most offenses the QB is typically a leader since things run through the QB, and Matt is definitely a leader. For the receivers Ridley will now step up and be the leader of that position group hopefully, seeing as how there's no real vet presence there besides him.

THIS.  Calvin needs to step up and be THE ONE.  Its his baby now.

13 minutes ago, falconsFTW said:

Exactly.  Matt Ryan has always been the most fired up and energetic player on the entire team.  When he's on the sideline, he's always pumping up his offensive line and receivers.  He's always congratulating the defensive players too when they make a big play.  Saying Ryan hasn't been a fiery leader for the team would be an absolute farce.

Julio on the other hand has always been pretty subdued.  If there's a busted play on offense, I don't recall seeing him get after anyone.  When DQ would allow the team to slide into a 5 game losing streak, I always wondered if Julio would be the guy in the locker room to say enough is enough.  I never doubted that Ryan is that guy but Julio doesn't seem to demonstrate that type of leadership.  Not saying that he's not a leader, but he just seems like the "lead by example" guy and not a vocal leader

Rah Rah guys only go so far. In the NFL you have to back it up on the field.

You know why Ray Lewis was the unquestioned leader of the Ravens? It wasn't because he made speeches or danced... it was because he made plays.

There was this one NFL Films clip that I wish I could find. Basically the Ravens D wasn't dominating and Ray was on the sidelines telling his teammates to make a play. I guess it wasn't being well received because he said something to the effect of 'fine I'll do it myself.' The next series Ray picked the ball off.

If Ryan was a fiery leader and got in everyone's face and then turned the ball over or constantly went 3 and out everyone would tune him out.

For the most part Ryan has backed up his talk on the field. As long as he continues to do this he'll be fine.

25 minutes ago, falconsFTW said:

Julio leads by example.  At least twice he's run down a guy on what would have been a pick six, saving a TD.  But you're right -- he isn't all that vocal outside the WR group (who he is always coaching up on the sidelines).

50 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Now that Julio is on the way out Matt Ryan needs to step up and be a leader. Matt Ryan needs to instill confidence and swagger into his teammates. We better not go into the 2021 season all doom and gloom. Matt Ryan still has Ridley and Pitts. 

OP, You need to stick to asking Questions.