Rich Eisen and Ian Rapoport

4 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Julio doesn't want to be a part of the change.  He probably wants to go to a situation that is basically win now with a solid possibility of doing so.  @ya_boi_j posted a great video of Wiley & Acho talking about this.  Y'all need to check it out.  Hits all the points well.

Wiley and Acho are very underrated.

They've had many deep discussions that go away from the usual regurgitated talking points the media usually spew.

10 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Julio doesn't want to be a part of the change.  He probably wants to go to a situation that is basically win now with a solid possibility of doing so.  @ya_boi_j posted a great video of Wiley & Acho talking about this.  Y'all need to check it out.  Hits all the points well.

I think that's the most logical possibility.

But what if Julio is traded and the Falcons quickly return to contenders instantly this season?

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

They even touched on that.  Acho said the grass isn't always greener elsewhere 

Do you think this could be a panic move by Julio? Wants a ring because he feels his career clock ticking?

He could be upset by another regime change. Didn't he push for Raheim Morris as HC during last season?

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Do you think this could be a panic move by Julio? Wants a ring because he feels his career clock ticking?

He could be upset by another regime change. Didn't he push for Raheim Morris as HC during last season?

Wiley hit on that.  If Julio was all about personal numbers, leaving would not be a part of it.  His numbers with MR2 are unprecedented in the modern NFL.  Not even close.  He may go to Canton, but adding that SB makes it first ballot.  Wiley talked about Edelman has four rings, but he's not remotely JJ.  This may just be the cherry on top for Julio.  

I also get the feeling that he senses the serious change in culture and may not feel like a natural fit anymore.  This isn't about spite.

Wiley hit on that.  If Julio was all about personal numbers, leaving would not be a part of it's.  His numbers with MR2 are unprecedented in the modern NFL.  Not even close.  He may go to Canton, but adding that SB makes it first ballot.  Wiley talked about Edelman has four rings, but he's not remotely JJ.  This may just be the cherry on top for Julio.  

I also get the feeling that he senses the serious change in culture and may not feel like a natural fit anymore.  This isn't about spite.

Makes a lot of sense.

Wheres the video? On youtube?

This^^^.

The "new guys" aren't *** kissers and the grapevine probably solidified it. Rather than stick it out, he's opting to look for a new soft spot.

38 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Maybe Julio saw the writing on the wall with a new emphasis on running the ball more plus with the addition of pits that he would be seeing the ball a lot less

Julio simply saw the end of his career and he made the calculation that the Falcons won't contend for SuperBowls over the 2021 and 2022 season - he wants to go to a team he believes has a chance to get there - plus sometimes change is fun and reinvigorates an older player.

I don't blame Julio for not wanting to start over w/ a new regime at his age and career trajectory - however he kind of screwed over the Falcons - well the AB and TD screwed over the Falcons when they caved to Julio and his agent's wishes two years ago when they re-did his contract.

37 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Maybe Julio saw the writing on the wall with a new emphasis on running the ball more plus with the addition of pits that he would be seeing the ball a lot less

But he told the Falcons he wanted to be traded BEFORE the draft.  Pitts wasn't in the equation yet.  I lean toward Julio not liking the new coaching staff and the general direction of the Falcons as a organization...

one thing is for certain now

Julio has been on the trade block from well before the draft - he put himself there and TF trying to accomodate his wishes - would TF and AS have wanted to trade him anyway?  we will never know.

When the story came out the Monday before the draft - the Falcons wanted that story out - I won't say another thing about it - but clearly is true.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Julio simply saw the end of his career and he made the calculation that the Falcons won't contend for SuperBowls over the 2021 and 2022 season - he wants to go to a team he believes has a chance to get there - plus sometimes change is fun and reinvigorates an older player.

I don't blame Julio for not wanting to start over w/ a new regime at his age and career trajectory - however he kind of screwed over the Falcons - well the AB and TD screwed over the Falcons when they caved to Julio and his agent's wishes two years ago when they re-did his contract.

Simple as that.  Occam's razor at its finest.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

one thing is for certain now

Julio has been on the trade block from well before the draft - he put himself there and TF trying to accomodate his wishes - would TF and AS have wanted to trade him anyway?  we will never know.

When the story came out the Monday before the draft - the Falcons wanted that story out - I won't say another thing about it - but clearly is true.

bro you keep reading more into this than is there.

the whole time you thought TF was disrespecting Julio when it was literally the opposite.

this is Julio showing us he's more of a diva than he ever let on

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

But he told the Falcons he wanted to be traded BEFORE the draft.  Pitts wasn't in the equation yet.  I lean toward Julio not liking the new coaching staff and the general direction of the Falcons as a organization...

Unless the new regime gave him insight on what they were gonna do beforehand?

Could've easily told him of the changes coming to the team before drafting anyone.

Doubt drafting Pitts is what made Julio want to go elsewhere. It's possible that it was because of the direction and philosophy of the team changing.