JJ says "I'm outta there" Day 2

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

If he gets traded, I hope it's soon in early June because I can't seem to escape it on my phone because it's everywhere.

I hear you.  We have some people here this morning putting in a new patio for us.  I walked out to talk to them with my Falcons sweatshirt on and literally the first thing out of the guys mouth was, "Falcons fan, huh?  Did you hear about the stuff going on with Julio?!"   🙄

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, hate to see him go but already ready to move on.

Seen many go.

......including Deion. That sucked, but it is what it is.

Deion, Jam, Jessie, Abe, Rison, Roddy, Mathis, Case, Bart, Grimes, Jordan, Riggs, you name it. We’ll get over it.

5 minutes ago, Pa_Falcon_Fan said:

I hear you.  We have some people here this morning putting in a new patio for us.  I walked out to talk to them with my Falcons sweatshirt on and literally the first thing out of the guys mouth was, "Falcons fan, huh?  Did you hear about the stuff going on with Julio?!"   🙄

Can't escape it.

I always find sports reporting to be strange and sensationalizing. I know sports exist in their own bizarre and not real universe, but the idea that guys like Sharpe will use their connections to stir the pot is just weird. It's worrisome that he has reached out and tried to build a connection with Pitts. Expect in a few years when it's time for Pitts to start negotiating a contract that Sharpe will start mixing it up again. I'll bet if some sports radio guy was doing this to Denver back in his day, Sharpe would have had something to say.

Just now, Jesus said:

I always find sports reporting to be strange and sensationalizing. I know sports exist in their own bizarre and not real universe, but the idea that guys like Sharpe will use their connections to stir the pot is just weird. It's worrisome that he has reached out and tried to build a connection with Pitts. Expect in a few years when it's time for Pitts to start negotiating a contract that Sharpe will start mixing it up again. I'll bet if some sports radio guy was doing this to Denver back in his day, Sharpe would have had something to say.

Content competition.  You are only relevant if people are clicking and talking about you.  Media competition is massive.  

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Falcons need to put a "No Uncle Sharpe" clause in Pitts contract.

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

Content competition.  You are only relevant if people are clicking and talking about you.  Media competition is massive.  

Of course. These guys are nothing more than sports radio on TV. They have to find something to say every day. I still don't understand why people watch it. 

On the flipside kids who grow up watching it then become pro athletes, can't wait to get on TV and sound off. 

End of the day none of it really matters, it's just sports. A soap opera for jocks.

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Of course. These guys are nothing more than sports radio on TV. They have to find something to say every day. I still don't understand why people watch it. 

On the flipside kids who grow up watching it then become pro athletes, can't wait to get on TV and sound off. 

End of the day none of it really matters, it's just sports. A soap opera for jocks.

People watch it because it's mindless, and requires little real thought.  News as entertainment.  Scary indeed.

I do have one take that has churned to the surface as it relates to that comment...

Any time I see a guy say he wants a trade to go to a winner,  my reaction is, maybe if you were better, the team you're on would be a winner. When it comes to that player, how about scoring a bloody TD for those tens of millions they pay you? Or how about not dropping easy passes that kill drives, then grinning about it as you trot back to the huddle (or more likely, sidelines)?

Consummate professional, my ***. I'm firmly in the good riddance to bad rubbish stage of all this. I hope he's gone at 12:01 on June 2. Let him be somebody else's problem, and yes, I hope it's a dumpster fire team at this point.

27 minutes ago, Pa_Falcon_Fan said:

Did you gasp and say, NO, WHAT?!?! 😲

Last thing I'll say about it then I'm moving on. 

Those typical teary eyed press conferences that franchise legends have when they leave their original team, ala Peyton Manning with the Colts and Tony Gonzalez with the Chiefs, isn't gonna happen with Julio. 

9 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Also makes me think that the hamstring probably wasn't as big of an issue as it was last year. He just quit on the team and Morris let it happen.

I wouldn't doubt that at all. One thing that was sorely lacking with him over the last several years was accountability from the top. He was allowed to do anything he wanted and to heck with how it affected our ability to perform on game day.

So, standing around while his teammates worked seems just about right for him.

Julio is probably the first domino to drop, its very interesting Grady Jarrett contract negotiations haven't gone anywhere.  No improvement to the Defense and letting the best player walk is not a team on the rise.

11 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Also makes me think that the hamstring probably wasn't as big of an issue as it was last year. He just quit on the team and Morris let it happen.

I’ve always thought he quit on DK. 

10 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Idk if he quit but I firmly believe he would have played if we were in contention. 

He was looking out for the long term since it was a lost season. He knows he doesn't have an injury-free body like Fitz so he has to be more careful. 

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

Watching @ADAMSVILLE GYM videos on his post, Rapoport sums it up nicely.  Julio more than likely just doesn't want to be a part of the change at this point in his career.  He would rather be the final piece to someone's puzzle.  And it makes sense.

But going somewhere is is change too. 

1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

Idk if he quit but I firmly believe he would have played if we were in contention. 

He was looking out for the long term since it was a lost season. He knows he doesn't have an injury-free body like Fitz so he has to be more careful. 

Matt didn't quit. 

3 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Maybe this heats up his value and a team does something ludicrous.  But, I'm with ya bro.  I really hate this time of year.

The problem is this tanks his trade value.  We NEED to trade him now because of this, and other teams know it. 

So, if he wanted to force a trade, he probably gets his wish, but it doesn't mean it's a good trade for us or for him.

Just now, shc said:

But going somewhere is is change too. 

Absolutely.  But, he wants to go where he can get a ring over the next few years.  He is playing the odds.  The Falcons paid him.  Money is not the issue.  Its about legacy on the national stage.  He will always be our best.  But, give him a ring, and he is up there with Rice and the other all time greats nationally.  This is all legacy.