Would you prefer a 2nd or a young player with potential of we cant get a 1st for Julio?

3 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

If we don't get a first, Julio doesn't move. It's really that simple. And if he decides he doesn't want to play, that's fine. He can retire and pay back the bonuses.

The Falcons hold the cards, there's a lot of time left before the season starts.

Hope your right but not sure a first is offered 

At this point, 2nd and a player is probably the best we'll get.  Julio really set things back by going on TV with this.

Having said that, Hugh Douglas said this morning he thought the Falcons would cut him, and honestly, I don't see that happening.  As bad as a trade is for dead cap, a cut is way worse.  A cut is $2 million in cap HIT over $25 million in dead money this season and something north of $18 million in dead cap next season.  A trade is $15 million in cap SAVINGS this season over $7.75 million in dead cap this season and about $15 million next season.  This is because Julio has $15 million in guaranteed salary this season and $2 million next season, on top of his signing bonus pro-ration.

If they cut him, they're fools.  If we're eating a $2 million cap hit AND all the signing bonus, just make him play or let him sit out, in which case his guaranteed salary won't hit the books as I understand it.

Just now, keithbrooking56 said:

They aren't cutting him when they can trade him. He's 100% getting traded.

They aren't cutting him if they can't trade him. I don't think it's 100% he gets traded, but if he does not (and I agree it's at least a 75-80% chance he does), they sure are not going to make the cap situation worse by cutting him.

At this point, with the cat out of the bag so to speak, the Falcons will take the best offer.  **** shame any leverage they had is essentially gone.  However, he has value.  I don't see Terry Fontenot as a cat that rolls over and he will do the due diligence, take all the calls, make all the talks and will do what is best.  Julio may yet still suit up in the red and black next season as a dead man walking.

Posted (edited)

If I’m Terry, I’m either getting that I want for him or his *** is just going to have to suit up or sit out. 

Odds say a WR1 will get injured before the deadline and their team will get desperate. Hold out until you get what you deem is fair  compensation.

Edited by Snafu

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

If I’m Terry, I’m either getting that I want for him or his *** is just going to have to suit up or sit out. 

Odds say a WR1 will get injured before the deadline and their team will get desperate. Hold out until you get what you deem is fair  compensation.

That is a very realistic scenario.  Freak injuries happen every year.  Cuts are a good time to assess potential players as well to bring on board.   We always seem to get one or two.  It all depends on how our team gels.

26 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Hope your right but not sure a first is offered 

Then he shouldn't move. There's zero justification for Sanu netting a second and Julio getting anything less than a first.

I know everyone likes to think that the Falcons are in some horrible situation now that Julio went public, but the fact is, if ATL decides against trading him, he either plays or he doesn't get paid. He has zero leverage.

27 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You don't go into camp with a new front office and coaching staff with a malcontent player. It's a recipe for disaster. I know fans always say to hold out for the best offer or make him sit but this almost never happens aside from maybe Leveon Bell. The team will ship him off as soon as they get an offer even remotely close to decent.

Send me picks. Taking more salary back in return isn't helping us at the moment.

I was encouraged by what I saw TF and AS do in the draft and in UDFA so I think picks for them are going to payoff. 

15 hours ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Saw the idea of Laviska Shenault and a 2nd on IG. There are a lot of young players that could be had in a trade. What do you guys think? Any young names specifically?

To the title: A 2nd or a young player? I vote: Both. 

1 hour ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Then he shouldn't move. There's zero justification for Sanu netting a second and Julio getting anything less than a first.

I know everyone likes to think that the Falcons are in some horrible situation now that Julio went public, but the fact is, if ATL decides against trading him, he either plays or he doesn't get paid. He has zero leverage.

Actually the Pats screwed up the Sanu. I wouldn’t use it as a measuring stick. But the ship has sailed and we’ll have to take the best offer. I bet the Falcons accommodate JJ even if it means a second rd

Just hoping this gets over quickly, like today. Terry wasn't addressing the media with Arthur so I'm hoping he's tending to this. The Takk situation carried on and the team just folded and gave him release instead of just telling him to stay away from the team. Can't let this Julio stuff linger on.

Who Is The Real Peter Brand From Moneyball

Moneyball:  "Julio is a great player....he can run the seam, hit the slant - take a screen pass to the house - but is he worth $15 million? No....No......I think it's good that he is off your payroll"

1st round pick or hold the line and keep him on the roster.  If he is so adamant about not playing for the Falcons then he can hold out and lose money.  He's never been a diva in the past so not sure why he'd start now but if that's the path he chooses, he doesn't really have any leverage other than holding out.  It would be silly for him to hold out because it's not like his contract has him being underpaid