Would you prefer a 2nd or a young player with potential of we cant get a 1st for Julio?

1 hour ago, TXAintsHater said:

NE Gets:

WR Julio Jones

2023 5th rounder

ATL Gets:

EDGE Chase Winovich

CB JC Jackson

2022 3rd rounder

Both acquired players on defense. More pieces for Pees to work with. Winovich has shown promise but has fallen on the depth chart (and is even rumored to be in Bill's dog house). Easily EDGE 2 if not 1 here. JC Jackson's ball skills speak for themselves. The plan: go for a top 12 offense and a top 16 defense in 2021. Set up a better culture for the next year.

JC and a 3rd honestly seems a bit steep. Would be nice if that happened, but I’d prefer someone else over Winovich.

4 hours ago, Spongebob said:

I don't think we are gonna get a first unless we give a 3rd or, fingers crossed, a 4th in return. I also don't think we will get a promising young prospect plus a second. Maybe a young player who has underperformed and a second 🤷

The unfortunate thing is we may be trading him when his value is at his lowest and IF (and a big if) healthy I can still see him producing around a 8 TD season with 1500+ yards.

unfortunately I 100% agree, I don't see a world where a NFL team trades a 1st round pick for a 32yo injury prone WR AND his 20mil contract. If he was dirt cheap maybe, if he was 2 years younger, definitely 1st+

We also have no leverage, everyone and their mom knows we need the money to pay the rookie class. Our only hope is a bidding war, but again, how many teams can afford the cap hit and have a good enough roster to make this count?

The Colts? their picks are tied in that Wentz deal so it might be a 2023 pick

The Pats? maybe.

Washington? maybe.

Jets, Jags, Chargers? too young/unproven

Bengals, Broncos, Browns, WR is not really a need.

the only team I keep coming back to is the 49ers, maybe the Ravens. everyone else is too broke without restructures.

8 hours ago, Zzzzz said:

Sorta curious how it plays out with his new team when Julio tells the head coach he only practices one day and plays one day a week. The other 5 days he's off.

It's gonna play out the same way it plays out when cocky employees walk up in their jobs every day telling their boss what they AIN'T gone do.

5 minutes ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

It's gonna play out the same way it plays out when cocky employees walk up in their jobs every day telling their boss what they AIN'T gone do.

"Ain't gon' draw no paycheck" is what usually happens.  Julio knows his big payday happened with us.  He wants to go somewhere else to end his career where he can easily transition into something else post football.

I don't understand why people think we are going to get young talent for Julio given his age and injury history?  Chances of him taking another over the top are pretty slim when he didn't do it here (with a future HOFer) during his prime.  

Factors:  His age, his injury history, teams know he wants out so Atlanta lost some leverage.  Best scenario at this point might be a 2nd and possibly a 4th. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

They probably want picks, but the Broncos have a lot of young talent that would be nice here (Surtain, Jeudy, Javonte Williams).

I don't see anybody making a trade for Julio unless they feel that he could put them over the top to win a Super Bowl, tbh. 

Unless Denver thinks they can win with Bridgewater or Lock or they make a move for Aaron Rodgers, I don't see them trading for Julio with the young talent they already have. 

Unless you're the Raiders. They're dumb enough. Josh Jacobs-Julio type of trade, IMO. 

Edited by BDS

JC Jackson and a 2nd or I like the offer presented above of Chase/Jackson/3rd for Julio/5th.

I'd actually prefer a package with a young defensive player or two and a later pick rather than just a 1st. I still think this team can compete this year with or without Julio.

SB contender? Nah. But it can be a team that wins 10 games. We saw how we played games down the stretch last year when Julio was out and that was without AS/Peas. The difference in PPG when Julio played and didn't play was literally just 0.3 points lower per game. We lost some games we should have won when Julio was playing (Cowboys, Lions) and even more when not playing (Bears, 1st Bucs game, Chiefs, Chargers). That's the 2 SB teams and we were right there with them without Julio and horrific coaching/playcalling.

Again, SB contender? Nah. But get something that can help this team win in 2021 not just a future pick. AS and Fontent sold the 'we are trying to win now' all offseason, Don't change now.

2 minutes ago, BDS said:

I don't see anybody making a trade for Julio unless they feel that he could put them over the top to win a Super Bowl, tbh. 

Unless Denver thinks they can win with Bridgewater or Lock or they make a move for Aaron Rodgers, I don't see them trading for Julio with the young talent they already have. 

Unless you're the Raiders. They're dumb enough. Josh Jacobs-Julio type of trade, IMO. 

You're probably right but it is Elway - of course he thinks they can win it all. The alternative is Julio is a condition of Rodgers going there, kinda like Kahwi Leonard and Paul George.

The only way we get a youngster for Julio is if the team is deep and we are getting bench players.  I don't see us swinging that way.  I think the package, at best is as I stated earlier, a second with potentially another pick like a fourth.

Teams didn't want to give up a 1st before the news broke, now there's leverage in knowing he wants out. Would be a foolish GM to give up a young player with potential for an older receiver that's had a history of nagging injuries.

The best play I think we could get is from the Packers, Rodgers is unhappy and seemingly wants out. Davante Adams said if Rodgers were to leave, he'd too have to reconsider his future plans, give Rodgers Julio and he's probably a happy man, which also ensues they keep Davante around. On top of that Packers GM has been terrible in the draft, so it's possible you get an overpay out of him. Would be the smartest play for any team I can think of unless the Rodgers situation is unrepairable. 

12 hours ago, Spongebob said:

I don't think we are gonna get a first unless we give a 3rd or, fingers crossed, a 4th in return. I also don't think we will get a promising young prospect plus a second. Maybe a young player who has underperformed and a second 🤷

The unfortunate thing is we may be trading him when his value is at his lowest and IF (and a big if) healthy I can still see him producing around a 8 TD season with 1500+ yards.

The leverage for the falcons is gone now thats its public. Teams know he wants out and those teams aren't going to offer the farm. One way or another julio is gone and to get out of the cap situation the falcons can't play hard ball for too long either. 

So I agree with you.

36 minutes ago, Outmyfalconmind said:

The leverage for the falcons is gone now thats its public. Teams know he wants out and those teams aren't going to offer the farm. One way or another julio is gone and to get out of the cap situation the falcons can't play hard ball for too long either. 

So I agree with you.

It depends on the market. If 4+ teams really want Julio you pit them against each other and the highest offer wins.

I would say Julio and our 5th to the Patriots for N'Keal Harry their 2nd/6th 

We get a young high upside project reciever with a small cap hit for two years and a couple picks.  Given he went to the media we have way less negotiating advantage now so this is likely the best offer we can get.  Still gives us enough cap to sign our class and have 5-6 mil left over