Would you prefer a 2nd or a young player with potential of we cant get a 1st for Julio?

I don't think we are gonna get a first unless we give a 3rd or, fingers crossed, a 4th in return. I also don't think we will get a promising young prospect plus a second. Maybe a young player who has underperformed and a second 🤷

The unfortunate thing is we may be trading him when his value is at his lowest and IF (and a big if) healthy I can still see him producing around a 8 TD season with 1500+ yards.

7 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Saw the idea of Laviska Shenault and a 2nd on IG. There are a lot of young players that could be had in a trade. What do you guys think? Any young names specifically?

I might be biased , I would do that. Lol I actually really like Laviska Shenault! I might want a little more. But I would think about it. I would really want Za'Darius Smith and a few picks.

Posted (edited)

My ideal scenario would be to get a young defensive player still on their rookie deal.

I wouldn’t be mad at this trade though.

Edited by Snafu

49 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Saw the idea of Laviska Shenault and a 2nd on IG. There are a lot of young players that could be had in a trade. What do you guys think? Any young names specifically?

I like that but would rather a up & comin or established defensive player

Just now, thanat0s said:

I don’t think there’s a snowball’s chance we get a 1 from anybody for him at his age. Getting a player does us no good cap-wise.

So, I think they try to get what they project would be the highest 2 possible. Or they keep him.

A young defensive player with potential on their first contract won't cost as much as Julio's. 

Posted (edited)

I keep seeing the Ravens as a major player.

They would have to give me either Edwards and a pick or Dobbins. I’m still not sold on us having a true lead back.

Edited by Snafu

1 minute ago, k-train said:

Any team willing to give us the following can have him:

- 2022 2nd

- Split the dead money with us

- 2023 4th rounder (which becomes a 3rd if he exceeds 1200 yards or 10TDs in 2022)

Are teams even allowed to take on Dead money for us?

1 minute ago, k-train said:

Any team willing to give us the following can have him:

- 2022 2nd

- Split the dead money with us

- 2023 4th rounder (which becomes a 3rd if he exceeds 1200 yards or 10TDs in 2022)

This is not a bad thought... But I'd like to get what ever would add up to a 1st round pick.. For example,, If we got a 2nd and a 3rd would be nice also.. Maybe even better than a first rounder.. for the cost it takes to pay 1st round talent. But the very least a 2nd and a 4th or 5th.  WE could turn those picks into a great team being that we had one of the best Drafts we have ever had.. I'm honest.. I don't know of another draft that was better than this year when you think of the players we got for the picks.. IMO the best draft I've ever seen... We'll see in time.. It was amazing.

I think I'd rather the draft pick(s). No teams gonna give up a potential future star for Julio, IMO. We could possibly find one in a future draft though if we played it correctly. 

The draft picks could totally bust, but we're not getting anything special in a player-for-player trade with Julio, IMO. 

Running back is still a position of need, usually isn't too expensive, and is often more expendable since most teams aren't relying on a workhorse like Henry, so I wouldn't mind something like a 2nd and a solid young RB. 

NE Gets:

WR Julio Jones

2023 5th rounder

ATL Gets:

EDGE Chase Winovich

CB JC Jackson

2022 3rd rounder

Both acquired players on defense. More pieces for Pees to work with. Winovich has shown promise but has fallen on the depth chart (and is even rumored to be in Bill's dog house). Easily EDGE 2 if not 1 here. JC Jackson's ball skills speak for themselves. The plan: go for a top 12 offense and a top 16 defense in 2021. Set up a better culture for the next year.

4 minutes ago, TXAintsHater said:

NE Gets:

WR Julio Jones

2023 5th rounder

ATL Gets:

EDGE Chase Winovich

CB JC Jackson

2022 3rd rounder

Both acquired players on defense. More pieces for Pees to work with. Winovich has shown promise but has fallen on the depth chart (and is even rumored to be in Bill's dog house). Easily EDGE 2 if not 1 here. JC Jackson's ball skills speak for themselves. The plan: go for a top 12 offense and a top 16 defense in 2021. Set up a better culture for the next year.

I would do it. Might switch Chase with Uche tho. Word is Chase has a bad attitude and it has been causing issues.

1 hour ago, bigjmw84 said:

I would do it. Might switch Chase with Uche tho. Word is Chase has a bad attitude and it has been causing issues.

Supposedly, I heard it was because Chase was flagged for a late hit on Jimmy G in the Niners game. Makes sense, because the next week, against Buffalo, he got a grand total of four snaps. He eventually returned to his normal snap counts.

Did not think about including Uche because I've gotten the signal that Bill sees him as a key piece. Has the inside/outside flexibility and overall versatility of Hightower and Van Noy (two Belichick mainstays). Can't see him letting him go, at least that's the signal I've gotten from articles I've read. I do prefer Winovich's size (2" taller) a bit too, plus he has  more production (started out 2019 very hot IIRC). Basically I can't see Uche on the move after just one year, as well.