AS better pull rabbit out of the hat without Julio.

Julio played meaningful snaps (>35%) in 7 games last year: 

7 Games with Julio: 

Falcons Passing TD: 15

Interceptions :3

Calvin Ridley TD: 6

W-L record: 3-4

Rushing TD: 6

Let's look at the other 9 games with out Julio. 

Passing TD: 12

Interceptions:8

Calvin Ridley TD: 3

W-L: 1-8

Rushing TD: 7

With out Julio, this offense and team was a dumpster fire. Calvin Ridley scored 6 TD in seven games with Julio getting all the attention. Ridley had a measly 3 TD in Nine games with out Julio.  

I am not going to blame AS and TF for Julio requesting a trade, but they better have good plan in place to score with out Julio in the line up. Can Ridley step up and be the guy and score more than 3 TD with out Julio in Line up. Scheme can help but its not easy to replace Julio in this offense. 

If Julio feels his production is better served elsewhere then so be it. We knew how important he was to the offense but it’s not like the offense is worthless without him. We will have to adjust IF he’s shipped. Falcons may apologize and fix everything with him but worse come to worse if he’s ready to move on them let him move on.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Julio played meaningful snaps (>35%) in 7 games last year: 

7 Games with Julio: 

Falcons Passing TD: 15

Interceptions :3

Calvin Ridley TD: 6

W-L record: 3-4

Rushing TD: 6

Let's look at the other 9 games with out Julio. 

Passing TD: 12

Interceptions:8

Calvin Ridley TD: 3

W-L: 1-8

Rushing TD: 7

With out Julio, this offense and team was a dumpster fire. Calvin Ridley scored 6 TD in seven games with Julio getting all the attention. Ridley had a measly 3 TD in Nine games with out Julio.  

I am not going to blame AS and TF for Julio requesting a trade, but they better have good plan in place to score with out Julio in the line up. Can Ridley step up and be the guy and score more than 3 TD with out Julio in Line up. Scheme can help but its not easy to replace Julio in this offense. 

It does put a little more focus on the Pitts selection.

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Wait so Julio could never score TDs his whole career but now Ridley HAS to score TDs?

He did his best Julio impersonation with him gone. Lots of yards, Barely any TDs.

Ridley scored more TD with Julio on other side taking multiple defenders. Ridley was pedestrian in end zone with out Julio.

First time head coach on a salary cap strapped team with no defense.  This was a rebuild on the down low, because the Falcons didn't want to lose anymore PSL revenue.  Anybody who really knows this team and it's roster is not falling for that Rise Up B.S.  

Julio was the best player on the team, you don't part ways with him if you are trying to win chips now. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

Ridley scored more TD with Julio on other side taking multiple defenders. Ridley was pedestrian in end zone with out Julio.

I think you missed my point.

Julio has been pedestrian at scoring his whole career. Why the double standard? Ridley put up a ton of yards without Julio which is the exact same thing Julio does.

Just now, insight said:

First time head coach on a salary cap strapped team with no defense.  This was a rebuild on the down low, because the Falcons didn't want to lose anymore PSL revenue.  Anybody who really knows this team and it's roster is not falling for that Rise Up B.S.  

Julio was the best player on the team, you don't part ways with him if you are trying to win chips now. 

It obviously was Julio trade request, not some cap move. 

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

I think you missed my point.

Julio has been pedestrian at scoring his whole career. Why the double standard? Ridley put up a ton of yards without Julio which is the exact same thing Julio does.

Julio had multiple defenders through out his career. This has been said over the years by Ryan, KS, other OC and HC. Julio is selfless and helps others score. 

Your point is as if Julio was a bum for not scoring in Single Coverage. 

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I am so confused...

I thought Ridley proved he could be a #1 WR last season? I thought he was elite?

Well I guess we'll find out how good he and Pitts really are.

Ridley is not beating double and triple coverage like Julio. Pitts maybe able to become that type of player but he is a rookie.  

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

If Julio wanted to get out that bad it makes things worse...

We don't know how bad, what we know is he requested the trade and Falcons agreed to listen. Let this play out and see where it ends. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Julio had multiple defenders through out his career. This has been said over the years by Ryan, KS, other OC and HC. Julio is selfless and helps others score. 

Your point is as if Julio was a bum for not scoring in Single Coverage. 

Never once said Julio is bum come on now lmao.

I said Julio has never scored much. That's fact. So why do you suddenly expect Ridley to do something Julio could not? Ridley is going to get that same level of coverage when the #2 WR is Russell Gage lol.

It obviously was Julio trade request, not some cap move. 

There is no obviously, we simply don't know what caused the relationship to deteriorate.   TF and AS are so sloppy these rumors never got to this point in previous years.  If they were going to trade him, they should have done it on draft day. The Falcons are a Joke like Jacksonville and the Jets. 

We don't know how bad, what we know is he requested the trade and Falcons agreed to listen. Let this play out and see where it ends. 

I think we have all watched enough NFL football and the Falcons long enough to know where this will end...

For Julio to come out and say that like he did.... that's a HUGE deal.

Let's be honest... 5 hours ago no one would have ever believed Julio would say something like that...ever.

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Never once said Julio is bum come on now lmao.

I said Julio has never scored much. That's fact. So why do you suddenly expect Ridley to do something Julio could not? Ridley is going to get that same level of coverage when the #2 WR is Russell Gage lol.

Ridley isn't getting coverage any close to Julio. You are assuming Ridley got same coverage as Julio. Its not just WR2, but the tight ends, full backs and running game which opened up with Julio. Just one of many examples, In NFCG first drive of the game, Julio took 3 Defenders with him opening up green for FB Demarco, a 30-40 yard gain with no defender around. 

Stuff like this doesn't show up on stats sheet for Julio but he opens up ton of plays. No team is going to send 3 defenders to cover Ridley. 

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I think we have all watched enough NFL football and the Falcons long enough to know where this will end...

Let's be honest... 5 hours ago no one would have ever believed Julio would say something like that...ever.

Let him say outside a show where they randomly call people. Did Julio know he was on the live tv? There are many questions than answers. Let Falcons and Julio come out and give context. 

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Not liking how the new regime handles things. Julio is not about drama,  100% team guy his entire career.