JJ says "I'm am Outta there" on Undisputed!

1 minute ago, Bobby.Digital said:

If he does ultimately gets traded its just an idiotic move. You have zero chance to win this year without him and now you're wasting a year of your 36 year old QBs career. 

Man, we are entering a rebuild.. Its over.. Watch the games if you're a fan, but the next few years are going to be a rebuild 

Just now, Bobby.Digital said:

If he does ultimately gets traded its just an idiotic move. You have zero chance to win this year without him and now you're wasting a year of your 36 year old QBs career. 

It tips their hand on what their long term plans are.

As you said.... 36 year old QB... and how long do we think it will take AS and TF to get the rest  of the roster to what AS wants? 2 years if we're optimistic?

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oh that's very interesting....

There are going to be a lot of hurt feelings today....

This actually makes more sense. I wouldn't have blamed Ryan or Julio if they wanted to go win somewhere. May be Julio didn't believe in the new regime. 

I remember reading something a few weeks ago. It might've been an edition of Peter King's MMQB, can't exactly remember.

It said that Arthur Smith and the new coaching staff took notice of how Julio didn't practice much, spent some time on the sidelines and plays off, and his injury history when doing player evaluations.

That may have not set well with them as they are trying to bring in a new culture.

1 minute ago, Bobby.Digital said:

That's a pretty extreme take, and completely discounts all of the other weapons we have, and AS' ability as a playcaller

I love Julio, but he's not so good that all that is true

What a way to end an era. One of the (if not THE) greatest Falcons of all time, and this is going to be the talking point on his Falcon career for a long time I feel like.

Also, it's been said a thousand times, but HUGE jerk move by Shannon to put him on air and have him speak freely with no notification of him speaking to millions of people. Again, I just hate to see it end like this. 

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Kyle Pitts role just got even bigger in year 1.

I've been saying this but if Ridley and Pitts are as good as people say then it makes Julio more expendable than he's ever been to the Falcons.

Unless Julio goes to Tampa Bay or Kansas City the Falcons have just as much chance as any other team to win a super bowl the next 3 years. The Falcons brought in a new coaching staff and a defensive coordinator that's win multiple super bowls. Our offense is one of the most dangerous on paper with Julio and Arthur Smith calling the plays. I don't understand what Julio was talking about.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I remember reading something a few weeks ago. It might've been an edition of Peter King's MMQB, can't exactly remember.

It said that Arthur Smith and the new coaching staff took notice of how Julio didn't practice much, spent some time on the sidelines and plays off, and his injury history when doing player evaluations.

That may have not set well with them as they are trying to bring in a new culture.

Sounds like how Shanahan clashed with Roddy

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

This actually makes more sense. I wouldn't have blamed Ryan or Julio if they wanted to go win somewhere. May be Julio didn't believe in the new regime. 

In the next few days once people get past the shock of Julio announcing he's out of there it's the "I want to win" part that's going to become the bigger story in Atlanta.

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's nothing compared to some other teams. It comes with bad contracts. The Cardinals were paying for 3 seperate quarterbacks at one point. Palmer, Rosen and Bradford I believe

We're actually middle of the road when it comes to dead money

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's nothing compared to some other teams. It comes with bad contracts. The Cardinals were paying for 3 seperate quarterbacks at one point. Palmer, Rosen and Bradford I believe

That is the thing that kind of irritates me when people bring up the cap and everything else.... People act like the Falcons are the only team in the NFL that has to cut people or restructure contracts or anything of the like.

Right now there's only like four or five teams in the league who actually have enough cap space to sign their rookie class everybody else is going to have to make moves just like the Falcons to even sign their draft class.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

And this is the start of the turn...

We will go from "I love Julio and we can't win without him" to "he was injured all the time and we'll be fine without him."

1 minute ago, Monoxide said:

What a way to end an era. One of the (if not THE) greatest Falcons of all time, and this is going to be the talking point on his Falcon career for a long time I feel like.

Also, it's been said a thousand times, but HUGE jerk move by Shannon to put him on air and have him speak freely with no notification of him speaking to millions of people. Again, I just hate to see it end like this. 

Julio called into the show, it was 100% a planned segment 

Just now, falcons007 said:

He never said he is out of Atlanta specifically, he could have meant that he is out of Dallas and leave the rest towards the imagination. Julio is smart and he is not going to show his cards- this puts pressure on the Falcons to say something publicly- either the trade is going to happen or he is going to be a Falcon. 

Media loves drama and they got it... Julio could be playing with the media as well.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

That's a pretty extreme take, and completely discounts all of the other weapons we have, and AS' ability as a playcaller

I love Julio, but he's not so good that all that is true

There's a zero % chance we win a Superbowl this year without Julio. The defense is bottom 10 in the league. You needed this offense to be ELITE to have a chance, without Julio that isn't happening. 

When every one on these boards were talking about AS and TF riding the players hard like college kids. It was obvious in background these guys have to win the locker room. I think they did a good job listening to Ryan but may be Julio didnt buy the new regime. Its possible he checked out with all the possible QB talk and other factors.