JJ says "I'm am Outta there" on Undisputed!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Who knows. Just because June 1 arrives, doesn't mean a trade happens on that day, just that the way that a trade would work changes at that point

The longer it draws out the less we get back because it's just more headache for a new regime and that is the last thing they want to deal with in their 1st season.

Best thing to do is line something up ASAP and make it clear to any teams interested, highest bidder will be processed through on 6/1.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I’m like you when it comes to waiting until the ink Is dry but if that was Julio on the other end of the call he sounded pretty serious that he was gone. 

Just wonder why he would be that open if it really was him. That part seemed a little odd and unusual.

My thing is that he was laughing and sounded like he was joking the whole time. Now maybe that was just his personality, but it didn't come off to me as some kind of bold serious declaration of his future

Here comes another I'm in denial reply lol

Just now, KRUNKuno said:

Gonna say this much, there wasn’t much context behind what Julio said.  First, I don’t believe he knew he was on live TV.  Even the host of the show was asking if he knew he was live, and Shannon only told Julio they were live at the end of the convo.

I’m outta there could’ve meant that he’s outta Dallas.  He went on to say that him in a Cowboys hoodie doesn’t mean anything and that isn’t his way of doing things.  He pretty much gut punched Dallas for the most part.  Also him saying that “ideally he wants to win” is not the same as saying he wants to go to a winner, and therefore not really committing to leaving Atlanta.

This is not to say that Julio will be traded, but let’s be real, we all know the type of person Julio is.  For him to go on live TV and blurt out that he’s outta Atlanta is contra to what he’s portrayed his entire football career. 

He knows it's a done deal and it's only a matter of time.

I'm sure by tomorrow people will have had time to let this sink in and get past the emotions.

The "I want to win part." That's a bigger deal than most people realize... ESPECIALLY in the context of the Falcons.

29 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Oh it may happen, but you're a fool if you took him seriously there

Tone is a thing

Honestly, I must be a fool.  He sounded serious, but then again, I don't know the guy. 

What I think is that a deal is already in place and waiting for June 1st to execute.  We shall see soon enough.  

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Maybe. Gotta remember they wear microphones so what's heard to us may not have been heard 6 feet away over the phone. 

It is a FCC law you have to let someone be aware you're on air to do a interview.. No way Undisputed doesn't know the laws and had everything covered.. This was planned and Julio called into to the show

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

My thing is that he was laughing and sounded like he was joking the whole time. Now maybe that was just his personality, but it didn't come off to me as some kind of bold serious declaration of his future

That was my take.  Perhaps wishful thinking.

Just now, hjerry said:

If that's the case I'm sure his agent and pretty much everyone he knows have let him know otherwise at this point.

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Well Well Well GIFs | Tenor

@Vandy  @JDaveG @falcons007

tried to tell you guys it was leaked by Fontenot and Julio wasn't gonna be a happy camper.    Die has been cast and you cannot put the Julio back in the bottle.   You just cannot float your best player out in trade talks - on purpose - and think he's coming back.

AS said they didnt leak it. If they leaked, I want TF on his way out, that's a good way to piss off your top players. Locker room is toxic if you have GM playing politics with leaks. 

42 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

So now that new info has come out, it’s appropriate to say Julio is very likely being traded. 

Before was just speculation. Now I feel confident in saying he’s gone 

It was speculation, but it was never weak speculation given all the things we did know. Regime change. General hesitancy to restructure deals. No public statements affirming Julio's status. Drafting a player believed to have similar dominance as a playmaker (not buying that just yet, but I hope it's true). It's not the message I wanted to hear, but it was the message I received all along. 

Posted (edited)

After listen to the clip again and based on the things Shannon has said about this topic.  Julio and Shannon have had conversations in the past.  Shannon mentioned I don't understand why Atlanta wants to trade Julio.  He also mentioned why don't they extend him.  I believe this is indeed FO initiated. Julio is reacting to the fact the FO wants to trade him.  I believe he would love to stay in Atlanta if wanted.  I understand the FO saying 32 year old WR, trying to get something for him why he still can play at a high level.  I am a big Julio fan so this hurts to hear. You want him spend his career in Atlanta and go out with a SB win. But this could be the right move for the team.  You have seen successful franchises move off of stars a year early.  

Edited by bighurt

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

He knows it's a done deal and it's only a matter of time.

I'm sure by tomorrow people will have had time to let this sink in and get past the emotions.

The "I want to win part." That's a bigger deal than most people realize... ESPECIALLY in the context of the Falcons.

No emotions involved on my end.  If he’s gone he’s gone.  Just looking at it I. The grand scheme of thing.  Saying that he wants to win doesn’t mean he wants out of Atlanta. 

Posted (edited)

Dukes and Bell were discussing a rumor that it was Julio who requested a trade. Would make sense. He's 32 coming off of an injury ridden season, and likely wants to ring chase. Personally, I don't blame him for that if it's true. He earned it imo.

EDIT: Now I'm seeing the Rapoport Tweet  claiming Julio requested a trade months ago. 

Edited by dirtybirds233