JJ says "I'm am Outta there" on Undisputed!

Why do this when in 2019 he wanted a new contract and got it? Like really bro. The Falcons in the end hold all the cards. If he really wants a trade but we don't get a good offer. I say keep him. If he sits then take his money or something. You can't demand a new contract then when times are hard just jump ship after 2 years.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I was watching a YouTube clip where Orlovsky said New England will have one of the best lines in football. Did I miss something? Who did they add and who's coming back

They had a lot of players opt out of the 2020 season, so that's part of it, but it may be that the "Belichick is a football God and can do no wrong.." mythos gets a lot of clicks for website and eyeballs for cable shows.

54 minutes ago, Jerz said:

Youtube uploads used to destroy quality but I feel you lol

I’ve worked at Best Buy since 03 and I remember how huge of a deal that was that someone was actually broadcasting in HD.  Then they tried to pass 1080i as true HD and pissed people off lol.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Oh, okay.

I just always remembering Sharpe mentioning about how he would see Ryan at his house and Stafford was Ryan's next door neighbor.

Shannon may own a house close by.

soon after hanging up from Julio, Skip even says at the end that Julio is leaving Shannons team and Shannon responds “that aint my team, I just have a house in Atlanta”

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

15 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

That would be cool. 

Just seeing two of the biggest freaks in Alabama football this era together. 

Julio, Henry, Tua and Smitty are my favorite Alabama players 

5 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

soon after hanging up from Julio, Skip even says at the end that Julio is leaving Shannons team and Shannon responds “that aint my team, I just have a house in Atlanta”

We don’t need a Shannon sharp. We already have a HOF TE. 

10 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I remember a few years ago Sharpe tweeted that Steelers and Raiders were his favorite teams growing up.

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

He's under contract for the Falcons, if they don't trade him, he loses about a mil a game for any game he misses, he also voids the year of his contract in the sense that, if he sits out the whole year, he would still be under contract for the falcons for another 3 years. They don't HAVE to trade him, if he's here, he plays.

... but would we want him to STILL be under contract and us owing him for another 3 years instead of two? Seems like that would put us back in this same mess next off-season. 

I'm confused.  Just trade him to a lousy team and be done with it. 

3 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

... but would we want him to STILL be under contract and us owing him for another 3 years instead of two? Seems like that would put us back in this same mess next off-season. 

I don't think that's the answer. Right now we have the name brand of Julio. He might have been injured, but he's still Julio Jones and on a per game basis, one of the best producing WRs in the league. If we're going to trade a 32 yr old HOF WR then we need to get the most we can for him. He's in a lose lose situation. The only way he wins is if a team trades for him, which will only happen if he proves he can still produce at a high level. 

So either play for a team you want to leave and ball out (lose) or sit at home and waste another year but still owe 3 yrs of service (lose)....The choice is his. 

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I’ve not been one talking about how trading Julio is good for the Falcons cap. I was of the opinion that the opposite was true and the Falcons didn’t have the ability to trade him because of the cap. But I’ve been set straight on that.

My bad then family, felt like the whole board was saying it and I jumped to a wrong conclusion 

1 hour ago, Jerz said:

Nah man F bama football they just always get them thoroughbreds it ain't fair. It be hard not to watch sometimes lol

Watch it bro', just cause dem dang dawgs can't whup us, no reason to dis us.

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

Not gonna lie. If what happened to Julio in the SB happened to me, I probably would have demanded a trade immediately following the game.

When he didn’t speak out a word after it, he solidified his stand up nature in my eyes. The fact he does this means he’s been worn THIN, I can’t blame Julio at this point.

Still hope he ends his career here though 🥺

11 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

I'm just pointing out the Falcons hold all the cards. They can just wait Julio out.

7 minutes ago, falconidae said:

I'm just pointing out the Falcons hold all the cards. They can just wait Julio out.

If it goes there, they definitely hold more cards than he does. 

51 minutes ago, Rings said:

I’ve worked at Best Buy since 03 and I remember how huge of a deal that was that someone was actually broadcasting in HD.  Then they tried to pass 1080i as true HD and pissed people off lol.

**** yeah those early HD days was rough and frustrating for regular folk. I’m sure dealing with people that had limited understanding of resolution was tough. I know first thing I thought of when I caught wind was sports lol. I so badly wanted to see Matt in HD. 

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If it goes there, they definitely hold more cards than he does. 

Yep, Julio is in the same situation as Aaron Rodgers. Julio shouldn't have held out for more money a few years ago. He has to honor his contact if Falcons refuse to trade him.

Their teams could trade them out of good will, but they really don't have to do anything.

17 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

Watch it bro', just cause dem dang dawgs can't whup us, no reason to dis us.

It’s hard bro. That kind of success bama has “endured” had to be from ill gotten gains. Aint no other way!

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

Now that I think about it, the strange thing is why we didn't draft a RB if the FO knew Julio wanted out.

because you don't draft based on need

4 minutes ago, hjerry said:

because you don't draft based on need

We have the weakest RB room in the league and there were solid selections available in the third.