Jump to content

JJ says "I'm am Outta there" on Undisputed!


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Jerz said:

His age though. Julio's bama highlights not even in 720p.

I didn't and still don't care about Bama football but I only remember one Julio play from college. I think he had a cast on his hand or something and he caught a screen pass and took it like 80+ yards against LSU if I'm not mistaken. That was the only play I saw live lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

What if the Falcons decide all offers are not enough, and refuse to trade Julio ?  Do you think he would hold out or play? 

I was wondering this too. We don't know if Julio wants out because he's disgruntled, thinks he can't win here or is becoming money hungry for the guaranteed/new contract

I think why he wants to be traded will play into if he would actually hold out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Some people just carry their emotions on their shoulders about different things. It's to be expected although they won't acknowledge it. He's been a major asset to the team and proved to be worth all the picks. He did his part in the super bowl. Just unfortunate he didn't get his ring with the Birds IF he's moved. 

Yeah thats the thing that eats me up and I can't imagine he don't feel the same. He's a competitor at heart and understands that it takes a team to accomplish anything in this league. His selflessness as a teammate was truly inspiring. He ain't care about the stats he just wanted the dub.

He a business man now though and that desire to win is probably not adding up with the trajectory of the falcons but I mean I really can't say for certain. I know for a fact he wants to win though. He wants to go out on a high note as a champion can't fault him for that. Truly one of the greats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Well dang. Maybe it will be a dope offensive line lol

 

I remember seeing somewhere that Belichick has spent almost as much in this offseason on new FAs than he has most of his years combined as Pats HC.

 

Bill has been the definition of Walmart $2 bin shopping. Now he realizes that he has to shop at Best Buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

I remember seeing somewhere that Belichick has spent almost as much in this offseason on new FAs than he has most of his years combined as Pats HC.

 

Bill has been the definition of Walmart $2 bin shopping. Now he realizes that he has to shop at Best Buy.

Part of it is him owning his mistakes without acknowledging his mistakes. Wasted 2 picks on tight ends last year, this year they're replaced. 

Has no talent at wr but overpaid for Agholer instead of AJ Green. That's why I'm thinking they're considering Julio. Harry is not that dude. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I didn't and still don't care about Bama football but I only remember one Julio play from college. I think he had a cast on his hand or something and he caught a screen pass and took it like 80+ yards against LSU if I'm not mistaken. That was the only play I saw live lol

Nah man F bama football they just always get them thoroughbreds it ain't fair. It be hard not to watch sometimes lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Part of it is him owning his mistakes without acknowledging his mistakes. Wasted 2 picks on tight ends last year, this year they're replaced. 

Has no talent at wr but overpaid for Agholer instead of AJ Green. That's why I'm thinking they're considering Julio. Harry is not that dude. 

 

Still can't wrap my head around how terrible Bill has been at drafting for a pretty long time.

 

You wouldn't think he was anywhere near a 6x SB champion based on his drafting resume.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I was wondering this too. We don't know if Julio wants out because he's disgruntled, thinks he can't win here or is becoming money hungry for the guaranteed/new contract

I think why he wants to be traded will play into if he would actually hold out.

The whole ‘he wants to win’ take is unlikely, IMO. If he actually thinks that forcing a trade would make that happen, he’s nuts. 
 

If the team trades him, it’ll be for the biggest compensation, not to make sure he goes to a good team. He has no control over that. He could be shipped to a team like Jacksonville just as easily as he could to a winning team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Still can't wrap my head around how terrible Bill has been at drafting for a pretty long time.

 

You wouldn't think he was anywhere near a 6x SB champion based on his drafting resume.

I swear so many of his draft picks disappear from existence but his team is ALWAYS solid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Still can't wrap my head around how terrible Bill has been at drafting for a pretty long time.

 

You wouldn't think he was anywhere near a 6x SB champion based on his drafting resume.

The man can coach. I know some get caught up on the gate stuff. I don't care about that. I'll give him his roses

 

3 minutes ago, Jerz said:

LMFAO I had to catch them slippin lol I needed that.

🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

You take a quiet, private man and put his business on blast and that's what happens. I end friendships and stop speaking with family over stuff like that.

Bad look from all parties involved. 

JJ has to know that SS is a member of the media, no different than talking to Ledbetter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

The man can coach. I know some get caught up on the gate stuff. I don't care about that. I'll give him his roses

 

🤣

 

I've never seen an HC do more with castoffs and inherited players than his own draftees.

 

Bill needs to just trade away all his picks every year instead of stockpiling them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

 

not only are you wrong - now you are changing your story.   We debated whether the Fontenot leak was in fact a leak by Fontenot - you guys said no....you also said the Falcons weren't shopping him - clearly they were and continue to do so - at this point you would have to say 80% chance he is traded or cut.

It doesn't matter if Julio asked for trade or not - just means the Fontenot leak was approved by Julio - it was leaked by Fontenot - and - now one of the three reporters that leaked it is telling you more to it - which like I said initially - these insiders always know more than what they say - when Julio went on Shannon Sharpe - then he could say the rest that he couldn't say 5 days before the draft.

the story was leaked by Fontenot that Julio was available

Well, there definitely was plenty of smoke out there but it never made any business sense to me looking at it from falcons POV. But I never even considered the fire was being stoked from Julio’s side, did you? Now it makes mucho more sense. 
 

I hate it, because it weakens the team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Bad look from all parties involved. 

JJ has to know that SS is a member of the media, no different than talking to Ledbetter.

 

Sharpe has an extremely close relationship with Julio. Sharpe may have used it to get the breaking news this time.

 

I think Sharpe stays in Atlanta as well. I think on the same block as Ryan if I'm not mistaken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Falcon Freddie said:

Remember Warrick Dunn? I do. (And you should also, since Dunn owns a percentage of the Atlanta Falcons Football Club, Inc.)

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 2002 offseason thought after five seasons Dunn was damaged goods. So they waved bye to Warrick as he went free agent and signed with the Atlanta Falcons. Imagine the Bucs' surprise when Dunn showed them and the entire NFL that he still had plenty left in the tank. Dunn gave the Falcons six stellar seasons. In 2007, per his request, Dunn was released by the Falcons and resigned with the Bucs for the 2008 season; Dunn then retired.

Fairly much the same story will possibly be told of Julio Jones if the Falcons let him go.

Dunn was 26. Julio is 32. What a terrible comparison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Sharpe has an extremely close relationship with Julio. Sharpe may have used it to get the breaking news.

 

I think Sharpe stays in Atlanta as well. I think on the same block as Ryan if I'm not mistaken.

I think he has real estate in the city but lives in LA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Well, there definitely was plenty of smoke out there but it never made any business sense to me looking at it from falcons POV. But I never even considered the fire was being stoked from Julio’s side, did you? Now it makes mucho more sense. 
 

I hate it, because it weakens the team. 

My thoughts exactly. It’s why I’m salty towards Julio. Never thought he’d do something like this. It changes how I feel about him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think he has real estate in the city but lives in LA

 

Oh, okay.

 

I just always remembering Sharpe mentioning about how he would see Ryan at his house and Stafford was Ryan's next door neighbor.

 

Shannon may own a house close by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...