JJ says "I'm am Outta there" on Undisputed!

52 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'm starting to think Julio's body will not allow him to play another 4 seasons at a decent level, let alone 6 despite him being tough.

Owens, Rice, and Fitz were able to play very long because they didn't have nagging injuries like a hamstring later in their careers.

It's never good to compare against Jerry Rice because he's such an outlier.

Jerry Rice tore his ACL when he was 35..... and then played for 7 more years and had over 6,000 yards.

That **** is unbelievable.

But going by the all time NFL receiving leaders Julio has one really good year left in him but after that it's a crapshoot.  After 32 several all timers fell off a cliff but then you have guys like TO and Fitzgerald that kept producing.

19 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

That was during the season, when the Patriots had no weapons, and they were desperate. Julio is more than worth a 1st, but teams are playing chess now 

Ok.  We paid a 2nd rounder for Hayden Hurst.  Is Julio at 32 better than Hayden Hurst on his rookie deal?   Unless we either don’t think he would show up at all or think he will be a cancer to the locker room, I can’t see them settling for less than a 1st.  If they settle for a 2nd, it’s because of one of those two things.

11 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It's never good to compare against Jerry Rice because he's such an outlier.

Jerry Rice tore his ACL when he was 35..... and then played for 7 more years and had over 6,000 yards.

That **** is unbelievable.

But going by the all time NFL receiving leaders Julio has one really good year left in him but after that it's a crapshoot.  After 32 several all timers fell off a cliff but then you have guys like TO and Fitzgerald that kept producing.

Wasn't comparing him to Rice. My point was that he didn't have any lingering injuries. Owens and Fitz as well.

Julio has a hamstring problem. Those could cost him the ability to play long like those guys. That could eventually slow him down and cause him to decline drastically over a few seasons.

Just now, Rings said:

Ok.  We paid a 2nd rounder for Hayden Hurst.  Is Julio at 32 better than Hayden Hurst on his rookie deal?   Unless we either don’t think he would show up at all or think he will be a cancer to the locker room, I can’t see them settling for less than a 1st.  If they settle for a 2nd, it’s because of one of those two things.

The Falcons were also in desperation mode with both the GM and HC clearly on the hot seat... and technically were fired after making that trade.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Wasn't comparing him to Rice. My point was that he didn't have any lingering injuries. Owens and Fitz as well.

Julio has a hamstring problem. Those could cost him the ability to play long like those guys.

Oh yeah, durability will be a concern with Julio because of all the punishment he's taken over the years.

Julio is really only worth a 1st to a majority of falcons fans. The league consensus says otherwise. He's been delegated with the injury prone tag which is understandable but he still has a lot left and the drop off really isn't there yet. If Julio however was a TD machine then a 1st rounder would be a lot more feasible in league circles. The premium we like to put on yards just isn't shared by many.

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The Falcons were also in desperation mode with both the GM and HC clearly on the hot seat... and technically were fired after making that trade.

There are plenty of HC and GMs on the hot seat right now.  Point is, people are more and more willing to pay for known players and give up draft picks.  Look at the Rams, haven’t had a first round pick since they took Goff in 2016 and don’t have one the next two years because they have traded for known players and paid them vs taking the risk in the draft. 

49 minutes ago, JBridgez said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Julio will never be seen in a falcons uniform ever again except old highlights on youtube. He’s mentally moved on so he’ll just hold out until he gets traded like many others before have done 

Julio is 32 years old with over 15 million guaranteed this year. I promise you, he will not be holding out. If not traded or cut, he will be chest bumping Kyle Pitts many times this year with a big fat $15 million dollar smile on his face. 

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oh yeah, durability will be a concern with Julio because of all the punishment he's taken over the years.

That may be why Julio really wants to win now.

Didn't realize how much of an entrepreneur he has become. Julio has set up a great life for himself. He may be looking towards the end of a great football career.

Can't blame him if that's the case.

1 minute ago, Jerz said:

Julio is really only worth a 1st to a majority of falcons fans. The league consensus says otherwise. He's been delegated with the injury prone tag which is understandable but he still has a lot left and the drop off really isn't there yet. If Julio however was a TD machine then a 1st rounder would be a lot more feasible in league circles. The premium we like to put on yards just isn't shared by many.

So you think Sanu or Hurst were better or the same when they got traded than Julio is right now?

1 minute ago, Rings said:

So you think Sanu or Hurst were better or the same when they got traded than Julio is right now?

Yea I’m not sure why this board in particular thinks a second rounder will do it. Sanu went for a second and Hurst like you said. A first rounder for Julio is pennies honestly.

4 minutes ago, Jerz said:

He shouldn't be tagged as injury prone though. Yeah he comes up limping all the time but before last season, he hasn't missed numerous games since 2013. That's not injury prone imo

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

He shouldn't be tagged as injury prone though. Yeah he comes up limping all the time but before last season, he hasn't missed numerous games since 2013. That's not injury prone imo

Some people seem to think WRs on other teams play every game and every snap and never take a play off.  

9 minutes ago, Rings said:

No not at all but thats not how the league works. The trade market for players is volatile and open to a multitude of factors of which a lot are working against the Falcons in terms of his current value. 

The Sanu trade was notoriously a head scratcher and raised a lot of eyebrows being that Bill still ran things up there in NE. A bit of hindsight yeah, but TD took that deal and ran.

Hurst was the result of age and being surrounded by other talented TE's. His intangibles were very apparent and he was just recently drafted in the 1st. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Julio would have to prove that his hamstrings are well now.

Those tend to linger.

Julio chose the worst offseason of his career to ask for a trade because his stock is as low as it's ever been.

Just now, Rings said:

Some people seem to think WRs on other teams play every game and every snap and never take a play off.  

Yeah that's that only watch the Falcons and check out other teams highlights affect. 

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Julio would have to prove that his hamstrings are well now.

Those tend to linger.

Julio chose the worst offseason of his career to ask for a trade because his stock is as low as it's ever been.

In theory it is but to a playoff contender, his stock is solid. Just look at Odell. He didn't ask you be traded but he was coming off injury if my memory is correct. Yeah it was the Browns but still lol

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I agree. He's put in some solid play time these past few seasons but that tag is hard to shake and earlier in his career he was battling a lot of nagging injuries at key moments. Not to mention his foot which is brought up often. I still feel he's well worth the risk for other teams to take but idk what it is some guys just get a label attached to them early on and it sticks.

The Falcons do not have to trade him

...they respect him so they are listening for offers but they are not going to give him away.

And infact ,I think Julio...like most players of his stature would be insulted if the falcons traded him for a sub standard comp package.

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

yea but it's obvious he's been hurt, regardless if he's played through it or not.  Then last year happened.  If I'm another team I'd be wondering if the wheels have finally fallen off.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

In theory it is but to a playoff contender, his stock is solid. Just look at Odell. He didn't ask you be traded but he was coming off injury if my memory is correct. Yeah it was the Browns but still lol

I think Browns did better without Odell last season lol.

He's one of the top WRs when he's focused, not in his feeling, or not a massive distraction.

Just now, Jerz said:

I agree. He's put in some solid play time these past few seasons but that tag is hard to shake and earlier in his career he was battling a lot of nagging injuries at key moments. Not to mention his foot which is brought up often. I still feel he's well worth the risk for other teams to take but idk what it is some guys just get a label attached to them early on and it sticks.

But that's the thing. Even with the bothersome things, he's only had one season in which he was forced to miss time outside of last season. Imo, injury prone is missing multiple games yearly. 

Outside fans wouldn't even know anything about those annoying mosquitoes but since we get to witness it weekly, we drop that injury prone label on him.