JJ says "I'm am Outta there" on Undisputed!

iDash

11 minutes ago, Dunn-Vick-Duckett said:

Difference is, Roddy wanted to stay here and was treated like a piece of garbage.

The other thing was Roddy didn't want to practice or really learn the minutiae of Shanny's playbook. 

It looks like the new requirements of Smith are too much to handle post Quinn/Koetter coddle train. Guys had a hard time after Koetters last go around.

Just now, falcons007 said:

Julio isn't likely to play 6 seasons in the NFL. WR have much shorter shelf life than QBs.

I'm starting to think Julio's body will not allow him to play another 4 seasons at a decent level, let alone 6 despite him being tough.

Owens, Rice, and Fitz were able to play very long because they didn't have nagging injuries like a hamstring later in their careers.

1 hour ago, Hard Case said:

Looks like another MR hater.  MR was not the problem for Julio, it was more on Kutter's lack of skill in designing innovative plays, and MR trying to find Julio while lying on his back. With a new HC, OC, and improved Pas Rush and O Line, MR will be back to his All Pro form.  Check my app for delivery of your Crow.

May be an image of football and text that says '55,000 YARDS -AND- 300 OUCHDOWNS SIGNED'

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

The other thing was Roddy didn't want to practice or really learn the minutiae of Shanny's playbook. 

It looks like the new requirements of Smith are too much to handle post Quinn/Koetter coddle train. Guys had a hard time after Koetters last go around.

There is truth to this. I don’t know how Koetter differs from Shanny and Smith, other than they are competent; but you are right. After the last DK experiment and Smitty firing we had similar issues. Although, Julio is a different magnitude of player than Roddy was at that point in his career. 

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'm starting to think Julio's body will not allow him to play another 4 seasons at a decent level, let alone 6 despite him being tough.

Owens, Rice, and Fitz were able to play very long because they didn't have nagging injuries like a hamstring later in their careers.

Yeah 4 may be about right. But Julio is one tough dude. He was putting up 250 yard games with swollen toe, and after barely able to run during the week.

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

You know this could be factoring into Julio’s desire to move on. He knows his body, and has been battered and battling lingering lower extremity injuries. He could feel the end is near and just wants a ring. Matt is in a completely different boat. He’s been relatively injury free and doesn’t seem to have approached the inevitable decline phase. And QBs are playing much longer as a whole, partly because of the position and the protection afforded, but also because of much better conditioning and nutrition. 

A big bodied tough WR like Julio has taken some immense hits and put a lot of miles on those glorious legs.

I still hate losing him. One of my favorite all time Falcons.

24 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

So this comment by Julio would worsen his trade value perhaps? Teams know the Falcons are now in a bind to move him and may have to take a lesser offer. Can't say I'm happy about all this. I have always liked Julio but if he doesn't want to be here anymore, then it's best to let him go. 

Thing is, Falcons don't have to trade him if they don't get value. They can keep him.

Julio is a pro's pro, if he's here this year, I'm thinking he'll play as hard as he ever has. 

5 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Thing is, Falcons don't have to trade him if they don't get value. They can keep him.

Julio is a pro's pro, if he's here this year, I'm thinking he'll play as hard as he ever has. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Julio will never be seen in a falcons uniform ever again except old highlights on youtube. He’s mentally moved on so he’ll just hold out until he gets traded like many others before have done 

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

But part of that was the way KS went about his relationship with guys like Roddy, Julio, Ryan etc.

Ryan and KS had to have a "clear the air" meeting after the season mostly because of how KS approached things.

Remember that Tice reportedly called KS a punk and wanted out of of contract and that is why we needed to hire a new Oline coach.

It has nothing to do with "coddling".. especially under Smitty who cut Ray Edwards after he showed his *** like 3 or 4. games into the 2012 season and Smitty making guys stand up infront of the team to explain why they plucked up plays.....that happened with DK here the first time too.

Maybe with Quinn but it certainly was not the case under Smitty.

Like I said earlier, I don't get that KS fine from AS but maybe he and TF  did say something to Julio that rubbed him the wrong way or they presented a path that Julio did not think would be the way forward.

10 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

But part of that was the way KS went about his relationship with guys like Roddy, Julio, Ryan etc.

Ryan and KS had to have a "clear the air" meeting after the season mostly because of how KS approached things.

Remember that Tice reportedly called KS a punk and wanted out of of contract and that is why we needed to hire a new Oline coach.

It has nothing to do with "coddling".. especially under Smitty who cut Ray Edwards after he showed his *** like 3 or 4. games into the 2012 season and Smitty making guys stand up infront of the team to explain why they plucked up plays.....that happened with DK here the first time too.

Maybe with Quinn but it certainly was not the case under Smitty.

Like I said earlier, I don't get that KS fine from AS but maybe he and TF  did say something to Julio that rubbed him the wrong way or they presented a path that Julio did not think would be the way forward.

Shanny for sure thought he could come to Atlanta and tell a bunch of vets what's what. They didn't care for it.  

Smitty did let guys like Roddy and Gonzo and Abe take practices off. 

It's probably pretty nice to have that vet thing that Quinn had. But those days are surely over.

38 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Before or after Julio's conversation with Shannon...:lol:

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Shanny for sure thought he could come to Atlanta and tell a bunch of vets what's what. They didn't care for it.  

Smitty did let guys like Roddy and Gonzo and Abe take practices off. 

It's probably pretty nice to have that vet thing that Quinn had. But those days are surely over.

And a group of vets who have had far more success than he had had recently.

Those guys were just a couple years removed from the NFC championship he was a wash out when his qb could no longer outrun everyone.

Any smart coach let's vets take days off in practice.

It is not like they are not in the building and are at chili's sipping margaritas while everyone else is busting their ***.

They were on the field still working....they were just not doing the drills.

Roddy, Tony, Abe .... Julio and Mack the last couple years would be more defacto coaches.

So if AS wants to stop that practice ( no indication that he does) then he is going to face a similar issue with the vets.

2 hours ago, Rings said:

Highly disagree.  Everyone would have said there is zero chance Leatherwood went 17 overall in the draft.  There is always a chance.  

We.

Got.

A.

Second.

For.

Sanu.

That was during the season, when the Patriots had no weapons, and they were desperate. Julio is more than worth a 1st, but teams are playing chess now 

52 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

It's never good to compare against Jerry Rice because he's such an outlier.

Jerry Rice tore his ACL when he was 35..... and then played for 7 more years and had over 6,000 yards.

That **** is unbelievable.

But going by the all time NFL receiving leaders Julio has one really good year left in him but after that it's a crapshoot.  After 32 several all timers fell off a cliff but then you have guys like TO and Fitzgerald that kept producing.

19 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

That was during the season, when the Patriots had no weapons, and they were desperate. Julio is more than worth a 1st, but teams are playing chess now 

Ok.  We paid a 2nd rounder for Hayden Hurst.  Is Julio at 32 better than Hayden Hurst on his rookie deal?   Unless we either don’t think he would show up at all or think he will be a cancer to the locker room, I can’t see them settling for less than a 1st.  If they settle for a 2nd, it’s because of one of those two things.