JJ says "I'm am Outta there" on Undisputed!

3 minutes ago, hjerry said:

That tweet said the Falcons were listening to trade offers

How does that equal TF leaked to the press that the Falcons wanted to trade Julio?

Those two things are not one and the same

The message came out in unison in the same day from Rap, Breer and King - it was coordinated and done at a time that was advantageous to the Falcons.  The very next day Fontenot was answering Zach Klein where he reiterated the cap and that anything is possible.   There have been zero efforts in any other direction since March to alleviate cap room to sign rooks.

This trade posture may have been started by Julio but it has been in the works since well before the draft  - unless you believe Rappoport is lying or wrong.

Just now, g-dawg said:

The message came out in unison in the same day from Rap, Breer and King - it was coordinated and done at a time that was advantageous to the Falcons.  The very next day Fontenot was answering Zach Klein where he reiterated the cap and that anything is possible.   There have been zero efforts in any other direction since March to alleviate cap room to sign rooks.

This trade posture may have been started by Julio but it has been in the works since well before the draft  - unless you believe Rappoport is lying or wrong.

Rappaport never said the Falcons leaked anything. If you want to believe that TF leaked this, that's fine, but stop acting like a tweet that says nothing of the sort proves that he did

Just now, hjerry said:

Rappaport never said the Falcons leaked anything. If you want to believe that TF leaked this, that's fine, but stop acting like a tweet that says nothing of the sort proves that he did

LOL - inside reporters never say who leaked things ;)    that is how they get to be inside.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

I mean, the only person we know leaked anything is *checks notes* Julio Jones. 

A question for anyone. If it comes to it, what you would do in TF's shoes assuming no full value trade offers come in before TC? 

1. Take the best trade offer you get prior to TC no matter how weak. 
  2. Make other roster moves to get under the cap, then play wait and see with Julio. (Stand pat, let him sit out and see if injuries or other situations increase his trade value prior to the NFL trade deadline.)
  3. Extend the olive branch and try anything you can reasonably do to get him on the field if no realistic offers emerge pre-camp (Promise to consider all trade offers through the NFL trade deadline, let his agent know the team is willing to eat a portion of his 2021 post trade salary, discuss contract options to make him more tradeable, etc.)
  4. Other (please share).

I prefer option 3, but I'd probably go with option 2 due to the injury risk associated with 3. 

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

LOL - inside reporters never say who leaked things ;)    that is how they get to be inside.

Then stop trotting around like you've been proven right. You've proven nothing

You haven't even made your argument stronger. At best you've just added more reason to be suspicious

Your arrogance is really something else

Just now, falcndave said:

A question for anyone. If it comes to it, what you would do in TF's shoes assuming no full value trade offers come in before TC? 

2. Make other roster moves to get under the cap, then play wait and see with Julio. (Stand pat, let him sit out and see if injuries or other situations increase his trade value prior to the NFL trade deadline.)
  3. Extend the olive branch and try anything you can reasonably do to get him on the field if no realistic offers emerge pre-camp (Promise to consider all trade offers through the NFL trade deadline, let his agent know the team is willing to eat a portion of his 2021 post trade salary, discuss contract options to make him more tradeable, etc.)
  4. Other (please share).

I prefer option 3, but I'd probably go with option 2 due to the trade risk associated with 3. 

None of them can be chosen without knowing what the offers actually are

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Right off hand, the Eagles had a much worse situation than us

Completely disagree. They were in an ok spot but decided to eat Wentz dead cap hit this year to free themselves up a ton of cap goin forward. Did we have the ability to eat an extra 15 million dollars in dead cap? Nope. We've had to restructure and ask for a paycut for multiple players, be extremely frugal in FA, and we still don't have enough space to sign our draft class atm. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

Just now, hjerry said:

None of them can be chosen without knowing what the offers actually are

I offered the assumption that the best current offer is below perceived fan value. For you in particular, the current offer is less than you consider fair. Under that condition is my question.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

Then stop trotting around like you've been proven right. You've proven nothing

You haven't even made your argument stronger. At best you've just added more reason to be suspicious

Your arrogance is really something else

this has been in the works

today proves it has been in the works

who does it help to get the word out prior to draft that Julio is available?

it's not arrogance - it's common sense.

1 minute ago, falcndave said:

4. Other (please share).

I prefer option 3, but I'd probably go with option 2 due to the trade risk associated with 3. 

I'd go 3, but if the relationship is severed then trade him to a bottom feeder team with bad ownership for their 1st round pick. The Bengals, Jets, Bears, Houston etc

Just now, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

I'd go 3, but if the relationship is severed then trade him to a bottom feeder team with bad ownership for their 1st round pick. The Bengals, Jets, Bears, Houston etc

lol

I love Julio, but he is always hurt. A complete waste of money. Get whatever you can and move on please. He is stealing money from our future. Nothing but respect for him and his game. A hall of famer in my eyes. Not now. Not next year. He is not worth what he is getting paid. 

Just now, g-dawg said:

You said in another thread that leaking it made it less likely the Falcons would get good compensation for him. 

Come on. 

1 minute ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

The only thing I don't get from him requesting out is he now wants out after wanting more $$?? That was what...like 2 seasons ago?? Part of the cap issues is b/c of that extension, so I don't get the sudden change of heart. He could've played those last 2 remaining seasons out, then went where ever he wanted.

I agree, it's strange. Makes you wonder if he just doesn't like the new situation of TF and AS

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

No, it's arrogance and you're just proving it more

You're one of the most arrogant posters on this board

Just now, dodge_birds_fan said:

I agree, it's strange. Makes you wonder if he just doesn't like the new situation of TF and AS

The most reasonable explanation is he doesn’t plan to play more than 2 more years and he doesn’t think he’ll be playing here in any event. So he wants a ring before he retires. Which is completely understandable.