Jump to content

Do you think that Dan Quinn will most likely be successful in Dallas as a defensive coordinator?


Recommended Posts

Or do you think he will make the same bone headed mistakes in Dallas and possibly cost Mike McCarthy his job?

I will be very interested to see how well Dallas defense plays under Dan Quinn. The Falcons have played some of the worst defense I've ever seen the last 2 years on Quinn's watch. But the cowboys drafted heavy on defense. I can't wait to see if Dallas defense has the same undisciplined and incompetent problems ours did. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Quinn lost the locker room, other then a few vets who rode with him. Players didn’t believe in his mottos anymore. I think Dallas has a lot more talent then we do on defense. He’s gonna surprise us, I don’t think Atlanta was Quinn’s last stop as a head coach. No he might Jack it up again, but Quinn is a good coach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Say what you will about DQ, but he was at least good at hyping the team up and getting them to at least put in a bit of effort. If he sees any success in Dallas, it will be on the back of enthusiasm. 

I just think that the 4-3 under has been exposed as a scheme years ago and that the most successful example of it (Legion of Boom) was ran by a bunch of future Hall of Famers and that's a big reason why they had so much success. 

So unless Quinn has some sudden revelation as far as X's and O's go, I just can't imagine them having any sort of sustained success. He's just not the genius guru he likes to make himself out as, so I'm doubting they're any good. Even with that draft.

Edited by ATLskinjob
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No. Seahawks cover 3 blueprint had been out for years. Offenses know how and where to hit. Dan isn’t a creative play caller, he is predictable  that’s why even jacoby brissett tore us apart. Yes they got a bunch of defensive players but how many hand selected defensive players did Quinn actually develop in Atlanta? Then consider their piece de resistance from the draft is a mlb who can’t cover the one job Dan needs most from him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

Say what you will about DQ, but he was at least good at hyping the team up and getting them to at least put in a bit of effort. If he sees any success in Dallas, it will be on the back of enthusiasm. 

I just think that the 4-3 under has been exposed as a scheme years ago and that the most successful example of it (Legion of Boom) was ran by a bunch of future Hall of Famers and that's a big reason why they had so much success. 

So unless Quinn has some sudden revelation as far as X's and O's go, I just can't imagine them having any sort of sustained success. He's just not the genius guru he likes to make himself out as, so I'm doubting they're any good. Even with that draft.

Exactly.  He rode off the success others built.  Even his most successful year in Atlanta was off KS.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You know the Falcons luck. LoL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 1:48 PM, AxManBigFan said:

I think Quinn lost the locker room, other then a few vets who rode with him. Players didn’t believe in his mottos anymore. I think Dallas has a lot more talent then we do on defense. He’s gonna surprise us, I don’t think Atlanta was Quinn’s last stop as a head coach. No he might Jack it up again, but Quinn is a good coach.

I think Quinn lost a lot of big leads is what I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 1:42 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Or do you think he will make the same bone headed mistakes in Dallas and possibly cost Mike McCarthy his job?

I will be very interested to see how well Dallas defense plays under Dan Quinn. The Falcons have played some of the worst defense I've ever seen the last 2 years on Quinn's watch. But the cowboys drafted heavy on defense. I can't wait to see if Dallas defense has the same undisciplined and incompetent problems ours did. 

Dallas has the most hands on owner in the league. His "football men" are puppets, or he gets rid of them. Jerry will dictate who is on the field and the overall approach. Dan is just there to take the hatchet if Jerry's calls bomb. That is my analysis. 

Am I exaggerating? Maybe. However, I'm correct that he dictates more "football" to the GM and coaching staff then any other owner in football. Last time he had an actual football man making real decisions, Dallas won a Superbowl and built a strong enough roster for Switzer to win one a couple of years later with Jones roster still mostly intact. Jerry was literally jealous that Jones got any degree of credit for the roster and results. I think JJ's ego puts a serious cap on the Cowboy's prospects. No self-respecting coach is going there as long a JJ continues to trump HCs and GMs. 

Summary: Dan will do the Monday-Saturday work. Jerry will make the decisions.

The Soapbox: I think, ultimately, position coaches have more impact on outcomes than the top guys. The HC, Coordinators, and GM walk around with their hands tied. At least the position coaches get to teach techniques.  I do think head coaches and coordinators have some influence, but it is limited to their communication skills and ability to sell Jerry's approach to the players. Dan is a decent salesman. Maybe he can get them to play hard. That makes any approach and/or personnel calls look good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we will be very successful as the DC in Dallas. I also believe McCarthy will be fired, DQ will take over as HC, and he will go back to sucking. DQ is one of those coaches that will almost always be a great coordinator and an average to bad HC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...