Grady Jarrett Goal for 2021

2 minutes ago, Cole World said:

It really feels like Grady's mindset is going to keep him from signing an extension. If he thinks this will be his best year yet, why would he extend when he can up his value even more? I dunno. Seems like the team may already know this and that's one of the reasons Julio is available. 

16 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

It really feels like Grady's mindset is going to keep him from signing an extension. If he thinks this will be his best year yet, why would he extend when he can up his value even more? I dunno. Seems like the team may already know this and that's one of the reasons Julio is available. 

Yeah that's what they were speculating on 92.9 The Game yesterday. Grady wants to hit the open market and get one more big payday...which is why we haven't seen any restructuring or extending of his contract. 

2 hours ago, The Don™ said:

Yeah that's what they were speculating on 92.9 The Game yesterday. Grady wants to hit the open market and get one more big payday...which is why we haven't seen any restructuring or extending of his contract. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to stay a Falcon but both isn't sure of the new staff yet (so why tie yourself down?) and knows the market is going to be better next year for a new contract. Gotta take care of himself first and foremost.

1 hour ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Grady has put in work. Should've been a SB MVP.

If he wants another big contract so be it.  More reasons to get it done this year...playoff run.

Yeah he's our Geno Atkins/Reggie White/Aaron Donald. We absolutely have to have him on the DL unless we magically get another generational DL (which I don't see happening). 

I’m a huge GJ fan and can’t blame him a bit for landing that next big contract. Not sure what happens with the cap if he were traded but I’m not all about about giving him that TD AB be a Falcon for life contract next year. Grady’s still young but in a couple years as most he’ll start declining. Just wondering what his trade value would be and if that’d even be an option. I know some ppl will freak out over the thought of GJ leaving. Thinking about long term and it’s getting close to TF having to make a decision on this one. Grady has the leverage.

27 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’m a huge GJ fan and can’t blame him a bit for landing that next big contract. Not sure what happens with the cap if he were traded but I’m not all about about giving him that TD AB be a Falcon for life contract next year. Grady’s still young but in a couple years as most he’ll start declining. Just wondering what his trade value would be and if that’d even be an option. I know some ppl will freak out over the thought of GJ leaving. Thinking about long term and it’s getting close to TF having to make a decision on this one. Grady has the leverage.

Love the guy as well. You just have to keep drafting well. Cant let signings handcuff the team. 

6 hours ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Yeah he's our Geno Atkins/Reggie White/Aaron Donald. We absolutely have to have him on the DL unless we magically get another generational DL (which I don't see happeni

He's has never played at their level he's good but a heck overrated on this board

18 hours ago, red falcon said:

Love the guy as well. You just have to keep drafting well. Cant let signings handcuff the team. 

A very brutal, but true statement.  You have to reload each year.  Being shackled by two or three huge contracts stops your team from competing.  

15 hours ago, boss said:

He's has never played at their level he's good but a heck overrated on this board

I meant he's the anchor of our DL and should remain there until he retires (he doesn't seem the type to chase an insane contract and act a fool like Suh). 

And he's not overrated at all lol. He's not Reggie White, but I'd definitely put him up w/ Geno Atkins.