Jump to content

Falcons have 3rd easiest schedule in the whole league


Recommended Posts

Ok this is going our way. Based on the 2020 schedule the easiest is for the eagles .430 next is the cowboys .452 makes sense since they are in the nfc least last year having to go 2 times against those previous récords. And slightly 3rd over the cowboys is the falcons schedule .454 follow by the bucs .465 denver and dolphins 5th with .471 this is per nfl source.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah teams rise and fall every year. There's been at least one worst to first team in 16 of the last 18 years. Hopefully, that's us, or we could be playing one of those.

But yeah, teams get better and worse every year. What's the hardest/easiest schedule to start, rarely ends the same.

I'm just hoping we see 2-3 studs rise out of the ashes and become ballers in our secondary, DL and OL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, run_vick_run said:

Ok this is going our way. Based on the 2020 schedule the easiest is for the eagles .430 next is the cowboys .452 makes sense since they are in the nfc least last year having to go 2 times against those previous récords. And slightly 3rd over the cowboys is the falcons schedule .454 follow by the bucs .465 denver and dolphins 5th with .471 this is per nfl source.

If they play better than the opponent and avoid a preponderance of weird bounces of the oblong ball, they will win plenty. If those things don't happen...SoS won't save them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every year the parity in this league scrambles all the numbers and makes last year’s records totally irrelevant. 

This schedule blows. Early bye. 7 home to 10 away. Zero back-to-back home games, while having 4 sets of back-to-back away games is some horrendous BS. Facing the SB champs twice. Travel to London and calling this a home game sucks.

The ONLY good thing in the entire schedule is there is only ONE cold game. Every other game is warm weather or in a dome. But that’s it.

3rd easiest schedule my ***.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every year the SOS thingy comes out on paper based upon the previous year's junk... And we've been saddled with pretty tough pickings in recent years.  

But every year teams fluctuate & in hindsight, the SOS ends up not being what it was cracked up to be.  So basically we should be excited about finally catching some relief, but it would be foolish to think it's truly going to be easy. They'll be some surprises on both ends of the spectrum.  

Ultimately my encouragement comes from having AS & his new staff to have us prepared.  We'll also gain by having some better game management, preparation & play calling.  An edge we haven't had in quite some time.  Competent coaching & smarts should get a few more wins each year I hope.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Beef said:

Every year the parity in this league scrambles all the numbers and makes last year’s records totally irrelevant. 

This schedule blows. Early bye. 7 home to 10 away. Zero back-to-back home games, while having 4 sets of back-to-back away games is some horrendous BS. Facing the SB champs twice. Travel to London and calling this a home game sucks.

The ONLY good thing in the entire schedule is there is only ONE cold game. Every other game is warm weather or in a dome. But that’s it.

3rd easiest schedule my ***.

also this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there's any constant year over year in the NFL, it's that last years records mean NOTHING. You can have an idea of who will be good or bad, but even then it's nothing more than a guess. 

With coaching changes, roster turnover, etc. there's just no way to truly know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last year the bears made the playoffs with Mitch Trubisky at QB.  This is a weird league previous years stats mean nothing.  Dallas has Dak again, we play the Jets in London.  It's all a crap shoot man.  We need to focus on cleaning up what we have struggled with pass rush, running the ball, OL, game management and not worry about how good we think everyone else may be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

If there's any constant year over year in the NFL, it's that last years records mean NOTHING. You can have an idea of who will be good or bad, but even then it's nothing more than a guess. 

With coaching changes, roster turnover, etc. there's just no way to truly know. 

Yeah, all that this means is that this would have been an easy schedule LAST season. The fact of the matter is that teams change dramatically every season, whether it's apparent or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Yeah, all that this means is that this would have been an easy schedule LAST season. The fact of the matter is that teams change dramatically every season, whether it's apparent or not.

Another way to look at it, is how many fans see the Falcons on their schedule and say 'they went 4-12, easy win'. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Means nothing on paper

It truly does not.

And any schedule we get is always used against us if we win or lose by the media and by some of our own fans. As in, "Well, we lost. We knew that was a team we couldn't beat." or "We won, but we should have beat them by more.) (therefore, we lost to some degree)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...