That didn't go the way he planned... (Failed rookie camp tryout)

I guess I'll be devil's advocate in this thread, so...if the Falcons never had any intention of trying the kid out, why should they switch gears and do so... just because he showed up?  

This is business, and the corporation that is the Falcons hasn't got the time or the latitude to just willy-nilly interrupt their processes and make a special spot for this kid just because they might feel sorry for him.    

Now get off my lawn.  Friday, July 11, 2014 - BigPineKey.com

14 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Seems like his agent when have vetted this before he actually headed out to Georgia 

I suspect his “agent” is probably just his dad/mom/brother/Fortnite playing buddy.

This kid probably didn’t even get a draft grade or have a scout ask his name or even show to a pro-day. Pretty sure real agents weren’t banging down his door.

38 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I was just going to type this but I'm glad I read your reply. Yes, what could it hurt, maybe the guy could surprise and what does it cost?  Do they have to have a contract first?

Yeah I mean what does it hurt the team to let the guy try out. Low risk high reward maybe. I hope they end up giving him a tryout just for the feel good. 

16 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

Didn't see this posted and did a search on this guy's name but didn't see a topic so posting it here.   Apologies if already posted:

"...  [Juantarius] Bryant, a defensive back from Austin Peay, was never actually contacted by the Falcons but instead by someone texting him from an Atlanta area code pretending to be defensive coordinator Dean Pees. So when Bryant arrived at the team's facility Wednesday to get ready for his chance to accomplish an NFL dream, he was instead turned away...."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31457094/ex-austin-peay-governors-db-juantarius-bryant-falls-victim-atlanta-falcons-tryout-hoax

Terrible joke to play on him (assuming this was not just a hail mary attempt on his part to get a tryout).

ima say it once ima say it again..sounds like a whole lot of sad times at bichmont high.. 

It would have been nice for this to be a redemption story of the hoax. We gave him a shot, and he ended up being Brent Grimes to say the least. Then again, Folks around here would rather see a player like that fail, and cheer Tebow on for taking someone's job.

21 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I say let the cat try out theirs gotta be atleast 1 person thats already looking garbage on the field out there at a position like TE or something they know don't have a chance XD   We can use all the help we can get in the secondary and you might slip up and find a good one :D

Wouldn't that be an amazing story. 

28 minutes ago, poutlipper said:

Quinn would have had him staying until next week for a tryout.  I like the idea of the feel good tryout, but maybe TF and AS looked at the tape and said nah, we're good?

That's how it should be. Give someone a workout because the film told you so, not for emotional reasons

11 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I was just going to type this but I'm glad I read your reply. Yes, what could it hurt, maybe the guy could surprise and what does it cost?  Do they have to have a contract first?

11 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Good to hear. Hopefully he gets a shot with someone.

11 hours ago, Cole World said:

Update

11 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Good for him

3 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

It would have been nice for this to be a redemption story of the hoax. We gave him a shot, and he ended up being Brent Grimes to say the least. Then again, Folks around here would rather see a player like that fail, and cheer Tebow on for taking someone's job.

2 hours ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

I will say it was have been a classy move if they let him try out..but apparently they are at the limit.hope good things come that kids way 

Just saw an update on this story on the 10 news here in Houston, and Atlanta is sending scouts along with several other teams to his tryouts this weekend.

On 5/16/2021 at 11:08 PM, VTCrunkler said:

Tim your 3 cone time would have blown them out of the water. 

My three cone time would initiate a nap on the clock holders and an EMS team would transport me to a rehab facility (No sweat as I have Medicare.) where I would die an agonizing death. I have a DNR on my medical records.:lol:

2 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

My three cone time would initiate a nap on the clock holders and an EMS team would transport me to a rehab facility (No sweat as I have Medicare.) where I would die an agonizing death. I have a DNR on my medical records.:lol:

You’d be “outchea”. 

my 3 cone is slower than Tom Brady