That didn't go the way he planned... (Failed rookie camp tryout)

Posted (edited)

Didn't see this posted and did a search on this guy's name but didn't see a topic so posting it here.   Apologies if already posted:

"...  [Juantarius] Bryant, a defensive back from Austin Peay, was never actually contacted by the Falcons but instead by someone texting him from an Atlanta area code pretending to be defensive coordinator Dean Pees. So when Bryant arrived at the team's facility Wednesday to get ready for his chance to accomplish an NFL dream, he was instead turned away...."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31457094/ex-austin-peay-governors-db-juantarius-bryant-falls-victim-atlanta-falcons-tryout-hoax

Terrible joke to play on him (assuming this was not just a hail mary attempt on his part to get a tryout).

Edited by Monolith2001

• Monolith2001 changed the title to That didn't go the way he planned... (Failed rookie camp tryout)
4 minutes ago, ryantlanta said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO9CZ2LlL8C/?igshid=1jzlnvlhcaef9

Juantarius Bryant thought he was heading to Georgia this weekend to try out for the Atlanta Falcons during the team's rookie minicamp. When he arrived in Flowery Branch, though, he learned he had been the victim of a hoax instead.

Give the man a chance Coach Smith and TF!!!

Start him up a GoFundMe page man lol. 

23 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

So HE (not his agent) got a text (not a call) from a coordinator (not the gm).

:shrug:

Either this guy's full of sh*t or he's dumb as f*ck.

if it's the latter I feel bad for the kid and he should fire his agent immediately. If he's making it up, c'mon man.

Bro he's probably like 20. I'm sure he has no idea how to handle situations like this.

I bet that if we as fans made some noise on Twitter they'd at least let him try.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Seems like a sob story to get a try out to me. You drove all the way to ATL for a tryout because you got a text? You didn't actually talk to anybody? Yea, ok.

For real. If someone impersonated Pees over the phone that's one thing. But even then he should've looked into it some more in today's world. I'd have turned him away as well based off clearly being very niave to put it mildly. Ain't got time to waste on players that don't have a shot regardless of a sob story 

3 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Bro he's probably like 20. I'm sure he has no idea how to handle situations like this.

I bet that if we as fans made some noise on Twitter they'd at least let him try.

Yah, that's why I said fire his agent, for not making sure he knew the process.

They couldn't let him tryout because they're at their limit.

I say let the cat try out theirs gotta be atleast 1 person thats already looking garbage on the field out there at a position like TE or something they know don't have a chance XD   We can use all the help we can get in the secondary and you might slip up and find a good one :D

1 hour ago, Macintez said:

People forget how young 20-22 years old is... 

Yeah man I tend to consider myself a pretty good critical thinker, but man was I dumb back then. So dumb I didn't even realize it. And plenty of football guys have rough upbringings.

I can't imagine having the weight of all of the physical talent of an NFL player and the potential money riding on your shoulders at that age. Gotta have some good guidance.