Could Kyle Pitts be Arthur Smith’s “Derrick Henry”?

Geeze. Pitts will be a focus of the D.

OH yea, same as JJ and Ridley and Gage and Hurst.......Oh, Wait?

Superfluous video by this guy. He wasted lots of climate change altering electricity producing that ..........stuff.

Coal, wind, tadpoles, waves in the water, owl wing dynamics? How can it be fixed?

This wasteful use of energy should be mitigated. 

But as we know they are out there.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Isn't it though. Mostly everyone has their back to the play in Man.

Depends on the formation and personnel. If two of the LBs has the fullback and RB their backs won’t be turned. If you have a TE that hardly ever gets targets and is mainly a blocking TE or a RB that never catches the ball out the backfield most of the time you will think run as a defender

26 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Hard to cover the run game in your secondary with your back to th ball instead of having the play in front of you. I got it, just defined poorly.

You don’t want your secondary stopping the run anyway. All great run defenses usually are stopping it with their front 7. Like take Bama for instance. Saban loves man defense. It’s hard to run on them because they are stout on the line of scrimmage. That’s why mobile QBs like Manziel and Watson use to give him problems because they would break containment and those receivers would be open because it’s hard to cover for 8 seconds 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

You don’t want your secondary stopping the run anyway. All great run defenses usually are stopping it with their front 7. Like take Bama for instance. Saban loves man defense. It’s hard to run on them because they are stout on the line of scrimmage. That’s why mobile QBs like Manziel and Watson use to give him problems because they would break containment and those receivers would be open because it’s hard to cover for 8 seconds 

There wont be a front 7 when you're doubling jj and cr. Then someone has to account for pitts and te/wr#3. Going to be very difficult to play man defense on this team. Most looks are going to be heavy with pass coverage thus opening up the run game..... point I'm making is that you're going to be dedicating 5-6 guys in coverage which leaves 5-6 in the box. Man is not a good look against this offense. I personally would make the falcons beat me on the ground and try to keep them from finding soft spots in the zone.

Edited by Williamb
Addition

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

lost me when he said it’s easier to run the ball against man coverage than it is in zone coverage 

it is easier to run against man than zone

edit: unless they're in cover zero and crowding the box, in which case you're passing anyways.

Edited by JohnnyFranchise

1 hour ago, Williamb said:

There wont be a front 7 when you're doubling jj and cr. Then someone has to account for pitts and te/wr#3. Going to be very difficult to play man defense on this team. Most looks are going to be heavy with pass coverage thus opening up the run game..... point I'm making is that you're going to be dedicating 5-6 guys in coverage which leaves 5-6 in the box. Man is not a good look against this offense. I personally would make the falcons beat me on the ground and try to keep them from finding soft spots in the zone.

Well let’s hope Julio isn’t traded like a lot of people think. And this offense will put up yards. That won’t be any issue. They did it with DK. Smith money will come when he is able to scheme plays to get us points in the red zone. Hopefully our run game can help Ryan and the rest of the offense do that

23 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

it is easier to run against man than zone

edit: unless they're in cover zero and crowding the box, in which case you're passing anyways.

Not really. Look at what Ravens did to the Titans in playoffs. AS and Derrick Henry had no answer nor adjustment. Ravens played 5 DL on run downs and had man to man with Marcus Peters taking Brown/Cody in man coverage. Henry couldn't get past the DL let alone DB.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Not really. Look at what Ravens did to the Titans in playoffs. AS and Derrick Henry had no answer nor adjustment. Ravens played 5 DL on run downs and had man to man with Marcus Peters taking Brown/Cody in man coverage. Henry couldn't get past the DL let alone DB.

DL has nothing to do with man or zone though. Their responsibility won’t change unless it’s a pass or run as far as the type of rush they will be using 

Just now, youngbloodz said:

DL has nothing to do with man or zone though. Their responsibility won’t change unless it’s a pass or run

Sure in a traditional sense, yes. When you have a RB like Henry, Baltimore was **** bent on not letting him beat them on the ground. They played 5 DL, 1 or 2 LB and then 4 or 5 DB, mostly Man with some Zone mixed in for covering TE and WR. My point was, DC will adjust and will attack you with non traditional looks. The DL in that game dominated the Titans OL, FB or a TE blocking for Henry. PA pass also was not that effective with WR/TE covered in man. No soft zones either for RT to exploit the soft coverages. 

I hope Pees dishes out some of those game plans to stop other offenses.