May 2021 UGA Recruiting Thread

11 hours ago, Dawggone said:

The amount of silence about this is odd lol

Tough to gauge how much to expect out of him. I agree he seems to be a quality replacement for Burns, and given Cine's style, that's not an unimportant position... But, I think that generally it's tough to get super amped for a guy that you anticipate to be a "better than decent 2nd stringer" for a season where you are pretty confident your biggest weakness is across the DB board. I'm hopeful that he surprises and is either able to get some work in at Dime/Money in addition to being the first in backup safety, but just not counting on it. As far as transfer portal goes, unless a bigger talent pops up, it feels like we really need to see the charges against Derrion Kendrick get dropped down to misdemeanor and pick him up... that would ease a lot of nerves going into the season. I think Ringo and/or Kimber can easily perform at the CB spot later in the season, but to start the year, would like to see a more tenured guy starting there.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

We should know this week about Gilbert and Kendrick. Also,  I can’t tell you how big this week is for recruiting for 22. We could literally lock up our class this week if everything goes really good

Just curious guys, which position group for 2022 do you deem most critical to hit on?

Edited by L.A.Falcon Fan

3 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

We should know this week about Gilbert and Kendrick. Also,  I can’t tell you how big this week is for recruiting for 22. We could literally lock up our class this week if everything goes really good

SoFl Dawg saying the hay is in the barn(not AU 😁👍) on Gilbert/Kendrick to Athens.

7 hours ago, L.A.Falcon Fan said:

Just curious guys, which position group for 2022 do you deem most critical to hit on?

WR/Delp(TE) imo is the most critical. Stewart and Kojo are the ones to watch here. 

DL might be 2nd on the list but I really like where we are at there. This will guaranteed be the best DL we’ve brought in 

DB will never be a problem recruiting wise under Smart but this class will great 

OL won’t be what it’s been this year but after the last 2 classes be as important 

RB just like DB will likely never be a problem