Schedule makers screwed us in this aspect...

3 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I don’t have any quips about your statements buddy because sure, people do use it as motivation to propel themselves toward better things.  And those weren’t the people I was referring to obviously.

Problem is that a large majority of people who have the mindset I was referring to are stuck in this stinking thinking most of their lives & unless they begin making a choice to surround themselves with doers, it destroys them.  Spending their lives forever angry & blaming others for how chitty their circumstances are.

I am a huge fan of the human spirit & a soft place in my heart for those who’ve overcome great obstacles/ challenges in life my brother.  Life ain’t fkg fair & it never will be. 

In my personal experience the whole be surrounded by doers thing is just words.  I've found many successes by accident and surely did not put in more of the work than those that failed.  It's all random chance.  Plenty of people put in the work over and over and get nothing while others continually fail upwards.  I have a stack of awards from scouts, college, sports, previous jobs that I keep shoved in a drawer because at least half if not more just kind of happend I was in the right place at the right time.  I didn't out work someone for them though I could feel extra proud of myself if I said I did.  I got lucky that was it.

The reality is no matter what catchy slogans say.  I can predict the better basketball player by genetics and physical attributes far more often than I can by hours of practice put in.  Their will be outliers but 98.999% of the time the 5'2 kid can practice 14 hours a day the 7 footer will still be blocking all his shots and take his spot on the high school/college team.  

The whole belief hard work always pays off or is rewarded is based in the idea that the universe keeps score.  I personally don't believe that the universe cares at all to me it is adjust a slot machine with mildly adjustable odds. You can slightly tip the scales in your favor with hard work and a good attitude but the end result is still a good bit chance.  So blaming the universe while not necessarily helpful is totally valid IMO.  I'm not gonna judge a guy who put in 12 years of work and got no results for saying this sucked because it did.  Also not gonna unilaterally praise everyone who finds success cause some of them didn't really earn it, and most of them were more lucky than good.  Again just my opinion.

11 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

The better team wins on GameDay. It's that simple. There's not a thing in this world that will make me think otherwise. 

The better team does not always win on game day. You think the Dolphins were better than eventual Super Bowl Champion Patriots when Miami won on that fluke play in 2018? Just one example. Better teams lose games every season. And there is Home Field advantage. Look at the 12th Man in Seattle. Crowd noise causing false starts on the visitors at crucial times during a game is a home field advantage. Don't think players don't feed off the crowd. The Falcons had a home field advantage in the Georgia Dome (and good home records) with Ryan because the place was full and the crowd engaged and cheering. We haven't had a advantage at all in the Benz with the seats half empty all the time. 

17 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Can y'all just accept that I don't believe in it and let it go 😂😂. It's really not this deep

Already accepted. Will continue to express my opinion as desired.

It has to do with the way the States were colonized, Georgia being one of the original 13.  Since Georgia was chartered as a colony of Great Britain, London is technically "home".  I don't make the rules, don't shoot the messenger.  

I know the revolution was successful but there's still ye olde paperwork in Windsor Palace.  Look it up.

2 sides to the HFA moment:

Full house, the home team makes a play that takes them into the red zone with the clock ticking away.  The crowd is going wild and the team lines up no huddle.  The QB holds up his hands to signal the crowd to be quiet, the roar becomes silent  and then the QB audibles a quick call to his teammates.

Same situation, but now that same QB is on the road.  He doesnt even raise his hands.

Of course, execution is the ultimate determinant of the result, but until that result is resolute, the home field does appear to provide a temporary advantage to each side as demonstrated by the player's actions on the field.  

On 5/14/2021 at 1:52 PM, ya_boi_j said:

The better team wins on GameDay. It's that simple. There's not a thing in this world that will make me think otherwise. 

Traveling cross-country definitely takes a toll vs sleeping in your own bed, so homefield does play a part, just not necessarily the whole 12th man BS.

On 5/14/2021 at 1:30 PM, ya_boi_j said:

Thats a perfect example of why I don't believe in home field advantage. If it was a real thing every team would have been going 8-8 every year. 

Home field advantage really only plays out when you’re good or the teams are evenly matched. Some teams are just hard to beat at home because of their crowd but if you’re good you usually win your home games more than not. We had a very good home game win avg in the dome. It’s been bad in Mercedes. I say because the crowd participation isn’t like it was in the dome. The dome got loud and fans stayed engaged. The Mercedes is quiet and too much other stuff going on. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Modern technology has erased much of the home field advantage of the past as today's QB's with electronic helmets have no problem anymore getting plays from the sideline even with loud opposing crowds.