Falcons vs Jets in London 10/10

11 minutes ago, falcndave said:

I can't explain how badly I would hate this if I still lived in Atlanta and was still a STH. I LOVED going to home games, even when times were blah. 

Yeah its not fair to fans at home nor the team. But the nfl has to make that money. Id rather go to mexico. At least its the same continent.  

Not really mad at a London game, pretty sure all 32 teams have played in London at least once at this point, just our turn this season. Sort of sucks to have one less home game, but it is what it is. Good teams get wins on the road regardless and given the fairweather and transplant nature of the city some of our homes games may practically be road games when you look at the jerseys in the crowd.

I read something that we’re required to play this London game because we hosted a super bowl. I found that interesting. 

Like it’s part of the SB bid that if you get it, you also have to go to London for a game. I hadn’t heard that before, but maybe I’m out of the loop. 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Is the extra game the Falcons have gonna be another home game?

If not, it sucks the Falcons will really be getting 7 home games in a 17 game schedule.

1 hour ago, falcndave said:

I can't explain how badly I would hate this if I still lived in Atlanta and was still a STH. I LOVED going to home games, even when times were blah. 

1 hour ago, dirtybirds233 said:

It is a road game. Only 7 games at MBS this year.

Yep, its already confirmed... the Falcons will have 10 away games, with only 7 home games played here.

Punishment for GA's new voting laws?   It wouldn't surprise me......