"insane" Falcons' willingness to trade Julio Jones, Ravens should pursue

2 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Very true.   Emotional issues bring about uncivilized conversation - and sometimes it seems more like Jerry Springer than a football forum.

As for Julio- I'll be sad, terribly sad if they trade him, just as I was when any players I really loved to watch retired or moved on - but I'll accept the decision and hope that it makes the team better in some way - and can help us get a championship.   I'll always remember my favorite Julio moments, and I'll cringe anytime we are going to play the team that got him.   But, I'll still be a Falcon fan - and that's really the bottom line for me.

Many forget that we boil down to a loyalty to the Red and Black.

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

Perhaps they saw something complementary in their games.  Keanu for instance might have been a real asset in the blitz.  But, money.  I'm sure Benkert would have got a look, not so much that he's a world beater, but his futures contract aka money again shot that down.  They are paying McCarron LESS than Benkert on the futures deal.  

I wanted to see Benkert get a shot. I don't know if it was his hair or what but I liked the guy. Neal was a free agent regardless so I don't know if I count him. I don't know man. 

14 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Many forget that we boil down to a loyalty to the Red and Black.

Most of us do.  

Funny, a guy here at work came in and I said - Hey  - looks like we are playing you in the opener (he's a "diehard?" Eagles fan) - and he said ....

I'm not an Eagles fan anymore - they got rid of everybody who was any good over there - and they all went to the Indianapolis Colts -including coaches, and everyone.   So now - I'm a Colts fan.

Perfect timing, huh?    I just laughed.

2 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Most of us do.  

Funny, a guy here at work came in and I said - Hey  - looks like we are playing you in the opener (he's a "diehard?" Eagles fan) - and he said ....

I'm not an Eagles fan anymore - they got rid of everybody who was any good over there - and they all went to the Indianapolis Colts -including coaches, and everyone.   So now - I'm a Colts fan.

Perfect timing, huh?    I just laughed.

Speaking of having a co worker who's a Eagles fan, I gotta remind him that we have a $50 bet on who has the better season. I think I'm going to get some gravy on that first game too

On 5/11/2021 at 8:00 AM, JDaveG said:

I just said this in another thread, but "we'll trade any player for the right compensation" is not the same as "we'd love to trade Julio Jones."

And trading Julio is only insane if you give him away and don't get significant compensation in return.

I think the FO knows his time here is numbered.  They know that about Ryan too.  They know it about others currently on the roster.  There is a very real chance that in 7 years, we only have 2-3 players left on the team who are currently on the roster today.  That's how the NFL works.  So you either let him play out his time here for free, cut him when you don't want him anymore and let him hit FA, or get something in return.  Right now, I think his value to the team is higher than middling compensation.

But if someone wants to throw some picks and maybe a player our way?  For the right price, I'll help him pack his bags.  This is business.

With pitts, Julio is expendable

2 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

FWIW Dianna Russini just said that not only were Falcons listening to calls about Julio but they were making calls themselves 

It makes sense.  He is the only "star" level tradeable commodity we have.  

4 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

I took a break a little before/after the draft. I saw how it was and still is on twitter, so I can imagine how it became here. I still only peek in here every now and then.

To be honest, outside of a very small few who were and still are stuck on Fields, it was actually peaceful here. Thankfully