Jump to content

Falcons “thrilled” to land undrafted QB Feleipe Franks


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, brewman said:

I think Mullins kept starting Franks, because Dan Mullins prefers a dual-threat QB and didn't want to give up the QB run aspect of his offense.  It could also be that Trask performs better in games than practice.  In the end, Trask proved he was the better gameday QB.

Doesn't change my point, Mullins kept starting Franks over Trask until Franks went out with injury. Mullins liked something about his game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

There were people that hated B. Grimes for years because, in his first start as an UDFA, he got roasted by a 10 year vet WR who was a foot taller than him.

Folks complain about "we don't develop talent" and when we try to, we get criticized for doing so.  Cannot win for losing.  Franks is a perfect example of developmental.  Text book definition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Doesn't change my point, Mullins kept starting Franks over Trask until Franks went out with injury. Mullins liked something about his game.

And, history has proved out that Mullins made the wrong choice. 

The minute Franks got injured, the Gators became a better team.  Mullins was enamored with Franks physical ability, and overlooked the lack of intangibles such as pocket awareness, situational awareness, and decision making that separate mediocre QBs from good ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

If they choose to keep him around long term, he's in a great situation. Reading some comments, I thought he was a bad QB. He has room and time to grow, which is key

 

 

Don't listen to certain people on here.

 

Some are bias against him because he was a Florida Gator

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Don't listen to certain people on here.

 

Some are bias against him because he was a Florida Gator

I don't care who he played for. I just never saw much from him at Florida to excite me. IMO he's just another extremely talented arm who doesn't have the mental aspect of the game. These guys are a dime a dozen. Once or twice every so often one of them will figure out the mental side of the game and become a really good player. But more times than not they never figure it out. If he makes it great, Falcons have a solid backup. If he doesn't, no big deal cause nothing's been lost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't care who he played for. I just never saw much from him at Florida to excite me. IMO he's just another extremely talented arm who doesn't have the mental aspect of the game. These guys are a dime a dozen. Once or twice every so often one of them will figure out the mental side of the game and become a really good player. But more times than not they never figure it out. If he makes it great, Falcons have a solid backup. If he doesn't, no big deal cause nothing's been lost.

 

Wasn't talking about you. There are some who just dislike players because where they played college ball.

 

I agree that he has a very flawed game and if he doesn't work out out then there's no loss for the Falcons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Wasn't talking about you. There are some who just dislike players because where they played college ball.

 

I agree that he has a very flawed game and if he doesn't work out out then there's no loss for the Falcons.

Yeah. I was just saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Wasn't talking about you. There are some who just dislike players because where they played college ball.

 

I agree that he has a very flawed game and if he doesn't work out out then there's no loss for the Falcons.

I mean the dude has a huge freaking upside and IF he can develop with this coaching staff lookout. Absolutely nothing to lose even tho he’s a long shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't care who he played for. I just never saw much from him at Florida to excite me. IMO he's just another extremely talented arm who doesn't have the mental aspect of the game. These guys are a dime a dozen. Once or twice every so often one of them will figure out the mental side of the game and become a really good player. But more times than not they never figure it out. If he makes it great, Falcons have a solid backup. If he doesn't, no big deal cause nothing's been lost.

Same.  It's like someone saying "roulette odds are are 37-1, you want a chance to win $37,000?"

"No, I don't want to spend $1,000 on a roulette spin."

"No, it's free!"

"Uh, okay (spins wheel)."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Same.  It's like someone saying "roulette odds are are 37-1, you want a chance to win $37,000?"

"No, I don't want to spend $1,000 on a roulette spin."

"No, it's free!"

"Uh, okay (spins wheel)."

Perfect.  This is exactly what we are doing with a talented, but admittedly flawed kid.  A roll of the dice with literally NOTHING to lose  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Same.  It's like someone saying "roulette odds are are 37-1, you want a chance to win $37,000?"

"No, I don't want to spend $1,000 on a roulette spin."

"No, it's free!"

"Uh, okay (spins wheel)."

out here looking like those folks that spin the wheel at the end of the price is right hopin up and down clappin 100 100 100 lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...