Falcons “thrilled” to land undrafted QB Feleipe Franks

2 minutes ago, brewman said:

I think Mullins kept starting Franks, because Dan Mullins prefers a dual-threat QB and didn't want to give up the QB run aspect of his offense.  It could also be that Trask performs better in games than practice.  In the end, Trask proved he was the better gameday QB.

Doesn't change my point, Mullins kept starting Franks over Trask until Franks went out with injury. Mullins liked something about his game.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

There were people that hated B. Grimes for years because, in his first start as an UDFA, he got roasted by a 10 year vet WR who was a foot taller than him.

Folks complain about "we don't develop talent" and when we try to, we get criticized for doing so.  Cannot win for losing.  Franks is a perfect example of developmental.  Text book definition.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Doesn't change my point, Mullins kept starting Franks over Trask until Franks went out with injury. Mullins liked something about his game.

And, history has proved out that Mullins made the wrong choice. 

The minute Franks got injured, the Gators became a better team.  Mullins was enamored with Franks physical ability, and overlooked the lack of intangibles such as pocket awareness, situational awareness, and decision making that separate mediocre QBs from good ones.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

If they choose to keep him around long term, he's in a great situation. Reading some comments, I thought he was a bad QB. He has room and time to grow, which is key

Don't listen to certain people on here.

Some are bias against him because he was a Florida Gator

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Don't listen to certain people on here.

Some are bias against him because he was a Florida Gator

I don't care who he played for. I just never saw much from him at Florida to excite me. IMO he's just another extremely talented arm who doesn't have the mental aspect of the game. These guys are a dime a dozen. Once or twice every so often one of them will figure out the mental side of the game and become a really good player. But more times than not they never figure it out. If he makes it great, Falcons have a solid backup. If he doesn't, no big deal cause nothing's been lost.

12 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't care who he played for. I just never saw much from him at Florida to excite me. IMO he's just another extremely talented arm who doesn't have the mental aspect of the game. These guys are a dime a dozen. Once or twice every so often one of them will figure out the mental side of the game and become a really good player. But more times than not they never figure it out. If he makes it great, Falcons have a solid backup. If he doesn't, no big deal cause nothing's been lost.

Wasn't talking about you. There are some who just dislike players because where they played college ball.

I agree that he has a very flawed game and if he doesn't work out out then there's no loss for the Falcons.

8 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Wasn't talking about you. There are some who just dislike players because where they played college ball.

I agree that he has a very flawed game and if he doesn't work out out then there's no loss for the Falcons.

Yeah. I was just saying.

45 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I mean the dude has a huge freaking upside and IF he can develop with this coaching staff lookout. Absolutely nothing to lose even tho he’s a long shot.

16 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Same.  It's like someone saying "roulette odds are are 37-1, you want a chance to win $37,000?"

"No, I don't want to spend $1,000 on a roulette spin."

"No, it's free!"

"Uh, okay (spins wheel)."

31 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Same.  It's like someone saying "roulette odds are are 37-1, you want a chance to win $37,000?"

"No, it's free!"

Perfect.  This is exactly what we are doing with a talented, but admittedly flawed kid.  A roll of the dice with literally NOTHING to lose  

6 hours ago, JDaveG said:

"No, it's free!"

out here looking like those folks that spin the wheel at the end of the price is right hopin up and down clappin 100 100 100 lol