Bryce Love

3 hours ago, autigerfan said:

If he is healthy I don't see much downside.  He could be a good one to stash on the PS.  

Not meant as a slight against you personally but can we please stop pursuing players who fit the description "don't see much downside"

I'm just really tired of these barely rosterable players who have basically nothing desirable about them other than that they have a pulse and don't go around killing people 

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

Not meant as a slight against you personally but can we please stop pursuing players who fit the description "don't see much downside"

I'm just really tired of these barely rosterable players who have basically nothing desirable about them other than that they have a pulse and don't go around killing people 

I'm all for signing proven commodities but our cap situation doesn't allow it.  Between now and training camp we will be bargain shopping and Love fits the profile as a camp body to compete.  He won't cost much and has shown talent when healthy. 

28 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

I'm all for signing proven commodities but our cap situation doesn't allow it.  Between now and training camp we will be bargain shopping and Love fits the profile as a camp body to compete.  He won't cost much and has shown talent when healthy. 

We have numerous players on our roster right now, signed for no more than vet min, that are way better than that definition.

The myth is that we have to settle.

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

We have numerous players on our roster right now, signed for no more than vet min, that are way better than that definition.

The myth is that we have to settle.

Not saying we have to settle.  Perhaps a Justin Houston or Ryan Kerrigan is in the cards for us if we play the waiting game long enough and their price comes down.  I also like the idea of signing hungry guys and letting the cream rise in contrast to the entitlement mentality that seemed to be rampant towards the end of Quinn's tenure.

12 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

Not saying we have to settle.  Perhaps a Justin Houston or Ryan Kerrigan is in the cards for us if we play the waiting game long enough and their price comes down.  I also like the idea of signing hungry guys and letting the cream rise in contrast to the entitlement mentality that seemed to be rampant towards the end of Quinn's tenure.

Yeah, like I said, it was nothing against you specifically. I just really want to get away from the "why not" and "couldn't hurt" mentality we've been seeing for so long in regards to FAs. Taking guys like that should bother us.

Literally had a Bryce Love thread a week ago. TLDR: If it were him or Gurley as an option, I'd choose Jerious Norwood. Injury bugs. Not worth kicking tires. We have enough talent in the building. 

He seems like a good dude and I hate his NFL career got messed up. Good thing he has that education to fall back on.  I hope he gets another shot and gets to play somewhere though. We don't even need to consider him though. For Love's sake , I hope we stay away. If there's one way to guarantee he will continue to be plagued by injuries, let the Falcons sign him. He would come here, be a monster for 3 1/2 quarters, and we would spend the rest of the season talking about what could have happened if he hadn't got hurt. We would never get anything else out of him. I've watched that rodeo to many times.