Unplugged with TF - Season ticket member call

Don't ask for a link because it was a private call event for season ticket members.  I am just relaying as much of what I head on the call as I can remember.

* When asked about not taking a RB in the draft - They are excited about the two RBs we grabbed in the "8th round" of the draft (aka undrafted free agents).  He said "We have two guys who are going to turn some heads."

* When asked about the cap and signing the rookie class - He said we are over budget at the moment but they have time to address that (until training camp is what he said).  He also said there are a number of ways to get us where we need to be and they are going to take their time, evaluate all the options, and make the best choice for the team.

*When asked about a possible Julio trade -  He said, not speaking about Julio or any particular player, that they will continue to evaluate every option but whatever decisions they make will be for the betterment of the team in the long run. He mentioned that they had to make the tough decion to cut or let walk some players they really liked (again, not saying any names in particular).

* When asked about adding additional pass rushers - He said you can never have too many good pressure players.  Said pressure can come from all over the place.  He specifically mention OLB, ILB, S... and then specifically mentioned Richie Grant blitzing from Safety. 

It was only about a 20ish minute call..  if I think of anything else, I will add it to the post.

22 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Don't ask for a link because it was a private call event for season ticket members.  I am just relaying as much of what I head on the call as I can remember.

* When asked about not taking a RB in the draft - They are excited about the two RBs we grabbed in the "8th round" of the draft (aka undrafted free agents).  He said "We have two guys who are going to turn some heads."

* When asked about the cap and signing the rookie class - He said we are over budget at the moment but they have time to address that (until training camp is what he said).  He also said there are a number of ways to get us where we need to be and they are going to take their time, evaluate all the options, and make the best choice for the team.

*When asked about a possible Julio trade -  He said, not speaking about Julio or any particular player, that they will continue to evaluate every option but whatever decisions they make will be for the betterment of the team in the long run. He mentioned that they had to make the tough decion to cut or let walk some players they really liked (again, not saying any names in particular).

* When asked about adding additional pass rushers - He said you can never have too many good pressure players.  Said pressure can come from all over the place.  He specifically mention OLB, ILB, S... and then specifically mentioned Richie Grant blitzing from Safety. 

It was only about a 20ish minute call..  if I think of anything else, I will add it to the post.

Doing their due diligence. Evaluate all options and pick the one with most value for the team to win on the field, not press conferences.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

I'm glad they are still listening.  This man is not sitting on his laurels.

He had his chance to say JJ will not be traded and he choose not to. Still doesn’t mean he will be traded .....but only a fool wouldn’t listen to offers.

Pass rush is my biggest concern on defense. A decent pass rush could be the difference in playoffs or sitting at home. 

Edited by Atl Falcon

33 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

He had his chance to say JJ will not be traded and he choose not to. Still doesn’t mean he will be traded .....but only a fool wouldn’t listen to offers.

Pass rush is my biggest concern on defense. A decent pass rush could be the difference piece of poop or sitting at home. 

Bill Belicheck  values coverage over pass rush. If we can cover we can get there. Big if though. Secondary got some new interesting peices.

We know debo can cover the middle and backs out the back field.

I always go back to Miami and what Flores/Grier has done with their secondary.  They've "cornered" the market with X, Jones, Igbinoghene, McCourty, Jevon Holland, etc.  I say this to say that because their secondary was solid it allowed them to pursue the QB from everywhere.  Their defensive turnaround focused on pressure from all angles and takeaways.

Pees does much of this although I expect it to take shape next year more than this year.  I'm excited about Grant being a chess piece. Why does it seem like forever since we've had that?