Blue Jays @ Braves

tl;dr

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Even if we lose, I feel like this team is starting to feel more 2018-20 Braves like. Even when down against a very good bullpen, they aren't just taking it and going home 

Yeah.... I honestly expected nthe braves to score in the 9th.....and that is not a feeling that I have had for most of the year.

10 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Gotta love finally getting a quality start from Wilson and losing because of two horrific defensive blunders by bullpen pitchers and a gift walk run. I don't wanna see Webb's face in high leverage ever again.

If we could push starters to go 7 instead of 6 we could eliminate the possibility of one bad pitcher per game. A quality starting pitcher that is beginning to tire out is better than a fresh lesser quality bullpen guy. You simply can’t expect 3-4 different bullpen guys to shut down the last 3-4 innings of a game on a consistent basis. It would be super nice to go straight from starter to closer once in a while without all the uncertainty of low quality bullpen arms

13 minutes ago, Friendly Folk said:

If we could push starters to go 7 instead of 6 we could eliminate the possibility of one bad pitcher per game. A quality starting pitcher that is beginning to tire out is better than a fresh lesser quality bullpen guy. You simply can’t expect 3-4 different bullpen guys to shut down the last 3-4 innings of a game on a consistent basis. It would be super nice to go straight from starter to closer once in a while without all the uncertainty of low quality bullpen arms

Minter is the 8th inning guy. Matzek got the 7th perfectly. 

2 hours ago, Friendly Folk said:

Last night the bullpen issues weren't pitching related but more so mental mistakes than anything. Minter throws to 2nd immediately or pump fakes him back and takes the out at first and we may be having a different conversation. 

Think we get the W tonight. We feel a little different since the Philly comeback. Even last night it felt like we didn't roll over and die. Think Fried goes 6 tonight and we win then FINALLY get over .500 tomorrow afternoon. 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Think we get the W tonight. We feel a little different since the Philly comeback. Even last night it felt like we didn't roll over and die. Think Fried goes 6 tonight and we win then FINALLY get over .500 tomorrow afternoon. 

Yeah... Like I mentioned before I actually expected the Braves to score in the bottle of the night which is not a feeling that I've had for most of the year.

Pretty much everyone had a good at bat in the 9th....and when you have good at bats eventually good things will happen.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Hope you are right.  We typically don’t play well in those 12:00 home games.  Need Morton to pitch like Morton

Hooray for Newk and Martin being back, but I wish we had kept Wilson up and sent Webb down. Webb can pitch, but he’s got to get some of the mental stuff down 

Happy to have Martin and Newcomb back, and hoping we can get Greene in there ASAP, but we also need starting pitching help with Soroka's return nowhere in sight.

Morton and Smyly just aren't delivering. Here's hoping AA can secure a top starting pitcher via trade sometime this summer.

I'd personally love to see us somehow get Jon Gray from the Rockies.

48 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Hooray for Newk and Martin being back, but I wish we had kept Wilson up and sent Webb down. Webb can pitch, but he’s got to get some of the mental stuff down 

That is the annoying thing about the two instances that happened... He made two really good pitches that got the exact result that he wanted he just didn't execute the fundamentals.