Our Speed Back/CoP is 6'2" 240lbs

13 hours ago, hjerry said:

Side note, I got curious after my post, and gotta say, I'm liking what I'm seeing from Raine,

TE at FAU, was used everywhere at Northwestern, blocking TE, Pass catching TE, Blocking FB

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but he could be a nice option for that 4th TE spot

Be interesting to he who they choose between him or Smith, or neither

or you could just lose Keith Smith as FB and keep 5 TEs with a couple that can play H-back

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Amazing agility for a guy of his size.  He runs through traffic like he is 5'8", not 6' 2".  I think we'll see more Avery on returns, but Patterson will play more of a role in the running game than people think. 

I think you're right about CP getting a bigger role at RB, but there's no way you take away his best-in-the-league ability at KR. At $3 mil a year, he's going to be a lot more than a once in a while RB and gadget play guy. AS wants more than that I think.

I can definitely see Avery returning punts and trying to block them. Straight ST guy who may be phased in since CP is only on a one year gig. But I can't see CP not returning kickoffs, the most valuable part of his game. Wish we could sign him for longer than a year.

2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

We are still thin at RB. I have nothing against a Davis CPat tandem, in fact I think it could be dynamite. Problem is if Davis goes down what do we have? Olison is completely unproven. 

I agree but it doesnt  take elite talent to run in this systwm.

17 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

We are still thin at RB. I have nothing against a Davis CPat tandem, in fact I think it could be dynamite. Problem is if Davis goes down what do we have? Olison is completely unproven. 

In this case, best man up. Someone else gets their shot. Huntley moves up from the PS and Ollie is the man. If they can't do it, we can go out and bring in Bell or Gurley and make do. Hahaha

35 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

It doesn't, but when we were at our best in 2016, we had superior talent in the proper scheme. Why not try to duplicate that?

I agree. Running backs are a dime a dozen. If you can find it great, maybe they feel the guys the picked up can be elite. Mossert for the 9ers was like on 3 plus teams before he made a name as a niner.

Man I just love the FA pickup of CP to this team.  This would never have even crossed the minds of DQ, DK & TD.

I am really excited to plug this guy into our club in any numbers of ways.  He came into the league at 6'2", 216 measured at the combine fresh out of Univ of TN as a WR.  He's probably around 227-230 lbs right now.  

Love his size/speed ratio along with Pitts, JJ & Hurst on the field together.  Very imposing for DB's & safeties & can also be problematic for today's small LBers.   

My hope is to see him get a lot of touches at RB #2 with Davis.  Now that we have Pitts who can line up all over the place, it's sick when you think about what Patterson & Davis can do to a defense with their receiving skills alone!  Give CP the ball on outside zone stretch runs & let him pick his lane.  God forbid the man has a lane because as you can see in that first run in the video, it's something to behold. 

The guy is a 230 lb bullet!  I mean he has the size to block in the backfield as well, but imagine the limitless route trees he can run.  Not just RB shallow routes but also get him up field.  After all  he is a WR too.  He & Pitts can be lined up literally anywhere.  We have weapons for days.   

29 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Gurley is not playing another down of professional football ever again. UGA homers need to let go.

I didn't even equate Gurley to UGA. That was too long ago to even remember. That was in response to what if Davis gets injured and CP, Ollie, Hawkins etc can't get it done. 

We head to the scrap heap to salvage whatever.

In my opinion, the rb room is not as thin as some would claim. I am very excited to see what AS dials up with the talent we have. I think we're all going to be surprised about how explosive this offense is going to be. Btw, I had no idea how large cp is. With his speed and elusiveness he is going to be a chore to match up against.

38 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Gurley is not playing another down of professional football ever again. UGA homers need to let go.

I don't think anyone mentions UGA as much as you haters.  I think these snippy comments are getting a bit old at this point.  First, the Atlanta falcons are located in GEORGIA.  So are the Hawks & Braves & several college teams including UGA.  So it's perfectly logical that you have an abundance of fans who like the Falcons & Bulldogs, or GA Tech or GA Southern or whoever.   

What IS NOT normal are people taking exception to those supporting players from UGA & ASSUMING they like a player ONLY because he played for UGA.  Should we start this ******** attitude for Alabama "homers" too?  Or Clemson players?  Or fill in the blank...?  No, we shouldn't. 

It's good to have ties to colleges & allegiances to those players. It's kinship & loyalty & love to your alma mater or your favorite college team that brings joy to people.  It's a good thing & nothing to get resentful over.  UGA & Bama & Clemson have produced some very high quality NFL players obviously..  I love Bama & Clemson players because they are well coached & are highly sought after when they were recruited out of HS.  Sure we all love to jaw in fun with one another over whose team is better & all that, but it's all in loving competitive fun & it brings us joy.  But my gosh I have seen some really unfair ugliness toward UGA fans on this board in recent years & personally, I think it's immature.   There is no reason to be hostile or resentful or defensive over a person's local team.  I mean WTH are we doing here?  I am a big Dogs fan.  I graduated from GA Southern but love the dogs & the SEC.  Do I like Bama like KOG?  Heck no!  But boy do I respect that team & boy do I love those players when they come out because I know they can make our Falcons better.  It's all good.  We shouldn't be too defensive or immature over loyalty to a college team.  It's quite alright.  

4 hours ago, red falcon said:

How does someone that big, fast, with vision, and agile become a free agent?

Priorities man.  If we all could have 70 man active rosters and unlimited bidgets, you could keep everyone.

27 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I don't think anyone mentions UGA as much as you haters.  I think these snippy comments are getting a bit old at this point.  First, the Atlanta falcons are located in GEORGIA.  So are the Hawks & Braves & several college teams including UGA.  So it's perfectly logical that you have an abundance of fans who like the Falcons & Bulldogs, or GA Tech or GA Southern or whoever.   

What IS NOT normal are people taking exception to those supporting players from UGA & ASSUMING they like a player ONLY because he played for UGA.  Should we start this ******** attitude for Alabama "homers" too?  Or Clemson players?  Or fill in the blank...?  No, we shouldn't. 

It's good to have ties to colleges & allegiances to those players. It's kinship & loyalty & love to your alma mater or your favorite college team that brings joy to people.  It's a good thing & nothing to get resentful over.  UGA & Bama & Clemson have produced some very high quality NFL players obviously..  I love Bama & Clemson players because they are well coached & are highly sought after when they were recruited out of HS.  Sure we all love to jaw in fun with one another over whose team is better & all that, but it's all in loving competitive fun & it brings us joy.  But my gosh I have seen some really unfair ugliness toward UGA fans on this board in recent years & personally, I think it's immature.   There is no reason to be hostile or resentful or defensive over a person's local team.  I mean WTH are we doing here?  I am a big Dogs fan.  I graduated from GA Southern but love the dogs & the SEC.  Do I like Bama like KOG?  Heck no!  But boy do I respect that team & boy do I love those players when they come out because I know they can make our Falcons better.  It's all good.  We shouldn't be too defensive or immature over loyalty to a college team.  It's quite alright.  

Yeah they already do that with me man. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Yeah they already do that with me man. Lol. 

You def have unadulterated love for your Bama players.  But dam man, there’s lots to like.  Homers will be homers I guess! I don’t consider homerism as being a bad thing though.  ;)

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

I didn't even equate Gurley to UGA. That was too long ago to even remember. That was in response to what if Davis gets injured and CP, Ollie, Hawkins etc can't get it done. 

We head to the scrap heap to salvage whatever.

Ha ha me either. Once a player has been in the league a few years really don’t even think about their alma mater

2 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I'm not sold on CP as a fulltime RB.  I kind of think of him as a Kenyon Barner type but who knows, maybe he will be a true RB.  He is certainly athletic enough to do it.

I hope he brings more than what barner did. May not have been his fault though due to opportunity and play calling.  

28 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

You def have unadulterated love for your Bama players.  But dam man, there’s lots to like.  Homers will be homers I guess! I don’t consider homerism as being a bad thing though.  ;)

I do, but I dont always want our guys. I hate the fanbase too much for that. When my cousin played here it was cringe 

2 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Man I just love the FA pickup of CP to this team.  This would never have even crossed the minds of DQ, DK & TD.

I am really excited to plug this guy into our club in any numbers of ways.  He came into the league at 6'2", 216 measured at the combine fresh out of Univ of TN as a WR.  He's probably around 227-230 lbs right now.  

Love his size/speed ratio along with Pitts, JJ & Hurst on the field together.  Very imposing for DB's & safeties & can also be problematic for today's small LBers.   

My hope is to see him get a lot of touches at RB #2 with Davis.  Now that we have Pitts who can line up all over the place, it's sick when you think about what Patterson & Davis can do to a defense with their receiving skills alone!  Give CP the ball on outside zone stretch runs & let him pick his lane.  God forbid the man has a lane because as you can see in that first run in the video, it's something to behold. 

The guy is a 230 lb bullet!  I mean he has the size to block in the backfield as well, but imagine the limitless route trees he can run.  Not just RB shallow routes but also get him up field.  After all  he is a WR too.  He & Pitts can be lined up literally anywhere.  We have weapons for days.   

I know he was a 1st rd pick at WR but why was he relegated to RB and return duties in Chicago?  Is his WR skill set lacking that much that he needed a position change vs. what he played in college and got him drafted in the 1st round?

26 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I'm not sold on CP as a fulltime RB.  I kind of think of him as a Kenyon Barner type but who knows, maybe he will be a true RB.  He is certainly athletic enough to do it.

I wasn't either, and I don't think he's RB1 unless something happens to Davis or he surprises us, but he's similar in size to Henry and a lot faster (8-9 lbs lighter give or take). In a zone scheme, he could find a niche and surprise everybody. He's definitely got the swagger to do it, and he seems real set on getting an opportunity. I bet he'll be better than we think in a RB2 role, and might the intent behind picking him up be just the reason we didn't draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd.

Looking at what's behind him on the roster, Ollie included, he's obviously RB2 at the moment unless we add one in FA.

23 minutes ago, falconsFTW said:

I know he was a 1st rd pick at WR but why was he relegated to RB and return duties in Chicago?  Is his WR skill set lacking that much that he needed a position change vs. what he played in college and got him drafted in the 1st round?

His route running has always been trash. Coming out of college I remember them saying that