Our Speed Back/CoP is 6'2" 240lbs

Posted (edited)

I have a feeling that TF and Arthur smith thinks that they have enough peaces to win now I think our old coaching stuff was vastly overrated. The moves that they have made doesn’t feel rebuilt to me i still still don’t understand how the **** does Dan queen have a job in the NFL even the year we went to the super bowl we had a terrible defense it was all shanny 

Edited by falcons740

46 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Indeed. I’m like you. the more i watch Patterson, the more i actually think that he is a legit rb under Arthur Smith. He’s big and he gets to the edge fast. 

He definitely thinks he is:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/cordarrelle-patterson-wasnt-happy-with-how-bears-used-him-in-2020/%3famp

44 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Actually, he's competing at FB. He was used both as a FB and a TE in college

Graham is strictly a TE, and not really much of a blocker if I recall, so, nah

Yeah he won't be listed as a FB. Titans rosters had no FB and 4 TEs when AS was OC. I'm sure ours will look the same. 

Lee Smith is a flat out beast of a blocking TE. Basically an additional lineman that'll be used in 12s and goal line. Hurst does both, and Pitts is a pass catcher that'll get better at blocking. If anything, Raine will give Graham and Becker the boot because he provides a little versatility at FB. Graham is just a downgrade from Hurst. Lee Smith, Pitts and Hurst are a lock on the 53. One of Raine, Graham and Becker should be the 4th TE.

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

Indeed. I’m like you. the more i watch Patterson, the more i actually think that he is a legit rb under Arthur Smith. He’s big and he gets to the edge fast. 

I agree with that. I see CP as RB2. I like the Huntley kid too. He could surprise as the 4th RB maybe.

22 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Yeah he won't be listed as a FB. Titans rosters had no FB and 4 TEs when AS was OC. I'm sure ours will look the same. 

Lee Smith is a flat out beast of a blocking TE. Basically an additional lineman that'll be used in 12s and goal line. Hurst does both, and Pitts is a pass catcher that'll get better at blocking. If anything, Raine will give Graham and Becker the boot because he provides a little versatility at FB. Graham is just a downgrade from Hurst. Lee Smith, Pitts and Hurst are a lock on the 53. One of Raine, Graham and Becker should be the 4th TE.

Well, as of right now, he's listed at FB

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Y'all watch the highlights in the OP, and then watch these.

Tell me that those highlights don't look similar. Henry is obviously way more of a bruiser, but he's just an unusually strong man. Patterson has a little bit better acceleration, but they're pretty close to the same size and have a similar upright running style. Henry is just so nasty on the goal line.

All of the sudden I'm wondering how many carries Patterson is gonna have. I could see him being a big part of the running game.

Also, they will obviously be playing in the same offense.

Edited by ATLskinjob

5 hours ago, hjerry said:

Side note, I got curious after my post, and gotta say, I'm liking what I'm seeing from Raine,

TE at FAU, was used everywhere at Northwestern, blocking TE, Pass catching TE, Blocking FB

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but he could be a nice option for that 4th TE spot

Be interesting to he who they choose between him or Smith, or neither

If Raine can do double duty (FB and TE) he needs to be kept.

With roster spots being so valuable now, its hard to see us carry a blocking FB AND a blocking TE.  Especially when AS used FBs so few times.   I would like to see us have an RB who can also play FB, like we had with Justin Griffith.  

We already have a ST type in Avery Williams, can we afford him -and- Keith Smith as primarily ST guys?  Not seeing it....

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

Actually, he's competing at FB. He was used both as a FB and a TE in college

Graham is strictly a TE, and not really much of a blocker if I recall, so, nah

I recall reading about Hurst and thinking we already -had- a receiving TE in Graham, why not use him, and keep our 2nd rounder for another position?    And now, Hurst is looking like a 2 year 'rental'.

The way TD and DQ wasted picks is just unreal.........

49 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Y'all watch the highlights in the OP, and then watch these.

Tell me that those highlights don't look similar. Henry is obviously way more of a bruiser, but he's just an unusually strong man. Patterson has a little bit better acceleration, but they're pretty close to the same size and have a similar upright running style. Henry is just so nasty on the goal line.

All of the sudden I'm wondering how many carries Patterson is gonna have. I could see him being a big part of the running game.

Also, they will obviously be playing in the same offense.

Lol. Henry is a monster. No comparison. AS gave Henry the opportunity but Henry makes the opportunity easy. Dudes long speed and physical power for a big man is ridiculous. A brute that runs away from people. Patterson will NEVER come close. Not to say he won’t be valuable but comparing him to Henry? 

5 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Lol. Henry is a monster. No comparison. AS gave Henry the opportunity but Henry makes the opportunity easy. Dudes long speed and physical power for a big man is ridiculous. A brute that runs away from people. Patterson will NEVER come close. Not to say he won’t be valuable but comparing him to Henry? 

No man I definitely know that Henry is from a different echelon. I'm saying that they run in similar styles and will be utilized similarly in this offense. There just isn't another Derrick Henry.

7 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

No man I definitely know that Henry is from a different echelon. I'm saying that they run in similar styles and will be utilized similarly in this offense. There just isn't another Derrick Henry.

I feel you man. Wasn’t trying to be particular and I like how you see the future with AS.  I like it too. I’m very excited but Henry just blows me away. I’m an Alabama fan. I remember him like Najee Harris this year early in his career. Dancing too much as a big back then the light came on. Better coaching too. One step, make a decision and use your body and skills. CP can be a change of pace. Coach that and see it flourish. 

57 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I feel you man. Wasn’t trying to be particular and I like how you see the future with AS.  I like it too. I’m very excited but Henry just blows me away. I’m an Alabama fan. I remember him like Najee Harris this year early in his career. Dancing too much as a big back then the light came on. Better coaching too. One step, make a decision and use your body and skills. CP can be a change of pace. Coach that and see it flourish. 

Yeah I think AS made Henry and Tannehill. Tannehill was pretty much nothing prior and Henry was more than a JAG but teams weren't beating down the door for him.

I think AS will do similar things for some of our guys. Show them how they can be utilized on a regular basis and let them do their job after that. I'm hoping that over time there will be multiple players that will be discovered. 

I also think AS' skill to use a players talents and TF's ability to reach deep and find those guys will be a valuable complementary duo for a long time. That's my hope at least.

6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Amazing agility for a guy of his size.  He runs through traffic like he is 5'8", not 6' 2".  I think we'll see more Avery on returns, but Patterson will play more of a role in the running game than people think. 

That would be interesting.  We could field some lineups that would confuse defensive coordinators in a big way.