Jalen Mayfield caught Terry Fontenot eye

On 5/9/2021 at 12:46 PM, Herr Doktor said:

To his kid is a baller.  I can honestly see him competing for several slots.  His first look may be left guard.  But honestly, McGary should feel a little heat coming from that kitchen.  

Nah McGary improved and should do much better this year especially with Dirk gone and AS in.

A man was at a bar one night and saw a beautiful redhead sitting in the booth opposite him. After about 5 minutes, he got up the guts to go talk to her. Just as he sat down, she sneezed and her glass eye flew out from her socket. 

On reflex, the guy shot out his arm and caught her eye and gave it back to her. They started talking and the redhead invited the man to go to a movie with her, then go back to her place for a nightcap. In the morning, she cooked him a big breakfast of bacon and eggs and the man said, "Why are you being incredibly nice to me? Is this the way you treat all men who start talking to you?" 

The redhead replied, "No, you just happened to catch my eye!

8 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

A man was at a bar one night and saw a beautiful redhead sitting in the booth opposite him. After about 5 minutes, he got up the guts to go talk to her. Just as he sat down, she sneezed and her glass eye flew out from her socket. 

On reflex, the guy shot out his arm and caught her eye and gave it back to her. They started talking and the redhead invited the man to go to a movie with her, then go back to her place for a nightcap. In the morning, she cooked him a big breakfast of bacon and eggs and the man said, "Why are you being incredibly nice to me? Is this the way you treat all men who start talking to you?" 

That’s funny and was interesting reading.

TF was in pro-scouting with Aints. He wasn’t involved in college acouting. He probably heard in the room with Mickey Loomis about college scouting guys talk. I doubt TF was very involved with Mayfield. 

4 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Too bad they were in public, or the guy -could- have grabbed her 'attention'..... 😜

23 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

TF was in pro-scouting with Aints. He wasn’t involved in college acouting. He probably heard in the room with Mickey Loomis about college scouting guys talk. I doubt TF was very involved with Mayfield. 

He was doing a little extra

4 hours ago, falcons007 said:

This isn’t true.  Fontenot has said plenty of times that he was involved with pretty much everything while with the Aints.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. Where did he say that? Please post a link. 

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/front-office-roster/terry-fontenot

Although he's spent much of his career on the pro scouting side, serving as a pro scouting intern, player personnel assistant and pro scout before his promotion to director of pro scouting, Fontenot has seen his role expand in scope since 2015. After Ryan Pace was hired as the general manager of the Chicago Bears, Fontenot began working closely with college scouting director, and former Dolphins GM, Jeff Ireland, Loomis and head coach Sean Payton to develop a versatile group that could identify players that fit the team's vision, whether they were on NFL rosters, practice squads, free agents, college players or otherwise.

Edited by NashvilleFalcon01

7 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

This isn’t true.  Fontenot has said plenty of times that he was involved with pretty much everything while with the Aints.

Yes he did

39 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. Where did he say that? Please post a link. 

start at about 40 seconds

On 5/9/2021 at 1:02 PM, Cole World said:

Another thing..... the Falcons listed “Guard” on their draft card even though Mayfield  played Tackle at Michigan.

“The former Michigan football player says he has never taken a snap inside before. He started 15 games at right tackle for the Wolverines across his three seasons in Ann Arbor.”

32.63” arms is likely why they view him as an IOL in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

That’s from 2015. I want to see where he said as Falcons GM. I get that he was involved along with Mickey Loomis and college guys talking in the meetings. 

The topic was about last year when he was with the Saints tho.

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

He better have, because there are young guys coming in to take his cookies if he didn’t this year.

Nobody on the roster is taking his spot. He improved his play last year and was fine. He did struggle against some good speed rushers, but that happens. In this new scheme he should be even better. All the people on the roster fighting for a spot is at LG, C and backup roles.