Who are some players you expect to shine in Pees scheme?

I was a little surprised that the Falcons didn't go after a rush-OLB type in the draft, like a Chris Rumph. Perhaps they liked some of those guys but felt comfortable that some of the existing players on the roster will and/or shine under Pees. Who do you expect, if anyone, to have a meteoric rise in play and recognition around the league?

44 minutes ago, Jerry Maguire said:

I was a little surprised that the Falcons didn't go after a rush-OLB type in the draft, like a Chris Rumph. 

Pees uses a lot of larger dudes standing up in his scheme. Think you'll see Ogundeji get a shot at doing some of that.

But yeah - Fowler is a big one that I think will thrive, as well as Mykal Walker. I can see Grant being a star in this scheme too.

As a unit, I think the secondary will see the biggest jump followed by the d-line.  We have lacked a presence opposite Grady since Poe was here.  I don't know what individual player will emerge but I like the competition that is being created on this team.  Let the hungriest players win. 

3 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Pees uses a lot of larger dudes standing up in his scheme. Think you'll see Ogundeji get a shot at doing some of that.

But yeah - Fowler is a big one that I think will thrive, as well as Mykal Walker. I can see Grant being a star in this scheme too.

I hope Fowler does improve but I’m not holding my breath. I’m sure players will perform better in certain schemes but I’m not sure he was an upgrade over VB44. At times I think his assignment was to tie up linemen as long as possible. 

Fowler, Cominsky,  and Davidson 

One thing can say about Fowler is that he has done it before.  Last year I saw a guy with a bad ankle first game who continued to try to play( quite un productively) and then got the hamstring. I dont see any Vic in his game BTW.

Cominsky first pre season game in 2019 he was running around of special teams lighting people up, I cant get that out of my head for his athletic potential at 6'5 285. If he can stay low I see alot of stunting with he and Jarret.

Davidson came to camp out of shape and played sparingly because of, he couldnt stay on field. But, he absolutely was picking up guards and bending around tackles in the Raiders game. Major eyes on him this year on how his body looks coming to camp.

Tepid hope for these 3?

On a side note, there is a strong possibility that Tuioti Mariner outperforms all of them based on his work ethic, youth and availability.

13 hours ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Davidson came to camp out of shape and played sparingly because of, he couldnt stay on field. 

Good morning,

How are you today!? I hope you’re doing well. I’m ok. I am still working on my garden and taking care of myself. “Bo” is still chasing squirrels and almost catching them (LoL). That crazy dog. 
  I’m writing you today to ask for a small favor. I’m a little nervous, so please be patient:

Can you please post where you read, heard or saw that Marlon Davidson didn’t play last season because he “came to camp out of shape”? 

I really will appreciate it  

Respectfully,

ADAMSVILLE GYM

3 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Good morning,

How are you today!? I hope you’re doing well. I’m ok. I am still working on my garden and taking care of myself. “Bo” is still chasing squirrels and almost catching them (LoL). That crazy dog. 
  I’m writing you today to ask for a small favor. I’m a little nervous, so please be patient:

Can you please post where you read, heard or saw that Marlon Davidson didn’t play last season because he “came to camp out of shape”? 

I really will appreciate it  

Respectfully,

ADAMSVILLE GYM

Didnt read, hear OR see that Davidson didnt play last season, certainly didnt say he did not play either

My understanding is that M Davidson had COVID during the season.  I can tell you from personal experience that COVID can knock the living $4it out of you.  The cardiovascular effects linger.  

I think Davidson should be considered a rookie this season and be given a clean slate from which to work.

7 minutes ago, falconsFTW said:

I hope Marlon Davidson gets a chance at DE.  that's where he exceled in college and I don't think he's a good fit at DT.  have him drop a few pounds and put him back at his natural spot

In Pees’ system it’s kind of the same thing. He can play rush tackle or 3-4 end. 

I think Oliver if he is kept will take another step.

When he was moved inside last year he flourished.

Every time I hear somebody talk about what the defensive coaches want in terms of tackling and being aggressive and stuff like that, I think of Oliver when he played in the slot.