Based on Julio Jones contract and year by year cap hits how long do you think his job with the Atlanta Falcons is safe?

If.... this year after 1 June. But don't see it happening.

After this year, and with the exception of a very few, a lot of good WRs tend to retire at age 34-37. I can't see JJ being much different. That gives him 2-3 years of longevity left. That's not long. I think it really depends on whether or not he stays healthy this season. Any setback or further injury concerns and he could be done.

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

After this year, and with the exception of a very few, a lot of good WRs tend to retire at age 34-37. I can't see JJ being much different. That gives him 2-3 years of longevity left. That's not long. I think it really depends on whether or not he stays healthy this season. Any setback or further injury concerns and he could be done.

Julio is tough. I could see him playing at 36 although maybe not with the Falcons. Depends on how much he loves the game.

1 hour ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Everyone is concerned about next year...    I bet the cap goes up huge next season....   restructure his contract and let the rise of the future caps take control of our situation. 🤑

He don't need to restructure. His cap hit goes down drastically after this year and the year after. Ridley will be making more than Julio in 2023. After this year, he's easy to retain unless he's injured again and his production just doesn't measure up.

I don't want to see him go myself, but that wasn't what the OP asked.

11 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Julio is tough. I could see him playing at 36 although maybe not with the Falcons. Depends on how much he loves the game.

It depends on how healthy he stays. If this past injury was just an anamoly then sure, 36 or 37 is possible. But I believe this was a contract that made him a Falcon for Life. I think those were AB's exact words.

Maybe JJ already has a timeline of when he wants to hang it up, and the end of his contract is when he wanted to retire. Only time will tell that, but yeah, in searching other WRs that were great over the years, outside of the Jerry Rice's of the world, 34-37 is pretty much it. I think he has 3-4 years max left in the tank.

2 hours ago, celtiksage said:

i hope both parties sit down and come up with a team friendly deal thats fair on julio and on us...but i dont see that happening..i dont think julio would lower his pay at all..

7 hours ago, celtiksage said:

He don't need to restructure. His cap hit goes down drastically after this year and the year after. Ridley will be making more than Julio in 2023. After this year, he's easy to retain unless he's injured again and his production just doesn't measure up.

I don't want to see him go myself, but that wasn't what the OP asked.

That would absolutely kill the Falcons momentum going into 2021 if they traded Julio.