2021 MiLB Season

Unknøwn

10 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I'm becoming concerned that Pache will just never hit enough to be a capable big leaguer. Hes currently hitting .214 with a .632 OPS at AAA. Thay covers nearly a month of games now.

I like what I'm seeing with the swing. It's process-over-production right now as he tries to shake some bad habits he got into trying to blow open the doors in spring training, but overall I think his swing will get there. I'm watching a lot of his recent ABs lately getting ready for the top prospect list update, and the main thing I'm seeing is him still getting fooled by pitchers that can vary velo away from him. But he's brought back the little leg kick he had in 2019, and that's done good things for his overall timing. 

He'll be a big leaguer, and a very good one, but probably not the star-level guy I thought he might be a few years ago. I'll have him in my top 5.

8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I don't care what anyone says....dude has some of the most ridiculous movement on his pitches.....he just needs to control them more.

But when it is working....it is **** near unhittable.

That's the way he looked the one time I saw him pitch spring training this year. I think a lot of his control issues were tied to his delivery. His delivery gets loose and wild and he loses control of his pitches. But when he keeps his delivery under him then he has control and is able to do what he did today.

He could definitely boost the big league team. Might be better served as a RP this year. Smyly is settling into the #4 and Muller has earned his spot. Ynoa should boost the bullpen next month as well. Give you guys other than Tomlin that can give you multiple innings. Tomlin is probably going to retire after the season, he looks done. 

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

I don't care what anyone says....dude has some of the most ridiculous movement on his pitches.....he just needs to control them more.

But when it is working....it is **** near unhittable.

Touki is another guy that I think proves we maybe need a vet SP if anything this offseason. We’ve got so many good young arms and so many holes elsewhere 

18 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I think @K26dp has been super high on Touki for a while. Could be wrong, but didn’t you say he had the best ace stuff of any of our young guys at one point?

Yes. I still believe it, but as @AUTiger7222 says repeating his mechanics has been an issue. Really pulling for him though, him and Soroka and Muller have been the coolest of the young pitchers I've had a chance to meet. 

18 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Touki is another guy that I think proves we maybe need a vet SP if anything this offseason. We’ve got so many good young arms and so many holes elsewhere 

I'd say this season has proven again the old adage of "you can never have enough arms". 

5 hours ago, K26dp said:

Yes. I still believe it, but as @AUTiger7222 says repeating his mechanics has been an issue. Really pulling for him though, him and Soroka and Muller have been the coolest of the young pitchers I've had a chance to meet. 

Soroka and Touki both seem very down to earth and like they’d be easy to talk to. Don’t know quite as much about Muller but I’ll take your word for it lol

Didn’t realize it, but Waters and Pache have looked better recently. Looks like Pache’s swing is paying off. I’m betting we see him at some point again this year if we have another injury. I won’t expect Waters until next year despite what some of the twits are wanting 

36 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Didn’t realize it, but Waters and Pache have looked better recently. Looks like Pache’s swing is paying off. I’m betting we see him at some point again this year if we have another injury. I won’t expect Waters until next year despite what some of the twits are wanting 

They've both battled injuries all season long, the last couple of weeks have been the first time they've both been really healthy. I think another week or two of health and good process at the plate and Pache will be back.

And I forgot, here's this week's Farm Report and podcast -- we discuss this in both. 

17 minutes ago, K26dp said:

They've both battled injuries all season long, the last couple of weeks have been the first time they've both been really healthy. I think another week or two of health and good process at the plate and Pache will be back.

And I forgot, here's this week's Farm Report and podcast -- we discuss this in both. 

What’s the future for Trey Harris? Seems like he has the bat to play in the majors, but that’s it. Is he a DH candidate, a journeyman, trade bait, or what? I figure they want a Michael Harris, Pache, Waters, Acuña OF/DH long term, so where does that leave Trey Harris? 

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

What’s the future for Trey Harris? Seems like he has the bat to play in the majors, but that’s it. Is he a DH candidate, a journeyman, trade bait, or what? I figure they want a Michael Harris, Pache, Waters, Acuña OF/DH long term, so where does that leave Trey Harris? 

He's always been more of a 4th/5th OF-type for me. For more than that he would need at least one of: more game power, more speed, or better defense. As it is, he's a solid gap hitter than can play credible corner defense, and is a good teammate. 

• 2 weeks later...