2021 MiLB Season

Unknøwn

Bryse Wilson threw 5 shutout innings last night. Nate Jones, Jesse Chavez and Newk came in and all had scoreless innings. Newk was used as the closer. He threw a clean 9th with 2 Ks. It appears the Braves might be using this opportunity to get him late inning experience. 

Ender had a double and run scored in his 2 ABs.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Going to guess left field. 😶

If we have Acuña in RF, Harris in LF, and assuming Ozuna at DH, who do you think is CF? Easy answer is Pache (or Waters but idk what OF position he is projected for us). 

trade Waters, Pache and a young pitcher for Trout how bout 

4 hours ago, tl;dr said:

If we have Acuña in RF, Harris in LF, and assuming Ozuna at DH, who do you think is CF? Easy answer is Pache (or Waters but idk what OF position he is projected for us). 

I do wonder if Trout will one day grow frustrated at their inability to build a winner. They can't draft and they're terrible at building using money. I just wonder if Trout might one day be on speaker phone with Shannon Sharpe.

6 hours ago, tl;dr said:

This is one of those things that will work itself out. 

Waters should be able to play CF in the majors. He's just not on Pache's level, but not many are.

58 minutes ago, K26dp said:

This is one of those things that will work itself out. 

Waters should be able to play CF in the majors. He's just not on Pache's level, but not many are.

Pache’s bat is what really concerns me. I’ve always known that’s a knock on him, but every time I’ve seen him play and even read up on him, I’m not impressed. Gotta be able to hit in the bigs as I’m sure you know lol

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I do wonder if Trout will one day grow frustrated at their inability to build a winner. They can't draft and they're terrible at building using money. I just wonder if Trout might one day be on speaker phone with Shannon Sharpe.

Even better, what about A Rod? We got Sharpe (who blows) in trouble, now let’s see A Rod do it 

7 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Pache’s bat is what really concerns me. I’ve always known that’s a knock on him, but every time I’ve seen him play and even read up on him, I’m not impressed. Gotta be able to hit in the bigs as I’m sure you know lol

I'm not really concerned. I've watched this kid since he was 18 years old, the strides he's made have been enormous. He's someone -- kind of like Riley -- that just has to get a lot of reps at a new level before he starts putting it together. 

13 hours ago, tl;dr said:

He has a very good plate approach. That's what's gonna save him in the end. But his first offensive run as a Brave was undeniably an F-. His OPS+ is -5. The only other time we've seen something like that was after we traded for DuVall. Over time, the small sample size got counterbalanced by DuVall's natural ability. I expect the same thing to happen with Pache.

13 hours ago, K26dp said:

I'm not really concerned. I've watched this kid since he was 18 years old, the strides he's made have been enormous. He's someone -- kind of like Riley -- that just has to get a lot of reps at a new level before he starts putting it together. 

28 minutes ago, jidady said:

He has a very good plate approach. That's what's gonna save him in the end. But his first offensive run as a Brave was undeniably an F-. His OPS+ is -5. The only other time we've seen something like that was after we traded for DuVall. Over time, the small sample size got counterbalanced by DuVall's natural ability. I expect the same thing to happen with Pache.

I’ll defer to the both of y’all on this. I hope to be wrong lol