Phillies @ Braves

tl;dr

Braves called up pitchers Jasseel De La Cruz and Victor Arano. Kazmar was sent to AAA, Carl Edwards was DFA'd. Cruz is a SP so he'll fill the long RP role while Tomlin recovers.  Braves are making it clear, bullpen jobs are open and if you can perform its yours. If you cant, get out.

18 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Braves called up pitchers Jasseel De La Cruz and Victor Arano. Kazmar was sent to AAA, Carl Edwards was DFA'd. Cruz is a SP so he'll fill the long RP role while Tomlin recovers.  Braves are making it clear, bullpen jobs are open and if you can perform its yours. If you cant, get out.

At what point do they start seriously looking outside of the organization?

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Can't yet unless you go pick up Greene or another FA. The trade market isn't going to get going this early. Probably start hearing things in June. I dont see Greene caving to the price either. He knows the more desperate teams get the more his demands will be met

22 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The same point they realize that Rick Kranitz needs to go because clearly his game plans don’t work. There’s a reason pitchers come here and do worse and then leave and do better. Look at what Kevin Gausman is doing with the Giants. Where was that when he was here?

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Can't yet unless you go pick up Greene or another FA. The trade market isn't going to get going this early. Probably start hearing things in June. I dont see Greene caving to the price either. He knows the more desperate teams get the more his demands will be met

Hopefully it’ll still matter by the time we get to June.  For every time it looks like they’re trending up, they drop 4 steps.  What an inconsistent year.

Braves give up 2 runs in the 1st inning and answer with 3 easy outs. Whatever. If the Braves don’t give a rip about winning why should I? You can’t tell me the ownership, front office folks, coaching staff, and players care about winning as much as I do. There’s no way!! If they did they would play better. If they did they would spend more money. If they did they would make changes to the coaching staff. If they did they would look like they care instead of looking disinterested.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Braves give up 2 runs in the 1st inning and answer with 3 easy outs. Whatever. If the Braves don’t give a rip about winning why should I? You can’t tell me the ownership, front office folks, coaching staff, and players care about winning as much as I do. There’s no way!! If they did they would play better. If they did they would spend more money. If they did they would make changes to the coaching staff. If they did they would look like they care instead of looking disinterested.

It’s getting really hard to continue to watch.  I don’t expect them to win every single game, but I at least expect some kind of effort or fight.  This is just miserable.  2015 anyone? 

2 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

It’s getting really hard to continue to watch.  I don’t expect them to win every single game, but I at least expect some kind of effort or fight.  This is just miserable.  2015 anyone? 

Yep. Feels just like 2015-17 all over again.

5 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

The sad thing is, it shouldn’t be like this, we’re passed that rebuild phase.  This is where you add on to the strong core.  😑

You mean spend money and go all in? LMAO!!!!! That's the funniest **** thing I've heard all day.

That last half inning sums up the 2020 Braves perfectly. 2 walks to start the inning followed by 2 strikeouts and a line out to end the inning. They give us hope and immediately take it away and disappoint us.