Phillies @ Braves

tl;dr

Braves have another off day tomorrow. It's ridiculous how many off days they've had so far. They played 10 straight days from April 9th-18th but outside of that it's play 2 or 3 or 4 and then off day and then play a couple and another off day it's probably why there's no rhythm.

7 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

If the Braves put Bryse Wilson out there to start Tuesday I'm gonna lose my mind!!! Enough is enough!!! Wilson either belongs in the bullpen or nowhere near the major league team. Dude is not a starting pitcher!!!

Not that I want to see him pitch but what happened to Touki?

22 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

He’s hurt I think 

Yeah, he was placed on the 60-day DL at the end of March. He had a shoulder strain.

If he's okay, he'll be eligible to come back at the end of the month. It might be a while, though. I haven't seen any recent updates.

31 minutes ago, jidady said:

Yeah, he was placed on the 60-day DL at the end of March. He had a shoulder strain.

If he's okay, he'll be eligible to come back at the end of the month. It might be a while, though. I haven't seen any recent updates.

If he comes back strong he might be a good bullpen booster if we need to replace a guy.

Greene, presumably knocking Webb off the MLB roster is addition by addition and addition by subtraction.

1 hour ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

If he comes back strong he might be a good bullpen booster if we need to replace a guy.

Greene, presumably knocking Webb off the MLB roster is addition by addition and addition by subtraction.

If I recall , he was looking really good in spring and had some real bite on breaking stuff.

Then again Edwards and Jones looked good in spring aswell......so there is that.

26 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

If I recall , he was looking really good in spring and had some real bite on breaking stuff.

Then again Edwards and Jones looked good in spring aswell......so there is that.

Touki looked really good in spring. His delivery wasn’t nearly as loose and wild as it had previously been and as a result his control was much much better. Dude was lights out. I saw a game against the Twins where Ynoa got knocked around a bit and Touki came in and for 3 innings just completely torched them.

On 5/10/2021 at 12:50 AM, AUTiger7222 said:

If the Braves put Bryse Wilson out there to start Tuesday I'm gonna lose my mind!!! Enough is enough!!! Wilson either belongs in the bullpen or nowhere near the major league team. Dude is not a starting pitcher!!!

Not too shabby tonight.  Missed his spot to Vlad in the 6th, bit other than that, pretty good. 

The Braves are now 35 games into the 2021 season and have yet to get above .500. The last time the Braves went the first 35 games of the season without getting above .500 was 2017. In 2017 the Braves never got above .500 that year in route to 72 wins. So this is something to think about for all the "it's early, there's no reason to be concerned" crowd. In fact, the start of this season closely resembles the 2001 season. That year the Braves were 2-1 and 3-2 before dropping below .500 and not making it back above until game 51. They then lost game 52 to drop back to .500 at 26-26 before finally getting back over .500 to stay at 27-26 in game 53. The 2001 team finished at 88 wins and won the division by 2 games over the Phillies.

Weirdly enough....while the loss sucked and annoying, I don't feel too bad about it.

The biggest difference was 2 mental errors rather than physical issues.

The fact that the teams to be getting back to that "never quit with snit" mindset back is encouraging.

I mean the Braves brought the winning run to the plate and he put a good swing on it...just barely missing it.

The late inning offense feels different than it has all year so we will see.

The braves can and I think still will take the series.