Phillies @ Braves

tl;dr

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I would be okay with it, but it’s not gonna happen 

You are correct. This organization would never be proactive with something that should ultimately be done. It took over two years past the point of understandable firing reasons for them to finally ditch Fredi Gonzalez. They look at three consecutive division titles and judge him based on that, not ever believing that he could be the reason we don’t have three consecutive WS titles. 

13 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

I wonder if anything was said to Webb for not covering home after his error?  That was a big WTH moment, not necessarily the error, but the squatting for a **** part. 

I'm sure he heard about it. I know he was mad at himself but you must keep your head in it. 

1 minute ago, Jimsmusic™ said:

so every game on mlb.com says game of the day (free to watch via their online service) .... except braves vs phils.

good stuff guys -.-

ESPN has exclusive rights. The contract they have with MLB even bans any games from starting within 2 hours of a Sunday Night Game. ESPN totally owns any baseball played on Sunday evening.

3 minutes ago, Jimsmusic™ said:

so every game on mlb.com says game of the day (free to watch via their online service) .... except braves vs phils.

good stuff guys -.-

Probably because it's nationally televised already if I had to guess

9 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Snit said Acuna is doing drills right now. Theyll see how it goes before releasing the lineup.

I'm seeing a lot of Brian Snitker hate on Twitter about how he "approves of Acuna getting drilled because he refuses to drill the opponent" and other stuff. Apparently Snitker said some things postgame that people didn't like. I didn't see it.

12 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm seeing a lot of Brian Snitker hate on Twitter about how he "approves of Acuna getting drilled because he refuses to drill the opponent" and other stuff. Apparently Snitker said some things postgame that people didn't like. I didn't see it.

I'm not sure where the hate comes from.  All Snitker said was you have to consider the situation. He said he absolutely hates to see it but pretty much said it was late in a close game and they couldn't afford to put someone on base for free.

13 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I'm not sure where the hate comes from.  All Snitker said was you have to consider the situation. He said he absolutely hates to see it but pretty much said it was late in a close game and they couldn't afford to put someone on base for free.

Hard to argue with that honestly.

55 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Apparently something about how “Freddie hits a homerun and just runs around the bases like he should” and they’re taking that as a dig at Ozuna and Acuna for their HR celebrations.

And he’s not wrong. As much as we wanted to see them send a message the game situation wasn’t right for it.