Jump to content

The "TRUE" test of being a "Falcons Fan" : Would you do this?


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Statistically, you are correct. I was not referring to stats. I watch most NFL games during the week on NFL rewind, condensed version, and have for several years. The guy taking snaps for the Packers from 2017-2019 was not the same guy taking snaps last year, or early in his career. While Ryan's' results have varied, there has never been a moment where I've watched him and just though "he looks different." I very much felt that was about AR prior to last season. I think the NFL looks a lot different to me than to the many fans. I know prior to about five years ago, I knew everything about the Falcons, and only what ESPN showed me from the rest of the league. 

I love AR's highlight reel. Its just what he did on all the other snaps that was concerning. He has it in his head that he's not supported and he played like he believed that was true. MANY times a receiver would do something he didn't like, and he'd just sail the ball into the sideline with no pressure anywhere around...literally just give up on 3rd down plays early. It was mind boggling stuff. 

Last year we got that "angry Aaron" narrative for the whole year. Even in the 3-4 down years that guy would show up from time to time. However, prior to last year those games/plays were the exception and not the rule. 

Good clarification. Hard to dissect without because most here live on stats alone. I prefer the eye test myself even though my eyes are horrible 😃

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

He sure destroyed us though in that Divisional round game. 😢

I still wonder how that game would have gone if we get that FG before halftime to make it 21-17 instead of the Pick 6 that crippled us and put us down 14 at half.

Rodgers and Packers were on fire. The defense didn’t force a punt all game. I don’t think Falcons could have hung in with them. 
I was hoping Eagles to beat packers in WC round but **** GB defense intercepted Vick in the end zone to win the game. It was their year, stars were all aligned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

This is all hypothetical of course. But I thought it would be interesting to discuss here. I know there are Cap issues and all that stuff. 

As for ME : OH HECK NO WAY I WOULD DO THIS AT ALL! 

Now back to the scenario..... 

Okay,  give me a drums rolls please, and a thank you very much if you don't mind, and a hello what a great idea or you are the A-hole from WHELL! 

And it goes

What about trading Matt Ryan & Julio Jones for Aaron Rodgers? 

Would you do it? Would you want it? There are serious cap issues. But cap issues aside WOULD YOU MAKE THAT TRADE 

and it is that simple of a question. 

As for me, H@LL NO! What do you think? 

 

Matt has pretty much out played Rodgers over the last 6 or so years execpt what last year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

I can't even go to that site anymore. It's so full of spam ads it literally locks up no matter what device I try. Too bad, too, because it used to be a nice basic, clean design that you could navigate easily to find good info.

 

Agreed. It’s gotten bad. Like you said it used to be better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thanat0s said:

I can't even go to that site anymore. It's so full of spam ads it literally locks up no matter what device I try. Too bad, too, because it used to be a nice basic, clean design that you could navigate easily to find good info.

 

But it was very accurate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Wjcorner said:

Can I get a-rod in the regular season, Matt Ryan in the postseason, and Brady’s defense in the SB 🤔

This is the real **** right here

 

A-a-ron always does well right up until the 2nd round of the playoffs. Plus we seem to beat their *** (except 2011...) anyway. 

MR has been a better playoff QB since that implosion a decade ago.

Brady is the luckiest mf alive and ends up on teams with good coaching + great lines. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

He sure destroyed us though in that Divisional round game. 😢

I still wonder how that game would have gone if we get that FG before halftime to make it 21-17 instead of the Pick 6 that crippled us and put us down 14 at half.

Considering the defense forces 0 punts, don’t think things would have changed much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, falcndave said:

Statistically, you are correct. I was not referring to stats. I watch most NFL games during the week on NFL rewind, condensed version, and have for several years. The guy taking snaps for the Packers from 2017-2019 was not the same guy taking snaps last year, or early in his career. While Ryan's' results have varied, there has never been a moment where I've watched him and just though "he looks different." I very much felt that was about AR prior to last season. I think the NFL looks a lot different to me than to the many fans. I know prior to about five years ago, I knew everything about the Falcons, and only what ESPN showed me from the rest of the league. 

I love AR's highlight reel. Its just what he did on all the other snaps that was concerning. He has it in his head that he's not supported and he played like he believed that was true. MANY times a receiver would do something he didn't like, and he'd just sail the ball into the sideline with no pressure anywhere around...literally just give up on 3rd down plays early. It was mind boggling stuff. 

Last year we got that "angry Aaron" narrative for the whole year. Even in the 3-4 down years that guy would show up from time to time. However, prior to last year those games/plays were the exception and not the rule. 

People always talk about Rodgers insanely low interception rate and while he deserves a lot of credit for that he’s also extremely lucky. I watch Rodgers and Ryan make a lot of the same decisions on throws and for Ryan those bad decisions end up as interceptions while for Rodgers they don’t because the defender drops a would be interception. It’s really annoying because the stats only or ESPN highlights only crowd doesn’t account for things like dropped interceptions. That is why I like ESPN’s total QBR. It accounts for things like that. It accounts for the difference between a sac that is on the QB for holding onto the ball too long and one that gets sacked as a result of a missed block. Again, the stats only crowd just rehearses sack numbers and that’s “fact” with them. Anyone that watched Rodgers vs. Ryan objectivity from 2016-2019 and says Rodgers was better is living in a fantasy land.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Although I think this thread is bad, this isn't necessarily the best argument against him. Rodgers is smart and throws away alot of balls. He also has only had one legit playmaker. Let's be fair about it at least, assuming you're talking statistics

Screenshot-20210507-075129.png

Screenshot-20210507-075305.png

What’s not fair? As @falcndave alluded, those stats show Ryan was the better QB 2016-19. Which he was. And unless you don’t think Aaron Jones is a “legit playmaker”, Rodgers had more than one last year....as he has had pretty much more than one every year he’s been in the league.

Rodgers problem has been similar to Ryan’s....bad defense + mediocre head coaching. But not for lack of playmakers, ever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2021 at 3:00 PM, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

This is all hypothetical of course. But I thought it would be interesting to discuss here. I know there are Cap issues and all that stuff. 

As for ME : OH HECK NO WAY I WOULD DO THIS AT ALL! 

Now back to the scenario..... 

Okay,  give me a drums rolls please, and a thank you very much if you don't mind, and a hello what a great idea or you are the A-hole from WHELL! 

And it goes

What about trading Matt Ryan & Julio Jones for Aaron Rodgers? 

Would you do it? Would you want it? There are serious cap issues. But cap issues aside WOULD YOU MAKE THAT TRADE 

and it is that simple of a question. 

As for me, H@LL NO! What do you think? 

 

**** no!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Rings locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...