NFL.com - Dalman will be among best from 4-7th rounds

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

i wanna believe in Dalman but I believed all the Henessy hype last year and he had a dud rook season - maybe Hennessey will make the jump this year - Chris Morgan was so terrible as an O-Line coach developing our young players

I really believe Ledford and AS (both of whom played O-line) will be able to coach all our guys up where the previous coaching staff was unable to help any of them really develop.   Look what AS did with Ty Sambrailo in TN.  Ty couldn't even hold a roster spot here with our line being as crappy as it has been.. and he was a solid starter for the Titans after Lewan went down.  

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

i wanna believe in Dalman but I believed all the Henessy hype last year and he had a dud rook season - maybe Hennessey will make the jump this year - Chris Morgan was so terrible as an O-Line coach developing our young players

To be fair Hennessy did not have the typical offseason like normal rookies do (no OTAs, mini-camps, preseason games). He lost valuable on the field reps. And like you mentioned Morgan wasn’t the best at developing players.

4 hours ago, Cole World said:

To be fair Hennessy did not have the typical offseason like normal rookies do (no OTAs, mini-camps, preseason games). He lost valuable on the field reps. And like you mentioned Morgan wasn’t the best at developing players.

Rookie OL that didn’t come into the NFL polished and ready Definitely get a mulligan in any fair appraisal.  Training camp and preseason is where so many of them first start learning technique. Few college OL coaches prepare their players for the NFL.