Who has the best potential? Hennessy or Dalman

This should be a good training camp battle. Both were rated equally coming out. Both had 2nd-4th rd grades coming out. Both have NFL pedigree. Dalman has that underdog factor to him like McClure had. Who do you think wins this battle???

2 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Come on Gono. He is the only real beast we have i feel everyone else is a technician.  Maybe the kid out of Michigan from what i read.

10 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Gono.

The way some of our fans treat Gono is bizarre to me. Dude could wind up being good, but imho he hasn't shown much besides that he can be a solid swing tackle.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The way some of our fans treat Gono is bizarre to me. Dude could wind up being good, but imho he hasn't shown much besides that he can be a solid swing tackle.

I dig it. I can say that gm where linstrom came back he played just as well if not better than linstrom. Hes been kept around for a reason. To his credit the last staff had him all over the place and kept free agent signings on the line longer than they should have.

Did i see him make some mistakes? Yes.

Edited by red falcon

So doesn't mention Hennessy at the left guard battle.

Wonder if that means he's either a center or he's not starting, or if it was just oversight.  It'll all change once the pads go on anyway.

3 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I'm glad we tendered Gono.  You spend a few years developing a player just to see them go somewhere else to ball out.  I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't our starting LG this year.  

5 hours ago, lju713 said:

This should be a good training camp battle. Both were rated equally coming out. Both had 2nd-4th rd grades coming out. Both have NFL pedigree. Dalman has that underdog factor to him like McClure had. Who do you think wins this battle???

I first read that as training camp bottle, so of course I thought Hennessy! Don't know if he can beat out Patr'on though... ;)

17 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

I'm glad we tendered Gono.  You spend a few years developing a player just to see them go somewhere else to ball out.  I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't our starting LG this year.  

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't either, since I think Mayfield will be. ;)

I'm messing. Hope he balls.

3 hours ago, takeitdown said:

So doesn't mention Hennessy at the left guard battle.

Wonder if that means he's either a center or he's not starting, or if it was just oversight.  It'll all change once the pads go on anyway.

I think that is implying Hennessy is the favorite at center to start. Dalman could over take him but I think it is hard to come in at center and start as a rookie. NFL father or not. That said, I'm glad there's some competition as I am not sure if Hennessy is ready to make a big jump. Competition might push him to be better than he would've been otherwise. 

Dalman is already starting.  I think its almost insane to look at this roster and be ok with ANYONE that TD and DQ brought in.  I want this whole roster turned over and bring in real players if needed

1 hour ago, ryanvalz said:

Dalman is already starting.  I think its almost insane to look at this roster and be ok with ANYONE that TD and DQ brought in.  I want this whole roster turned over and bring in real players if needed

Yeah lets get rid of Ryan, Julio, Grady, Mathews, Linstrom, Calvin, Debo, AJ and Foye to name a few...

9 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't either, since I think Mayfield will be. ;)

I'm messing. Hope he balls.

It looks like I threw the double negative in by mistake.  I think Gono has a good chance to start for us at LG.