Jump to content

Who has the best potential? Hennessy or Dalman


Recommended Posts

This should be a good training camp battle. Both were rated equally coming out. Both had 2nd-4th rd grades coming out. Both have NFL pedigree. Dalman has that underdog factor to him like McClure had. Who do you think wins this battle???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Come on Gono. He is the only real beast we have i feel everyone else is a technician.  Maybe the kid out of Michigan from what i read.

 

10 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Gono.

The way some of our fans treat Gono is bizarre to me. Dude could wind up being good, but imho he hasn't shown much besides that he can be a solid swing tackle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

 

The way some of our fans treat Gono is bizarre to me. Dude could wind up being good, but imho he hasn't shown much besides that he can be a solid swing tackle.

I dig it. I can say that gm where linstrom came back he played just as well if not better than linstrom. Hes been kept around for a reason. To his credit the last staff had him all over the place and kept free agent signings on the line longer than they should have.

Did i see him make some mistakes? Yes.

Edited by red falcon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So doesn't mention Hennessy at the left guard battle.

Wonder if that means he's either a center or he's not starting, or if it was just oversight.  It'll all change once the pads go on anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

 

The way some of our fans treat Gono is bizarre to me. Dude could wind up being good, but imho he hasn't shown much besides that he can be a solid swing tackle.

I'm glad we tendered Gono.  You spend a few years developing a player just to see them go somewhere else to ball out.  I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't our starting LG this year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, lju713 said:

This should be a good training camp battle. Both were rated equally coming out. Both had 2nd-4th rd grades coming out. Both have NFL pedigree. Dalman has that underdog factor to him like McClure had. Who do you think wins this battle???

I first read that as training camp bottle, so of course I thought Hennessy! Don't know if he can beat out Patr'on though... ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

I'm glad we tendered Gono.  You spend a few years developing a player just to see them go somewhere else to ball out.  I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't our starting LG this year.  

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't either, since I think Mayfield will be. ;)

I'm messing. Hope he balls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, takeitdown said:

So doesn't mention Hennessy at the left guard battle.

Wonder if that means he's either a center or he's not starting, or if it was just oversight.  It'll all change once the pads go on anyway.

I think that is implying Hennessy is the favorite at center to start. Dalman could over take him but I think it is hard to come in at center and start as a rookie. NFL father or not. That said, I'm glad there's some competition as I am not sure if Hennessy is ready to make a big jump. Competition might push him to be better than he would've been otherwise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dalman is already starting.  I think its almost insane to look at this roster and be ok with ANYONE that TD and DQ brought in.  I want this whole roster turned over and bring in real players if needed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ryanvalz said:

Dalman is already starting.  I think its almost insane to look at this roster and be ok with ANYONE that TD and DQ brought in.  I want this whole roster turned over and bring in real players if needed

Yeah lets get rid of Ryan, Julio, Grady, Mathews, Linstrom, Calvin, Debo, AJ and Foye to name a few...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't either, since I think Mayfield will be. ;)

I'm messing. Hope he balls.

It looks like I threw the double negative in by mistake.  I think Gono has a good chance to start for us at LG.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...