The team showed matt Ryan its behind him. Now it’s time for matt to show the team it’s behind them

Now that we passed on a quarterback and put heavy draft stock into the offense. Maybe it’s time to do a team friendly 2 year extension to help us with our cap situation and set Ryan up until 2025 assuming he can still play that long. Brady and brees both have been doing team friendly deals so they can build around them for years. Ryan needs to do the same. 

2 hours ago, texasfalconfan said:

Now that we passed on a quarterback and put heavy draft stock into the offense. Maybe it’s time to do a team friendly 2 year extension to help us with our cap situation and set Ryan up until 2025 assuming he can still play that long. Brady and brees both have been doing team friendly deals so they can build around them for years. Ryan needs to do the same. 

There is so much false in this post that I don’t even know where to begin.

Im a little skeptical of that narrative.

Why hasnt LG been priority this offseason?

Mt gosh  I hope Mayfield is the beast his potential screams, but the fact remains he is 20yrs old and has NEVER played guard one snap. Not 1?  AND 20 years old?  Just skeptical for this type of planning for Ryan health. Please tell me plan B because I dont see them having one.  Is Gono a guard option? I dont think so based off of once again selection of Mayfield. He aint playing tackle with them arms, and certainly would not be the fall back if something happened to Matthews or McGary.

The only RELATIVE option I see on roster is Henney at LG, and if thats the case whats the plan at center? 

Dalman? Umm OK? Can he start week 1? Once again I dont see it.

Mayfield and Dalman are great developmental pieces, and dont think I would not be down with either starting and being league average as rookies.  The talent is there but a major gamble for 2 spots. Having a hard time wrapping head around this being the plan? Seems very Troffy .

3 hours ago, texasfalconfan said:

He is 36 and currently has a contract that goes through his age 39 season.

you want to extend that?!

7 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Im a little skeptical of that narrative.

Why hasnt LG been priority this offseason?

Mt gosh  I hope Mayfield is the beast his potential screams, but the fact remains he is 20yrs old and has NEVER played guard one snap. Not 1?  AND 20 years old?  Just skeptical for this type of planning for Ryan health. Please tell me plan B because I dont see them having one.  Is Gono a guard option? I dont think so based off of once again selection of Mayfield. He aint playing tackle with them arms, and certainly would not be the fall back if something happened to Matthews or McGary.

The only RELATIVE option I see on roster is Henney at LG, and if thats the case whats the plan at center? 

Dalman? Umm OK? Can he start week 1? Once again I dont see it.

Mayfield and Dalman are great developmental pieces, and dont think I would not be down with either starting and being league average as rookies.  The talent is there but a major gamble for 2 spots. Having a hard time wrapping head around this being the plan? Seems very Troffy .

I wouldn’t panic about it just yet cause we don’t know what the final 53-man roster looks like.

4 hours ago, texasfalconfan said:

He will probably get a 3 year extension. Not sure about Brees ever discounted anything.

7 hours ago, texasfalconfan said:

Ryan has done plenty. Move on.

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I wouldn’t panic about it just yet cause we don’t know what the final 53-man roster looks like.

Well, not only that.  Even though I have my limits evaluating offensive lineman, I can evaluate other positions.  The conclusion I have come to is that players did not progress/develop much under Quinn.  Does that also apply to the OL?  Maybe.  Maybe D-Led and Smith can do something about that.

Does anyone else hate the fact that our OL coach is called D-Led?  It just creeps me out. 

Nah man. You are talking bout two different people with separate mindsets. I believe Brady hit his second wind after we lost to the Patriots in the SB. Im not sure if MR will fade out but the FO has definitely given him the tools to succeed this year. I just don't see that many years left in his tank like that but I love MR and would hope he can get that chip prior to hanging that jersey. I just don't see how it will be likely. I hope I am proven wrong.