Matt Ryan- Best QB in the NFC South?

I'll give Darnold 3rd best just because Jameis has never shown me any more than Darnold has. I expect both to be better but ultimately think Jameis will lose his job to Hill. 

Darnold finally had everything he needs around him to succeed but he has to clean up the mistakes dating back to USC. I trust him to correct his errors more than I trust Jameis

19 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Ryan easily. He has been for a while now. The failures of the team as a whole, has overshadowed it. While Brady is and has been good, he's been extremely blessed with a lot of loaded teams around him his whole career. The goat mess gets thrown around way to easy. Brady is good though, but he's not better than Ryan at this point. He wasn't even better that Ryan in 2016. He just had a lot better defense and coaching.

Edit: wanted to add.. there really just no way to measure it. It's really just our opinions and narratives. We just can't make everything equal for everyone and then I question what is equal? So honestly , I don't know. I always felt Peyton was a far better QB than Brady , but both were in different circumstances.

Ha ha ha ha... 

1 hour ago, slick0ne said:

I say it's been Ryan the past couple of years since Brees's decline....Quinn's reign and regime (Inept decisions and defense) took a lot of shine away from #2 - Loosing games they were supposed to win, suspect play calling, and overall piss poor clock management.

I don't hate Brady but I believe his NFL QB career is not the Norm....I've seen somewhere that Brady has never won anything without a top 10 Defense...how many of those has Ryan had in his career?

This is coming from someone (Me) who's never really liked or disliked Ryan.

Agreed. 

Brady was surrounded by good coaches and had a defense and OL. Ryan has had a revolving door of all 3. 

Plus Brady will likely retire in a year. Matt had another 5.

Rings go to everyone on the team including the equipment manager. Rings and trophies are TEAM accomplishments. I'm not detracting from bradys excellance, but I personally believe that g minshew could have won with last year's Bucs team. Only one year out of bradys entire career has he had a defense ranked out of the top 5(going off memory and I'm old). Last year, he had weapons out the *** and a top defense. People, I believe, are about to see what mr can accomplish.

2 hours ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

With the retirement of Drew Brees, who takes the crown of best QB in the division?

If you look at it, it's Ryan. 

Although Brady is way more accomplished and is the GOAT, Matt Ryan isn't old enough to be a fossil. 

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting MATT RYAN- THE KING OF THE SOUTH

QB corner: Q&A with Matt Ryan

Brother, it doesn't matter how you spin it, Brady is the best QB in the South until he retires. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's how I'm looking at it as well. While Ryan has, what on paper looks like a much improved system, we can't discount the fact that Tampa literally lost nothing on offense and his offensive line is worlds better. 

I don't care about all the Brady has loaded teams talk. To me that's not even worth noting. You can have all the talent in the world around you and still lose. Love him or hate him, he's a student of the game and knows how to win. Taking credit away from him(not you) just seems petty to me. 

Why I think Ryan will look better on paper?  The offense has to produce in order for Falcons to win, the same isn’t true for Tampa.  That D could carry the team to a few wins if needed, we won’t have that luxury.

13 minutes ago, Rings said:

Why I think Ryan will look better on paper?  The offense has to produce in order for Falcons to win, the same isn’t true for Tampa.  That D could carry the team to a few wins if needed, we won’t have that luxury.

So Brady is gets knocked because of that when their offense still needs to put up points regardless?

23 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So Brady is gets knocked because of that when their offense still needs to put up points regardless?

I don’t know what you just asked me bro lol.

1 minute ago, Rings said:

I don’t know what you just asked me bro lol.

You bring up the point that Tampa's defense can carry them. That's taking credit away from Brady and their offense. So are you knocking Brady because they have a good defense when their offense still needs to put up points to win? That's unfair in any qb discussion even if it was Geno Smith

3 hours ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

With the retirement of Drew Brees, who takes the crown of best QB in the division?

If you look at it, it's Ryan. 

Although Brady is way more accomplished and is the GOAT, Matt Ryan isn't old enough to be a fossil. 

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting MATT RYAN- THE KING OF THE SOUTH

QB corner: Q&A with Matt Ryan

What’s Ryan’s record against Brady again?

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

You bring up the point that Tampa's defense can carry them. That's taking credit away from Brady and their offense. So are you knocking Brady because they have a good defense when their offense still needs to put up points to win? That's unfair in any qb discussion even if it was Geno Smith

No no no.  I’m just saying Ryan may look better statistically because he can’t afford an off game, where Brady can, or they may be in the lead and know the defense can hold it down and not have to throw a bunch.  Not to mention the horror of blowing leads will likely keep foot on the gas more often here than TB lol.

No no no.  I’m just saying Ryan may look better statistically because he can’t afford an off game, where Brady can, or they may be in the lead and know the defense can hold it down and not have to throw a bunch.  Not to mention the horror of blowing leads will likely keep foot on the gas more often here than TB lol.

I gotcha now. Now, as with any other player, does being better statistically necessarily mean one is better than the other. In fans eyes yes but would you say let's say, Josh Allen is better than Matt Ryan? Or Justin Herbert is better than Matt?

Matt only had more yards but they had more touchdowns, fewer interceptions and better completion percentage. 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I gotcha now. Now, as with any other player, does being better statistically necessarily mean one is better than the other. In fans eyes yes but would you say let's say, Josh Allen is better than Matt Ryan? Or Justin Herbert is better than Matt?

Matt only had more yards but they had more touchdowns, fewer interceptions and better completion percentage. 

Think it’s hard to objectively determine who is better, it’s why I like PFF as much as I do.  It’s not perfect by any means, but it’s the best out there right now at doing just that.  

Think it’s hard to objectively determine who is better, it’s why I like PFF as much as I do.  It’s not perfect by any means, but it’s the best out there right now at doing just that.  

So now you see why I don't believe in stats 😂

i mean, last year it was tb. he had more yards, higher completion %, higher qbr. although it is a wonder that MR was able to put up the numbers he did with that offense they were running.

as for 2021: i guess we can discuss again in late december.

people basing individual quality on team success hurt my brain and have no understanding of the concept of team sports.