Justin Houston?

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

His glory days are gone, but he still had 19 sacks over the last two seasons.  On a 1 year prove it deal where he tries to prove it to another team for ne last "hurrah" contract. But he is 32 now and you gotta think declining is in his future. 

At this point, we don't have many options.  Most of what is available is in the same boat as him.  We either take a chance, or roll with what we got.

3 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

At this point, we don't have many options.  Most of what is available is in the same boat as him.  We either take a chance, or roll with what we got.

True, I'm excited about our draft picks in Ogundeji and Graham, and you almost have to consider Davidson another new guy as he did not get much playing time last season and lost over half the season due to injury.  This and Pees schemes have me confident for the upcoming campaign. 

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

We sign Poole, I'd say that Oliver hits the streets.  I don't see us keeping him with Poole in my mind being an upgrade.

I could see that but you can also never have too many DBs.

Terrell, Moreau, Oliver, Sheffield, Poole, Hall, Avery

Avery is more so for special teams and a gadget offensive/defense player and Hall is a rookie unknown so I would not be shocked if we kept 7 with 2 of them being basically redshirted on the defensive side.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

True, I'm excited about our draft picks in Ogundeji and Graham, and you almost have to consider Davidson another new guy as he did not get much playing time last season and lost over half the season due to injury.  This and Pees schemes have me confident for the upcoming campaign. 

Davidson is the X factor to me.  If this kid can give us something,we are in a far better place than last season.  COVID protocols ruined half his season and the balky knee thing didn't help.  Like you said, this will for all intents and purposes be his rookie season.

8 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Davidson is the X factor to me.  If this kid can give us something,we are in a far better place than last season.  COVID protocols ruined half his season and the balky knee thing didn't help.  Like you said, this will for all intents and purposes be his rookie season.

Definitely, I'm considering him a draft pick with some NFL experience. 

6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I praying Fowler gets a fire lit under his ___ maybe Pees can make that happen?

To me Fowler is one of those guys that would thrive in a "Duet."   He needs a guy with similar skills to help flush out the QB.  If we can find that guy, I think Fowler puts up solid numbers.

2 hours ago, FalconOdense said:
The #Faclons per source are looking at free agents Brian Poole, Steven Nelson, and Justin Houston. #NFL #NFLTalk

Doestn't this deserve a topic for it self? I really this it would be a nice vet move for our pass rush.

When I woke up, I knew today was gonna be a good day

3 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

To me Fowler is one of those guys that would thrive in a "Duet."   He needs a guy with similar skills to help flush out the QB.  If we can find that guy, I think Fowler puts up solid numbers.

If the push up the middle improves the DE's are more often than not the beneficiaries.  So I think Davidson and Graham can help Grady out with that.