Javian Hawkins... Lots to like!

8 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

I agree on the Cohen comparison, but more so on the size. The list of players of Hawkins size being any type of NFL contributor starts and ends with Cohen and Darren Sproles. 

Any body think over someone else? Sylvestor Stamps maybe? (Talk about old school)

He's 3 inches taller than Quizz Rodgers 😀

5 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

I agree on the Cohen comparison, but more so on the size. The list of players of Hawkins size being any type of NFL contributor starts and ends with Cohen and Darren Sproles. 

Any body think over someone else? Sylvestor Stamps maybe? (Talk about old school)

yeah sproles, trindon Holiday, Desean Jax, steve smith, antoine winfield... all little guys with success.  Not all at RB but he really looks feisty & tough to me.  I mean the entire idea is to get him in space as a complimentary scat back anyways. 

I'm really glad I happened to look at this 2019 stuff... I'm a bit more encouraged now & we need another RB to step up.  We had meetings with Felton so I hope this guy will fill that need.

2 minutes ago, runshoot said:

More importantly, look at the offense they ran. Outside zone runs and inside zone runs. Im betting he was picked up not only for his talent, but dude already understands the system we are going to run here.

Thats what jumped to me. With this system you dont need world beaters just vision.

40 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Really appears to have good vision. He was doing well against some really good schools.

His level of competition is what caught my eye. He’s very elusive and runs with great balance. Did a great job of finding holes too. He may be more of a change of pace back due to size limitations in pass protection. But, when he gets an opportunity he should be able to get some big runs. He may be another Antone Smith and you KNOW how awesome he was lol

17 minutes ago, FalconDiddly18 said:

I like him, hope he does well. Looks like he has a bit of a breakaway speed that we've been missing since Coleman.

Now you know that Bill & Ollie are world class sprinters right? :ninja:

2 hours ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Warrick Dunn

3 hours ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Devonta Freeman.

4 hours ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Stump Mitchell was a little guy to.