Is OC rookie Drew Dalman really too small? Does he “really” need to add weight?

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

10 Hardees Monster Burgers for dinner chased with a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon for a month will take care of that problem. 

No No No, that's what got me my waist. During camp those guys will be burning 5K Calories a day. That will be a snack for them :)

1 hour ago, dcfalcons said:

Complete nonsense that he is 'too small'.  

Until he has a bad snap in preseason where he gives up a sack or loses balance and gets pushed off line, at which point many will attribute his problem as not being big or strong enough.  It’s coming.......

Posted (edited)

Dalman looks bigger then Hennessey already and most likely will take the center spot.  All I have to say is thank goodness. 

CardinalSportsReport - Drew Dalman decides the time is right to go to the  NFL

Dalman is SOOO SMALL. 

This little B is small.  Thank you TD and Quinn

Temple center Matt Hennessy confident as NFL draft approaches

Edited by ryanvalz

38 minutes ago, gazoo said:

because he's too small?  🙄

No because he has the ability and skills to replace Gage. So when it comes to pay him Darby replaces his production and we could possibly pick up a comp because somebody will pick Gage up.

I am excited about the whole offensive line. With the whole combination of coach Smith and his background of being and working with lineman, our new o-line coach and his background,the guys that were here last year with another year of development, the two draft picks and their potential, the large amount of undrafted rookie lineman and what they can bring to the table and to the free agent that the GM brought in. We can hopefully finally have a strong line with starting quality backups.

6 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

The kiss of death

5 James Stone's = Da Gawd himself, JS
4.5 James Stone's = Jeff Van Note
4 James Stone's = Alex Mack
3.5 James Stone's = Todd McClure
3 James Stone's = Robbie Tobeck
2 James Stone's = Jamie Dukes
1 James Stone's =  Peter Konz
0 James Stone's = Mike Person

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

Zaccheaus should get playing time over both of them imo.

Naw Darby is better than Zaccheaus.. Check out Darby 1on1 senior bowl tape

Edited by GATXBOI

9 minutes ago, Jesus said:

5 James Stone's = Da Gawd himself, JS
4.5 James Stone's = Jeff Van Note
4 James Stone's = Alex Mack
3.5 James Stone's = Todd McClure
3 James Stone's = Robbie Tobeck
2 James Stone's = Jamie Dukes
1 James Stone's =  Peter Konz
0 James Stone's = Mike Person

At least James Stone has won games before for ATL at center, same can't be said for hennessy or even Hawley for that matter

9 hours ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Weight without context is meaningless.   For example I am:

6'0 192 lbs

Hands 10.25

Arms 33 1/8th

Great size to play corner.

Problem?  I have a dad bod, doubt I can bench 225 for 1 rep anymore.   4 time probably over 5.0 40 right now and I'm over 40 years old.

Arguing about a 300 lbs man and 10 lbs is a joke without the details.  Leave it to the coaches guys.

LOL, I'm 6'4, 220 lbs...Sounds like Julio right? 

Nah fam.

The other thing Dalman has going for him is his Dad.

I am sure his Dad is doing everything in his power to prepare his son to deal with the most challenging aspects of playing NFL Center:  Guys out weighing you by 35 lbs are trying to run you over.

41 minutes ago, vitaman said:

The other thing Dalman has going for him is his Dad.

I am sure his Dad is doing everything in his power to prepare his son to deal with the most challenging aspects of playing NFL Center:  Guys out weighing you by 35 lbs are trying to run you over.

I guaranty his dad taught him proper technique and weight training in prep football, high school, and college. He went to a pro style offense to learn even more. 

You know what's crazy?

Van Note was the Falcons center for 18 years and McClure for 13.

For 31 of the Falcons 56 years two guys, both 7th round picks, have manned the middle of the offensive line. That's more than half of the franchises existence! They probably snapped to about 30 different QBs during that time.

On 5/4/2021 at 6:52 PM, gazoo said:

Until he has a bad snap in preseason where he gives up a sack or loses balance and gets pushed off line, at which point many will attribute his problem as not being big or strong enough.  It’s coming.......

100%

You see this crap all the time.  A nonsensical 'weakness' that follows a player through to the pros.  It's probably already in the initial bio summary for analyst review.

41 minutes ago, dcfalcons said:

100%

You see this crap all the time.  A nonsensical 'weakness' that follows a player through to the pros.  It's probably already in the initial bio summary for analyst review.

I see you’ve been watching this a long time as well. This is exactly how it goes down. All it takes is a single snap for the perception to set in concrete and from there you never hear the end of it....for years sometimes.