Potential Trade Partner if we were to trade Julio…

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think the entire purpose of OP was for GB to trade for Julio to make Rodgers happy. 

Yeah. I know but Falcons would be dumb to trade Julio to biggest conference Rival. Imagine NFCG or a play off game facing Rodgers and Julio. I could see them considering a trade if Love is QB. But I wouldn’t trade Julio with in NFC.

9 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Packers aren't going to trade Rodgers, looks like the extension talks didnt go well and Rodgers threw a fit. 

Yeah, don't see them trading Rodgers either. Not this season, but maybe after it though.

Rodgers wants Packers to commit to him long term and probably wants to be highest paid player again. Only problem with that is his age throughout that potential long term contract and the fact that the Packers already has his successor in house.

It's said that Rodgers is intrigued by the Raiders. I think he wants to go Hollywood and wants to play in a place that's either huge in the entertainment market or close by place that is.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, don't see them trading Rodgers either. Not this season, but maybe after it though.

Rodgers wants Packers to commit to him long term and probably wants to be highest paid player again. Only problem with that is his age throughout that potential long term contract and the fact that the Packers already has his successor in house.

It's said that Rodgers is intrigued by the Raiders. I think he wants to go to go Hollywood and wants to play in a place that's either huge in the entertainment market or close by place that is.

Rodgers wants to stay close to California. He lives 90 mins from Hollywood. 

Vegas would be great for Rogers, he grew up in NoCal and looking at Rodgers demeanor, there is no way he was a fan of the wine and cheese crowd of the 49ers.

Vegas is a 4 hour drive from LA, but fire up the copter and Rodgers can be there in 45 minutes, record a few episodes of Jeopardy and be back to practice in the morning.

3 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

If we decide to trade Julio I think we should look at the Packers. Rodgers is disgruntled, there are sources that say it’s partially due to weapons, what better weapon than Julio? Trade Julio for AJ Dillion (former 2nd round pick) and a 2022 3rd. Dillion operates under LaFleur’s offense which runs similar running elements as Smith’s system. That may be enough to give Rodgers the motivation to stick around. If it doesn’t, then Love will have enough firepower that the offense would still be as potent.

Absolutely terrible exchange of value.  This would be like trading a Ferrari with 30k miles for a VW golf and a Nissan sentra

1 hour ago, hotola said:

We need roughly 10M cap space.
Julio trade make 15.3M space.

Falcons need 4.5M cap space to sign rookie class. They could easily restructure Grady to get the cap space and not burn 23M dead money by trading Julio.

A few years ago before he re-upped, I can't remember exactly but i want to say I recall this season being the season they could have escaped from him and saved a ton of money with a minimum dead cap hit. I wonder if they had never done it and his contract stood the way that it was, would this new regime have gotten rid of him and used that money on a Von Miller or someone else on the defensive side of the ball. We will never find out of course. 

I think the only way a team offers us enough for Julio will be if they have high expectations and panic. Either their WR gets hurt during the season/training camp or they go part way through training camp and realize they really need a WR. The problem with Part way through the season is that Julio may get hurt or we may not want to trade him at all because our team is doing awesome.