Your feelings if a trade happened...

Posted (edited)

If you woke up one morning and Julio isn't a Atlanta Falcon anymore....I'm an Falcons fan boy- I'll defend just about anyone on our roster. Once a bird always a bird- except you Curtis Lofton. Why?!? Anyways... Honestly- for me I would be upset. Like UP F*cking set. Hear me out- let me explain. We are the Falcons. Why is that important?!? Glad you asked- how many HOF players have we ever had? More than we get credit for that's for sure. Other franchises have their iconic guys in the HOF. As much as I expect Matt to get in- let's be honest. Julio as of right now probably is higher on some people's list to get in the HOF. Can you imagine chief fans watching Tony G playing for us?!? I guarantee some fans got sick to their stomach watching him and Matt put up huge numbers and cement his HOF career in another city. I don't want that with Julio. We as a team deserve one our GREATS to stay and retire. I'm also worried Matt won't end his career here either. That will be a sad day for us fans IMO. This is the greatest ten plus years we have ever had. Again IMO. Flame suit is on lol cheers!

Edited by Shaggy 2.0
  • Shaggy 2.0 changed the title to Your feelings if a trade happened...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Julio still plays for the Falcons?  I haven't seen him since 2016

Nothing we can do to stop it so this fella would see it trending, say "whaaaattt. Oh snap. They really did it. Message board gonna be a mess for the rest of the week". Then put my phone down and go pl

I hate coming to threads late....everything I want to say has already been said    Dont yall have jobs..🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Shaggy 2.0 said:

If you woke up one morning and Julio isn't a Atlanta Falcon anymore....I'm an Falcons fan boy- I'll defend just about anyone on our roster. Once a bird always a bird- except you Curtis Lofton. Why?!? Anyways... Honestly- for me I would be upset. Like UP F*cking set. Hear me out- let me explain. We are the Falcons. Why is that important?!? Glad you asked- how many HOF players have we ever had? More than we get credit for that's for sure. Other franchises have their iconic guys in the HOF. As much as I expect Matt to get in- let's be honest. Julio as of right now probably is higher on some people's list to get in the HOF. Can you imagine chief fans watching Tony G playing for us?!? I guarantee some fans got sick to their stomach watching him and Matt put up huge numbers and cement his HOF career in another city. I don't want that with Julio. We as a team deserve one our GREATS to stay and retire. I'm also worried Matt won't end his career here either. That will be a sad day for us fans IMO. This is the greatest ten plus years we have ever had. Again IMO. Flame suit is on lol cheers!

heart broken..a little angry at both sides..julio couldnt re do his deal to stay..or the other side did we do everything we could to keep him..idk just wouldnt be a good day for a lot of people.but the boards jesus christ this place will be a war zone..who wanted him gone who wanted him to stay..

I'm emotionally invested in the team. While I'll wish Julio well, I wouldn't feel cheated or anything as a fan. We paid him well and he earned his keep. I will always think of him as a class act and I'll hope he elects to wear Falcon colors into Canton if he gets that far. 

My loyalty is always with team above player. The FO has to go team first. I can live with what that means for individual players. Julio would have my respect, but I would no longer be emotionally connected to his success or failure.. 

37 minutes ago, Shaggy 2.0 said:

It would depend on what they got in return for him. I’m a Falcons fan before a players fan. If it truly benefited the team, then I’m for it 

“Nothing Personal It’s Strictly Business”

Love Julio but if there is an offer that  is going to help us now or in the near future we have to take it.

I think (Hope) Ryan will finish his career here in Atlanta. Ryan has at least 2-3 years in him maybe a total of 4. 

(I say this because I feel AS is building a better and stronger line that will protect Ryan for the next couple of years as well as for our future QB)

This leadership I trust. So if they decide it’s time to change QB’s…  let it be so. This goes the same for any player on the team.

I’ll never question this leadership as long as the changes or no changes leads to wins.

I'd hate to see him go, but if we got appropriate compensation, it's also a business.

With that said, I have to compare this to all the pre-draft QB at 4 talk.

If AS came here and expected MR is his QB, who do you think he was envisioning that Matt was throwing to? I bet it was Julio. What coach wouldn't want that threat on the field week in and week out? I'm sure there's some calls fir JJ, but just like the draft, I bet they aren't shipping him off without having substantial compensation.

We can get under the cap in other ways, and JJ's contract was front-loaded so drops dramatically over the next 2 years.

Next year his cap hit isn't even an issue if he's able to play consistently in 2021. 1 June will be a date to watch, and I hope it passes as uneventful. 

I would hate to see him go. In one way I get it and see the benefit to help manage the cap. But on the other hand, it negates the value of adding Pitts to the offense. I want him to be an ADDED piece to make the offense unstoppable, not just replace one great player with another for a net zero gain.